09-25-14 07:51 PM
    I pretty much expected that. someone try a z30 and z10
    09-25-14 07:54 PM
    This is exactly why I was hoping this did not come up at the launch...I honestly did a face palm when he mentioned the bendable issue.

Of course you can bend ANY device with enough force so you will never win that bet.

Apple sold what 10 mil devices and they found a handful that bend....

Any Canadian will recall when the "Twonie" came out and folks were saying that you could separate the inner gold part. Well....next comes idiots with hammers and guns and hydraulic punches proving that they can be separated. At least all they are out are $2.

With enough effort any modern slim phone with a slab of glass can be bent/broken with applied force. The question is how easily and there is the subjective grey area the the internet just loves to exploit.
    sirk25 and solitude1984 like this.
    09-25-14 08:25 PM
    This is exactly why I was hoping this did not come up at the launch...I honestly did a face palm when he mentioned the bendable issue.

Of course you can bend ANY device with enough force so you will never win that bet.

Apple sold what 10 mil devices and they found a handful that bend....

Any Canadian will recall when the "Twonie" came out and folks were saying that you could separate the inner gold part. Well....next comes idiots with hammers and guns and hydraulic punches proving that they can be separated. At least all they are out are $2.

With enough effort any modern slim phone with a slab of glass can be bent/broken with applied force. The question is how easily and there is the subjective grey area the the internet just loves to exploit.
    Did you see the video? The Passport DOESN'T bend!
    bungaboy, D3C0D3R and geraham like this.
    09-25-14 08:29 PM
    Did you see the video? The Passport DOESN'T bend!
    LOL... I was wondering what all that rambling was about??! It's like when you turn off the game while your team is down, spend the rest of the day sulking only to be told by a buddy that they actually won!

Go Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-25-14 08:35 PM
    Ok it actually broke....but hey It didn't bend?

Look i get that the iPH 6 is far more predisposed to bend and stay bent but to ask for idiots on the interwebs to prove the PP does not bend is stupid. It will only allow someone to post a vid proving in an argument showing the world that it can be bent/broken with enough applied force therefore proving iPH 6 superiority.

Don't borrow trouble...stay classy.

The first rule in sales is to not openly denigrate your competition.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    09-25-14 08:39 PM

Look i get that the iPH 6 is far more predisposed to bend and stay bent but to ask for idiots on the interwebs to prove the PP does not bend is stupid. It will only allow someone to post a vid proving in an argument showing the world that it can be bent/broken with enough applied force therefore proving iPH 6 superiority.

It didn't brake either. It's the BlackBerry logo being displayed because the phone is turning on.
    bungaboy and geraham like this.
    09-25-14 08:43 PM
    ok you win...
    09-25-14 08:46 PM

Lol did u still not look at the video?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:46 PM
    ok you win...
    Nah,.. everyone wins!.. lol

Posted via CB10
    Techno-Emigre and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-14 08:47 PM
    ok you win...
    We all won - IT DIDN'T BEND! (or brake)
    09-25-14 08:47 PM
    Completely missing my point guys... :shrug:

Someone will bend this device in a video...matter of time.

It looks to me like the dude suddenly stopped and dropped the thing, bet it was a nice crack sound that happened. So what though, as I said...these devices are not designed to withstand the force of INTENTIONAL bending. :facepalm:

Some are better than others, this one may be the best but asking for interweb scientists to experiment will only end bad.
    09-25-14 08:52 PM

It looks to me like the dude suddenly stopped and dropped the thing, bet it was a nice crack sound that happened. So what though, as I said...these devices are not designed to withstand the force of INTENTIONAL bending. :facepalm:

Some are better than others, this one may be the best but asking for interweb scientists to experiment will only end bad.
    Your point was mute

The fact is that the iPhone is bending in pockets, doesn't have to be intentionally

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:55 PM

Well, following your mature assesment of this ridiculous "bending" challenge, I cannot help to add - IT DIDN'T BEND
    09-25-14 08:58 PM
    Your point was mute

The fact is that the iPhone is bending in pockets, doesn't have to be intentionally

Posted via CB10
    Yea but once you open the door for folks to do the "same" experiments for each device online you allow for a false sense of equivalency.

We all know it is a far stronger device but once someone shows it bent well then I guess its not as strong cause they saw it on the interwebs.

I can't believe I am having to defend this...seems self evident to me. Why not stand on the shoulders of the strength of the device to perform and not on its ability to outlast an iPhone style bend test?
    09-25-14 08:59 PM
    nice! I got nervous when Chen made the challenge...
    09-25-14 09:17 PM
    The screen didnt cracked. The phone turned on and is showing the BlackBerry name
    09-25-14 09:20 PM
    I was going to say "Give me one and I will show you that it would bend"

...I just wouldn't be able to do it. Don't get me wrong, physically I bet could but but I just ...well this says it best:

manonthemoon likes this.
    09-25-14 09:34 PM
    Damn, thought the title said "blend" and I was really excited thinking the "Will it Blend?" guys did a video with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:36 PM
    Your point was mute

Posted via CB10
    Mute is not the same as moot, their point was moot.
    09-25-14 09:58 PM
    Thanks lol

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:01 PM
    Grammar cop! lol I see you working though.... :grin:

I have mad respect for SirJes, I figured it was just an auto correct issue...and not germane to the issue at hand.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-25-14 10:08 PM

Do you really know the difference between to bend and to break?
    09-25-14 10:11 PM
    Do you really know the difference between to bend and to break?
    Missing the point....
    09-25-14 10:19 PM
    If someone were to post a video of a "bend test" that requires the use of something beyond raw human strength, such as a hydraulic press or bench vice, I think that would end up being good publicity for BlackBerry as a show of strength and durability for their devices. I'm fairly certain that it will take a *lot* to bend this device, simply based on its internal steel I-beam construction, but also based on how wide it is. It would be like taking the iPhone and trying to bend it length-wise instead of along its width.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-25-14 10:21 PM
39 12