Hi everybody. I've been an iPhone user since they first came out. I love the simplicity of how everything fits together with other devices (I use a Mac and iPad). I've been increasingly frustrated at the lack of innovation in recent iPhones, so this week I purchased a Passport.

I love the size, the display, the sd memory capability, and the layout, but I'm completely lost trying to use it! I didn't realize how many iOS apps I used, from my home alarm system, to my pharmacy, to my Hue lights in my house. I can't even use Periscope!

Will BB ever move to fully functional Google Play integration? I've used the runaround to get to Play, but several apps aren't available.

Am I doomed? Is there hope for me? I'd really like to get away from the iPhone, but I understand it so well I wonder if I'll ever be able to be productive without one. Is there hope for me?

Sorry for the ramble! LOL
    01-07-16 03:12 PM
    I am rocking an iPhone, a 9900 and an android tablet. However if I were to start over, I'd get a passport SE, and an iPad .. may be next month I will re arrange my gadgets.
    01-07-16 09:03 PM
    Hi everybody. I've been an iPhone user since they first came out. I love the simplicity of how everything fits together with other devices (I use a Mac and iPad). I've been increasingly frustrated at the lack of innovation in recent iPhones, so this week I purchased a Passport.

I love the size, the display, the sd memory capability, and the layout, but I'm completely lost trying to use it! I didn't realize how many iOS apps I used, from my home alarm system, to my pharmacy, to my Hue lights in my house. I can't even use Periscope!

Will BB ever move to fully functional Google Play integration? I've used the runaround to get to Play, but several apps aren't available.

Am I doomed? Is there hope for me? I'd really like to get away from the iPhone, but I understand it so well I wonder if I'll ever be able to be productive without one. Is there hope for me?

Sorry for the ramble! LOL
    Don't throw good money after bad. Get another iPhone or if you don't want to do that get something like a Nexus 6
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 01-07-16 at 10:23 PM.
    01-07-16 09:07 PM
    Get the BlackBerry PRIV. Don't get any other kind of Android device, definitely not the Nexus. Just get a PRIV.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-16 11:09 PM
    Passport is awesome, I own both the OG and the SE. I'm now on my PRIV full time though.

01-07-16 11:10 PM
    Love the Passport and would never go back to an iphone but then again I don't need many Apps. I am amazed how many apps people use to run their lives!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    David Tyler and PrinceOfEgypt like this.
    01-08-16 12:47 AM
    You purchased Passport to try something new, so do it. Use it as long as you can before you have right to return it back and then decide.

Actually, I moved out of iPhone for the exactly the same reason - no innovation.

I would recommend to get acquainted with basics first: start with getting good grasp of the biggest asset - keyboard, then messaging, meetings and Web browser. You will be surprised how much you can do with browser.

Note, Android Hue app works but lags. At least on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 01:05 AM
    Get the BlackBerry PRIV. Don't get any other kind of Android device, definitely not the Nexus. Just get a PRIV.

My year old Nexus 6 is already on Android 6.1. They are going to announce when the Priv gets Android 6 sometime in Q1. Seriously.
    Posted via CB10
    bodjor and xueyaotianxia like this.
    01-08-16 06:34 AM
    I guess you bought the wrong phone if you want to use those apps. Should have tried a Priv or another android if you wanted something different. And no, BB10 will never have full Google play
    01-08-16 06:47 AM
    Don't throw good money after bad. Get another iPhone or if you don't want to do that get something like a Nexus 6
    Hahaha...as usual!

Posted via Priv...
    01-08-16 07:05 AM
    Hahaha...as usual!

Posted via Priv...
    Your suggestion? I'm still wondering about the Priv myself. I'm intrigued by the slider.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 11:20 AM
    Did you install Snap?

Snap gives you an google Playstore access. Once installed you could see if your apps work for you on the PP.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 04:12 PM
    I use my Passport for communication and my 6Plus/iPad on a data sim for apps. I think the OP would be best served either using a two device approach or get a Priv.

It seems you are invested in the iOS ecosystem so if you want to keep having a Passport, the two device setup is your best bet.

Either way, welcome to BlackBerry and Crackberry.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-08-16 05:22 PM
    Yeah those convenient apps seems indispensable once you have a need for them unfortunately.

No Hue and the other stuff. Tread to Android of things like that. Priv is a good compromise.

BB10 is great but will never get what you want, if they could BB would not have gone full Android. Perhaps maybe Andorid Z will be where BB10 is today one day.
    01-08-16 07:20 PM
    Absolutely no reason to be offensive towards OP. He had years of muscle memory and habits accumulated with iOS and despite this, he is willing to try something new.

Shame on you, sir.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I respect people who are willing to step out of their comfort zone. Good job OP. The thing with different platforms they offer different features and cater to the individuals values. Everything has a trade off. BlackBerry offers the best security in the world but iPhone offers a huge level of convenience. The question what works for you and what is most important to you. I cherish security but I long for the convenience that some apps offer.

OP can keep their old iPhone and tether it to their Passport. Use WiFi where they can on their iPhone. It's still a two phone set up. Also, do you need these apps on the road. These are just suggestions.

 Z30STA100-5/OS Ver10.3.2.2876/ SR 10.3.2.2836 
    Ecm likes this.
    01-09-16 08:31 AM
    FYI, the Phillips Hue app is on the Amazon app store. Works perfectly. I also installed the NEST app from snap and my linksys router software from amazon as well. All work great. I came from a galaxy S5 and don't miss it.

BlackBerry Passport SE

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 09:19 AM
    Why not just use cobalts playstore and get the latest android versions. I use Hue and arlo cams and use the apps from playstore.

What Have I Done?-img_20160109_165015.png

�this sentence contradicts iteself -- no it actually doesn't�
    01-09-16 03:50 PM
    OP is not following the thread anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 07:48 PM
    your telling the forum on Jan of 2016 you got the passport without even doing research on what you would be using it for the PRIV was there to buy if you wanted apps well now that you learnt you can exchange your passport for the PRIV or just stick with your bad decision and learn from it
    01-10-16 12:19 AM
    Please keep your comments civil -- no personal comments. The OP is looking for advice, not criticism of his choices.

The off topic comments (and where they were quoted) have been removed.
    01-10-16 09:24 AM
    You are fulfilling your destiny

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 10:36 AM
    Use the browser!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:36 AM