I saved many of my passwords in the Password Keeper app. I'm just curious, but what would happen if someone tried to uninstall Password Keeper? Would it simply just uninstall the app and erase all my passwords? Or, will it ask for my device ID before uninstalling? Does anyone know?

(Since I saved lots of passwords in this app, I didn't want to risk pressing the uninstall button myself. I'd hate to start all over again.)
    10-10-15 06:15 PM
    I don't think it would ask you for a password when deleting. Someone who has done that will know better. I assume it will uninstall like any other app
    That's why backups are so important. Takes less than a minute backup password keeper. Just make sure you don't forget your password when restoring your backup.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:17 PM
    I don't use password keeper so I tested for you. No it does not do anything different then uninstalling a regular app. Hit the X confirm you want to delete and it is gone. No other steps.

PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2789 AT&T
    rcranz likes this.
    10-10-15 08:29 PM
    I don't think it would ask you for a password when deleting. Someone who has done that will know better. I assume it will uninstall like any other app
    That's why backups are so important. Takes less than a minute backup password keeper. Just make sure you don't forget your password when restoring your backup.
    How do you backup the password keeper app? I'm still new to the Passport. At least all my passwords are backed up on paper though, in a small black book.
    10-10-15 09:26 PM
    I don't use password keeper so I tested for you. No it does not do anything different then uninstalling a regular app. Hit the X confirm you want to delete and it is gone. No other steps.
    Did you try adding any passwords before you uninstalled?
    10-10-15 09:26 PM
    Password keeper backs up to a cloud storage. When you install password keeper on another phone, as long as you use the same login password, then they will be restored. Or you can save an encrypted backup file to where ever you like, and same process. What ever password you used will unlock the backup file in password keeper.

Posted via CB10
    rcranz likes this.
    10-10-15 09:29 PM
    Did you try adding any passwords before you uninstalled?
    Not the first time. I added a password into it than went to delete it. Same thing. Just X, confirm, deletes. No added steps.

PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2789 AT&T
    rcranz likes this.
    10-10-15 09:55 PM
    How do you backup the password keeper app? I'm still new to the Passport. At least all my passwords are backed up on paper though, in a small black book.
    Swipe down from the top when in app and select settings. You can export all your passwords from in the settings. Keep in mind that when they're exported the file is encrypted.
    I backup to my sdcard and I also make a copy that I share to my pc through the file manager on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    rcranz likes this.
    10-11-15 01:17 AM