I am a Z30 user. Got it at launch, and love it. The Passport has always interested me. But just too expensive.

These days it's finally coming down in price. I was very interested in the silver edition sale on Shop BlackBerry, but didn't pill the trigger. Hope that wasn't a mistake.

Do we foresee the Passport dropping to like 399 in upcoming sales? And do people prefer the original Passport of the Silver? I've not had the pleasure of holding the silver, but on looks alone I prefer.

I'm still happy with my Z30, but the specs are starting to feel a bit dated... especially the camera.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    06-01-16 09:49 PM
    I am a Z30 user. Got it at launch, and love it. The Passport has always interested me. But just too expensive.

These days it's finally coming down in price. I was very interested in the silver edition sale on Shop BlackBerry, but didn't pill the trigger. Hope that wasn't a mistake.

Do we foresee the Passport dropping to like 399 in upcoming sales? And do people prefer the original Passport of the Silver? I've not had the pleasure of holding the silver, but on looks alone I prefer.

I'm still happy with my Z30, but the specs are starting to feel a bit dated... especially the camera.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Be bold! Go Red!

Price really depends where and when you plan on buying it. I don't see 399 anytime soon
    06-01-16 11:48 PM
    The silver demands more. I wouldn't hesitate to pay $250 cdn for the original, I would have to think about it for $300. I would probably pay$400 for the silver edition. I love my original even after a year with it! I have never had any lagging issues and love the screen size! I would probably buy a second one as a back up
    06-02-16 01:16 AM
    Give it a look on the Amazon Warehouse Deals. I got my Passport for 165 euros. The price was so convenient bcs the box was damaged and the volume down key it is a bit hard to push. But the BlackBerry it is in perfect condition, not even a small scratch on the screen. For your info I found it on Amazon Germany.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 02:26 AM
    Also I paid 206 for mine
    for now I will keep it to see how its working
    Keeping my note4 as backup
    06-02-16 03:55 AM
    Be bold! Go Red!

Price really depends where and when you plan on buying it. I don't see 399 anytime soon
    Does the red have the same subtle changes as the silver? It's not actually the colour, but the shape that I prefer (ie rounded corners, etc)

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    06-02-16 11:17 AM
    The Passport was on sale recently at Shopblackberry, original Passport was $375 and Silver Edition was $410, good deals. I believe the sale is over now.
    06-02-16 11:26 AM
    I paid $435 for mine and it's worth every cent. I bought the Silver Edition, but I believe there's two variants of the black version as well, one with sharp corners and one with rounded? Perhaps someone else can help clarify. Either way, get one. You will be so happy you did. The Silver Edition feels like Christmas morning every time I pick it up
    crackavelli likes this.
    06-02-16 11:40 AM
    Best price is free and go with the SE.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 12:41 PM
    I just happen to want a new phone after having a LG for the last couple of years. Got interested in the Passport and went on line the first a May. Came across ShopBlackberry and saw the had Passports on sale. Picked up my SE for $410 US. Great phone at a good price. Got lucky.

Posted via CB10
    crackavelli likes this.
    06-02-16 02:16 PM
    It really just about the looks.

Some feel the SE is more premium looking (does have a stronger frame), other like the original with the square corners, while others prefer the rounded corners of the SE and AT&T versions.

Price... yeah I expect you'll see it drop back down to the $375 & $410 prices again. Might have to wait for a 4th of July sale.
    06-03-16 11:18 AM
    It really just about the looks.
    SE is really different regarding Keyboard and lower shape (rounded corners makes bezel "feel" larger). I found him way more convenient for me (tall guys have big hands) and the keys are really softer than the 2 other Passports (original, Black on Black) I have.

Regarding the price, it mostly depends on the device condition, so I'd suggest you make a bench here first :
    The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Then if you ask me: go for the SE, zero doubt IMHO if you can afford it !
    But if you want to make a great deal, I've seen sub $250 Original Passport in the market place (price drop after OP).
    Bertie Bear likes this.
    06-03-16 11:45 AM
    Thanks guys. I think I'm definitely going to go for the SE. Guess I'll just wait for a same.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    06-04-16 09:37 AM

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Can I ask how the Z30's camera is becoming dated? I mean I don't want to talk too negatively about the Passport (been using & loving an original black for a year and a half now), but as you may know, the Passport's camera is quite slow to focus.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 09:35 AM
    Can I ask how the Z30's camera is becoming dated? I mean I don't want to talk too negatively about the Passport (been using & loving an original black for a year and a half now), but as you may know, the Passport's camera is quite slow to focus.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, that's not a good thing. I meant dated because the camera is 8mp. Passport is 13mp.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    06-05-16 01:04 PM
    Thanks guys. I think I'm definitely going to go for the SE. Guess I'll just wait for a same.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Great choice !
    Shall you go the "brand new" route, here's a 10% off discount code for you on shopblackberry.com : 9dp3xpbog
    (P.S: do not choose a bundle or a special offer if any - PM me if the code isn't valid anymore)
    06-06-16 04:59 AM
    The silver has smoother key presses, better antenna and a more premium look. Overall though any passport is worth the money

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    06-06-16 11:03 AM