What's the point of 4K if it's at 30fps?
    It still looks choppy when taking a video.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    No it won't. Video fps and Video Game fps are two very very different things.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 05:38 AM
    No it won't. Video fps and Video Game fps are two very very different things.

Posted via CB10
    To you it might not. But to me it does.

09-14-15 08:37 AM
    Keep up? I'm afraid they need to catch up first. I was a devoted user but hoping and wishing for BB to get their **** together just got old.
    I think BB10 in general, and the Passport specifically, is very modern and capable. The problem is that their image has suffered significantly in the market. Therefore, they've lost carriers, developers, and consumers. The devices are, however, great right now. Passport's specs and capabilities (app gap aside) are competitive.
    09-14-15 08:51 AM
    Wouldn't recording 4k on a phone kill the battery?

From my Jamaican Passport
    I'm not sure why people are so anti 4K video recording. When BB introduced 720p and then 1080p video recording, I don't recall people complaining about it (not many people, at least). All 4K video recording does is take a series of 8MP photos. Here are a couple of Youtube videos that discuss 4K video recording on smartphones. The first one shows a side by side of the same video shot in 1080p vs. 4K:

It's already here, and it's really not that controversial. In 6-12 months, it'll be the standard for recording on smartphones & tablets.
    09-14-15 08:59 AM
    To you it might not. But to me it does.

So you have trouble watching movies?

The difference is that film/video has frame blur. In a video game, frames are static, so they look choppy rather than natural at low framerates.

If it bothers you, that's fine, or it really sucks, but they aren't the same thing. And you must not be able to watch any netflix, television, blu-rays if what you say is true.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 06:09 PM
    I'm sure some heads will explode here, and others will struggle to wrap their heads around WHY this is happening! But...Sharp is launching the first 8K TV in October of 2015. The cost is a whopping $133,000, but by 2020, it'll be the new standard for TV's. While we're arguing about why BlackBerry shouldn't be supporting 4K video recording...because blur!...others are working on the upcoming standard. Others still are concerned about storage capacity when that tends to double, as does bandwidth, every few years. No one is suggesting that we record full-length movies with our devices. But I'll certainly capture the singing of happy birthday in 4K on my device in the near future. And soon enough, in 8K.

First 8K TV screen to be put on sale by Sharp in October - BBC News
    09-16-15 01:07 PM
31 12