I am looking forward for 10.3.3 update due in March 2016.

IMHO mobile OS has been slower pace development in recent years. It makes sense for BlackBerry to put fewer efforts into the OS itself now. Instead, it should continue to innovate in the mobile application space including BBM, BlackBerry Blend, BlackBerry Protect...etc

If BlackBerry Priv is a great sell, I wouldn't worry it would kill off BlackBerry 10. Instead, BlackBerry will get a vote of confidence and uses the extra funding to continue its innovations in both Android or its own BlackBerry 10 platform.

So let's continue to enjoy our passports!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 10:00 PM
    "Perv". It will be watching you like one...with that Google crap all over it

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 10:09 PM
    If BlackBerry decide to go all Android then it's going to be Bye Bye BlackBerry from me, as long as I have my Passport running BB10 then I'll be a happy man.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    Same here.
    10-07-15 11:25 PM
    Ahh FFS

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 11:39 PM
    Use it till you can't use it no more. You spent hard earned coin to get it, get your money's worth out of it. Don't let new and upcoming product spoil your opinion of what you already have.

New tech will always be coming up. Max out what you have first, then look for new product when you need it.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    That's the nature of most BlackBerry users. Love it! Isn't that a good thing? I know they want to sell devices but it also shows how well they are built.

Via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    anon9347040 likes this.
    10-07-15 11:40 PM
    How long do you keep your phone.

The longest I have kept my phone is two years. My passport is a year old and it's on its last leg.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 08:25 AM
    How long do you keep your phone.

The longest I have kept my phone is two years. My passport is a year old and it's on its last leg.

Posted via CB10
    I can use a phone up to 2+ years. Our passport is only 1 year old. I would think it's on its last leg. Instead it's just at the middle. Arguably the most productive and enjoyable stage.

Posted via CB10
    Got2GetAway likes this.
    10-08-15 08:32 AM
    I am very happy with my Passport SE and BB10 OS. These devices are obsolete in 2-3 years so changing over in that time frame, to an android-based but BB-modified OS, is fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:40 AM
    Use it till you can't use it no more. You spent hard earned coin to get it, get your money's worth out of it. Don't let new and upcoming product spoil your opinion of what you already have.

New tech will always be coming up. Max out what you have first, then look for new product when you need it.

A refreshing piece of good advice rarely seen on CB !!
    10-08-15 11:14 AM
    There's some merit to using the device until it doesn't serve your purposes anymore, but there's a couple of issues there too:
    -The likelyhood of a new BB10 device at this point is slim at best. This means eventually, you will probably be switching platforms anyways (not in the far off future either).
    -Tech hardware depreciates like crazy, if you sell later you won't get nearly as much of your money back.
    -If the device serves your purposes now, the lack of updates on the android runtime will impact many of you.... That coupled with the lack of updates on BB10 dev tools will have an enormous affect on the ecosystem as a whole. The outlook is terrible at best right now.

I could care less if you keep your device, sell it, or whatever you want to do. It just is what it is.
    10-08-15 04:13 PM
    & if the KB drives sales, comes now the knock-offs in every shade, size, & color.
    Last edited by patapoof; 10-08-15 at 04:49 PM.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-08-15 04:36 PM
    If the Priv is marketed, and if it sells, it will generate a renewed interest in the brand, with that will likely drive bb10 sales. With more bb10 sales will come, at the least, more effort to make existing Android apps available through official channels and operate correctly on BlackBerry 10 phones.

I was just in a Tmobile store today and they don't have a single keyboard phone there.

I do think the Priv will be at least moderately successful.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 Sales are no more. You have to make phone so sell them. BlackBerry has stopped making BB10 phones.
    10-08-15 04:43 PM
    It dies

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-08-15 04:44 PM
    They are already bundling all kinds'a accessories with the passports... cleaning out the closets to make room for the dozens of Priv's they are creating to be sure to fill the demand I spoze...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 04:48 PM
    There's some merit to using the device until it doesn't serve your purposes anymore, but there's a couple of issues there too:
    -The likelyhood of a new BB10 device at this point is slim at best. This means eventually, you will probably be switching platforms anyways (not in the far off future either).
    -Tech hardware depreciates like crazy, if you sell later you won't get nearly as much of your money back.
    -If the device serves your purposes now, the lack of updates on the android runtime will impact many of you.... That coupled with the lack of updates on BB10 dev tools will have an enormous affect on the ecosystem as a whole. The outlook is terrible at best right now.

