I'm just curious on what ever came about this...
    4K video recording being tested for the BlackBerry Passport | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 10:58 PM
    Hopefully it'll arrive with the slider. Would have been nice to have on the Passport! I had a Galaxy Note Edge that did 4K video, and it looks great on my 4K TV.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 10:10 AM
    What's the point of 4K if it's at 30fps?
    It still looks choppy when taking a video.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    mkelley65 likes this.
    09-12-15 10:27 AM
    We haven't had our Sony 3d tv long enough to go 4k. Even though it's doable I don't see the worth.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    09-12-15 01:39 PM
    What's the point of 4K if it's at 30fps?
    It still looks choppy when taking a video.

The point is crystal clarity on larger 4K TV's. As usual, technology is advancing. Resistance is futile. The videos that I've taken on my Samsung Galaxy Note in 4K are not at all choppy. And I've recorded snipers of my kids soccer games, so there's plenty of motion.

Maybe you don't need or want it, but the opposite is true for others. It would be good if BlackBerry kept up and provided options that other manufacturers do. They need to keep up if the hardware business is to survive.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 01:43 PM
    The point is crystal clarity on larger 4K TV's. As usual, technology is advancing. Resistance is futile. The videos that I've taken on my Samsung Galaxy Note in 4K are not at all choppy. And I've recorded snipers of my kids soccer games, so there's plenty of motion.

Maybe you don't need or want it, but the opposite is true for others. It would be good if BlackBerry kept up and provided options that other manufacturers do. They need to keep up if the hardware business is to survive.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah your right. I can see 30fps and it drives me crazy. But 4k and sharpness I can live without.

09-12-15 05:07 PM
    Wouldn't recording 4k on a phone kill the battery?

From my Jamaican Passport
    09-12-15 05:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Keep up? I'm afraid they need to catch up first. I was a devoted user but hoping and wishing for BB to get their **** together just got old.
    09-12-15 05:42 PM
    Yeah your right. I can see 30fps and it drives me crazy. But 4k and sharpness I can live without.
    Are you unable to enjoy films? They're 24 fps.
    09-12-15 05:42 PM
    4K 30 fps is 375 MB per 60 seconds, so 10 minutes leaves you with 3,7 GB lesser memory. So how silly if you get an iphone 6S16 GB and yelling you can film 4K.

I.m lucky with 128 GB > 20 MB/s write and only have 1080p 60 fps where it only use half of it at least 12 hours of movies to record

I will see people face if everything get in there icloud and they will receive there telephone bill.

O if icloud is to slow iphone users are still on a usb 2 connection 35MBps, so 10 seconds . So spending your time with itunes will tune up

Also for iDiots
    Last edited by whatsever; 09-12-15 at 06:22 PM.
    09-12-15 06:05 PM
    4K 30 fps is 375 MB per 60 seconds, so 10 minutes leaves you with 3,7 GB lesser memory. So how silly if you get an iphone 6S16 GB and yelling you can film 4K.
    That's why I keep laughing at Samsung and apple pushing phones that can record 4k videos, yet their storage is only 16gb with no expandable slots.

Oh, you want more storage? Better put out more money for that.

What's the percentage of people recording 4k videos on their phone anyway? 1%? People go out and buy a proper 4k video cam recorder not phones.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-12-15 06:14 PM
    actually, there is a huge difference when you watch 60 fps vs 30 or even 24 fps
    60 fps, or more, any given day!!
    09-12-15 06:55 PM
    I can see a difference in 60fps vs 24/30fps and honestly I don't like 60fps. It doesn't look right or good at all to me. Now 4K on the other hand I really wish the Passport woulddo.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-12-15 07:00 PM
    That's why I keep laughing at Samsung and apple pushing phones that can record 4k videos, yet their storage is only 16gb with no expandable slots.

Oh, you want more storage? Better put out more money for that.

What's the percentage of people recording 4k videos on their phone anyway? 1%? People go out and buy a proper 4k video cam recorder not phones.
    Given how third parties started making battery cases to augment iPhone batteries, there will probably be memory cases and people shooting 4k video with lens attachments...
    09-12-15 07:08 PM
    Given how third parties started making battery cases to augment iPhone batteries, there will probably be memory cases and people shooting 4k video with lens attachments...
    Third parties already make extendable storage cases for the iPhone.
    iPhone 5/iPhone 5s
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 6 Plus
    cbvinh likes this.
    09-13-15 01:21 PM
    They should let Samsung make the camera on the slider. And they should've let Carl Zeis make a camera for the Passport as well...

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 01:24 PM
    actually, there is a huge difference when you watch 60 fps vs 30 or even 24 fps
    60 fps, or more, any given day!!
    I'd have to agree. With the exception that 24fps and 30 fps are both choppy to me in a video.

I don't get the idea of having high clarity without less chop. Makes no sense. But than again most people can't register movement above 24fps without it getting blurry.

09-13-15 01:31 PM
    Are you unable to enjoy films? They're 24 fps.
    I can watch them. But can see the chop in them.

09-13-15 02:15 PM
    I can see a difference in 60fps vs 24/30fps and honestly I don't like 60fps. It doesn't look right or good at all to me. Now 4K on the other hand I really wish the Passport woulddo.
    60fps should be fluid. Like watching real life.

09-13-15 02:17 PM
    I can watch them. But can see the chop in them.
    Interesting... It's like you have very low/no persistence of vision...
    09-13-15 08:28 PM
    60fps should be fluid. Like watching real life.
    This is probably why some people were taken aback with the recent high-frame rate Hobbit movies. The high-frame rate, 48 fps, was enough to make the movie sets to appear as movie sets, losing their cinematic "feel".
    09-13-15 08:30 PM
    You'll have it on the slider as it's part of the Snapdragon 808 core experience.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/808

Not so much for the 801 though it's still capable.

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/801
    brian4591 and kthhrrsn like this.
    09-13-15 08:35 PM
    I don't get this obsession with 4K. It's nothing new, if you look at the actual resolution, can't remember what "4K" is but using "1920x1080" as an example, people think it's an amazing advancement. But graphics cards in computers were supporting resolutions higher than that like "2***x2***" before dual core processors were a standard and before the "HD TV" became popular.

4K is essentially what screen resolutions would be at if the "HD" idea hadn't got in the way.

A Nvidia GPU from around 15 years ago could run at 19**x1*** on an LG CRT monitor. How is 4K an amazing advancement?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    09-14-15 02:29 AM
    I don't get this obsession with 4K. It's nothing new, if you look at the actual resolution, can't remember what "4K" is but using "1920x1080" as an example, people think it's an amazing advancement. But graphics cards in computers were supporting resolutions higher than that like "2***x2***" before dual core processors were a standard and before the "HD TV" became popular.

4K is essentially what screen resolutions would be at if the "HD" idea hadn't got in the way.

A Nvidia GPU from around 15 years ago could run at 19**x1*** on an LG CRT monitor. How is 4K an amazing advancement?
    It's not necessarily an "amazing advancement" but something that's beginning to become a standard offering on mobile devices, just like more memory, multi-core CPU's, having a GPU, gesture interfaces, etc.
    09-14-15 02:36 AM

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    Because to the typical consumer, having a device with the latest and most up-to-date specs in the market makes him/her the coolest kid in the block.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 02:36 AM
31 12