Our Passport and other BB10 devices lifespan becomes shorter as BlackBerry release the Priv for two main reasons.

First, the continual development and improvement of BB10 OS will be halted to giveaway Android OS focus to its own development and improvement - as BlackBerry has limited resources. That's probably one reason why the next update for BB10 OS is scheduled on first quarter of 2016. (Don't know how many of us still using BB10 devices that time)

Second, developers' motivation to develop apps in native BB10 OS platform becomes lesser. Knowingly that BlackBerry will be more focused on Android OS, it is only business-wise for developers to concentrate and put their talents and skills to something more promising and profitable. And as we know, the BB10 OS is losing because of "apps' gaps". BlackBerry made it more wider by demotivating developers to fill the gaps.

You see, nobody knows exactly what will happen in the future. But organisation predicting it by identifying risks and therefore can plan of how they will handle the situation when it happens... BlackBerry knew this could happen and the only plan they can (and should) implement when it happened is the one that will give them survival...

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:58 PM
    looks like blackberry its the only one needing help with android.
    https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/wind...-windows-phone
    10-19-15 04:53 PM
    BlackBerry thought android runtime would save them & look what all happened... nobody came to the party & the CEO can't figure out how to use their android desperation Priv while most 5 year olds can do that with aplomb...
    looks like blackberry its the only one needing help with android.
    https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/wind...-windows-phone
    Last edited by patapoof; 10-20-15 at 10:50 PM.
    10-19-15 05:02 PM
    BlackBerry thought android runtime would save them & look what all happened... nobody came to the party & the CEO can't figure out how to us their android desperation Priv while most 5 year olds can do that with aplomb...
    Not really that surprising - IBM tried to pull that off with OS/2 - didn't work back then and sure as heck isn't working now

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-20-15 02:31 PM
    [QUOTE=zipro;12002842]Let's face it: 5 million Privs are unlikely to happen unless they manage to strike deals with a lot of major companies. Most current Android handset makers can only dream of such numbers :-/ this would mean Blackberry will leave the handset business altogether.

Time, again, isn't on Blackberrys side. If they release the Priv with Android 5.1, it will be obsolete before it leaves the factory and nobody will buy it with all the other manufacturers going with 6.0 as soon as they can and the Nexus devices coming out at the same time as the Priv. If they wait until they've adapted 6.0, they'll miss the Christmas sales, which would be equally bad.

So it doesn't really matter which device you buy at this time: support will be very limited in any case. 1-2 years at best. Might as well get a Passport if this is what you really want - I'll be doing that.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
    But Hey
    What about windows mobile? I think microsoft has even a smaller market when talking about mobile os's.
    10-20-15 02:45 PM
    I can't see how adding android to current blackberry's wouldn't be a bonus.
    Provided android is a success, BlackBerry has a lot of old inventory probably sitting on a shelf they could sell without the manufacturing costs

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 07:45 PM
    The last nail to BB10 OS's coffin is when BlackBerry-Android OS security features and assurances levelled up to BB10 OS...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:46 PM
    Provided android is a success, BlackBerry has a lot of old inventory probably sitting on a shelf they could sell without the manufacturing costs

Posted via CB10
    They've already written off a ton of inventory in the past, in a similar situation... You can't continue to keep writing off your inventory and expect to do well though.
    10-21-15 01:38 PM
    BlackBerry thought android runtime would save them & look what all happened... nobody came to the party & the CEO can't figure out how to use their android desperation Priv while most 5 year olds can do that with aplomb...
    well so thats the problem ha?
    Bro in europe there is no Blackberry devices available do you know that ????
    If I dont see something in the market or between my friends or other falks how would i know about its existence ????
    How would I know that BB still is in market if there is no Operator in my country right now and in other one country that have even one blackberry in their windows exposition??? Where is the marketing, the comercials etc?????
    People is not aware of blackberry new devices since even the reviewers does not know the correct info about blackberries and say its not good it is a dead platform without apps etc??????
    12-03-15 10:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Except most of that old hardware, other than the Passport, will run like **** on Android.
    12-03-15 11:41 AM
160 ... 567