I could care less if you keep your device, sell it, or whatever you want to do. It just is what it is.
    It's indeed a concern if the Android runtime in BlackBerry 10 won't get any further update. I believe there's still hope for a BlackBerry 10 slider. After all, it shouldn't cost BlackBerry much effort to make one, isn't it? I think BlackBerry doesn't do that now so that consumers won't get confused initially only.

Looking at device price, a new BlackBerry passport is a great deal I would say now. Even if you only use it for a year or so and don't resell it, it still carries a lot of value to get it now.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 08:30 PM
    The video notwithstanding, since we don't know if it's real, does anyone know if the PP hardware can run a pure Android designed for it?

Isn't it possible that when the Priv is released that there will be some sort of Android autoloader that will work on a PP? If so, we could just login to Google Play, install our Android apps, and pick up where we left off. There's not a lot of data on the OS 10 BlackBerry apps that I use that I would care about losing. Maybe none. I would miss the Hub, of course, unless BlackBerry figured out a way to adapt it. And I would miss all the other BlackBerry OS 10 advantages, but the writing is on the wall, it seems.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:03 PM
    If Passport and Classic are indeed the last BB10 phones, they might retain significant value in the used market for that reason. There are going to be people who need replacement phones who refuse to give up BB10. They'll be interested.
    10-09-15 07:52 AM
    ^^They are usually called 'collectors'...

But it is true. We cannot force BlackBerry to produce new BB10 devices or even continually support existing BB10 devices if that would mean bankruptcy to them. They don't own us a 'lifetime support'...

BlackBerry is still a business oriented organisation... we shouldn't forget that...

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 08:37 AM
    Did you buy a Passport because it has a PKB? Perhaps you like the wide screen. This was the spin that Chen put out.

If the Passport concept has value then it would still have value with a Android OS.

If PKB phones have any value in the marketplace then BlackBerry should be offering Android versions too.

If they do not have any value then BlackBerry should be updating the Z30.

If you value the PKB your only choice is a BlackBerry. In my view BlackBerry was rather stupid to put all of their eggs in the PKB basket.

If BlackBerry has no plans for new PKB phones beside this slider then Classic fans better buy a spare.

I am wanting BlackBerry to make just one more PKB phone besides the Slider. This phone would run Android and have a 4:3 screen and the PRIV keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 09:21 AM
    Think like the CEO of BlackBerry. Your main objective is to make profit but your current status quo, factually telling you that you are losing market share and bleeding money with BB10 devices. You introduce Android based handset and it becomes successful! In fact, successful than any BB10 devices you ever launched!

What would you do next?

Posted via CB10
    Nothing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-09-15 09:23 AM
    Swimming against the current, I will buy a Passport SE to carry me as far as it can. BB10 works even if BW shuts down. Phone, email, text, BBM, Browser, Blend is all I need. All the additional apps I have loaded on my Z10 Can be replaced by mobile sites.

The catch for BlackBerry is I will now only buy at a huge discount as prices will plunge as BB10 is left to rot

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 09:53 AM

You said what I always think about making a purchase of smartphone.
    Hell, I can fly with my Z30 like there is no f**king tomorrow. Purchased the phone rite after launch and have been rocking it ever since. Will continue to use it until it dies.
    The phone does what I need in a most satisfied way. I have no need for a taste of iOs or Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 11:08 AM
    3yE What is your car ? A Saab ?
    10-09-15 11:22 AM
    BlackBerry innovates but Chen doesn't know how to sell it. Android with touch capable slider is very innovative but without marketing, none of their phones will sell.

love your curVes and all your edges all your peRfEct imPerfections
    10-09-15 11:39 AM
    I think if the Priv sells well they will make a Passport version that runs android

Rock'n the Passport from Shop Blackberry
    10-09-15 11:55 AM
160 12345 ...