We all know (and constantly hear about) the Passport's and BB10's limitations, but I'm wondering what you believe the Passport does better than the competition.

In my opinion, the HUB experience on the Passport is the best messaging experience on any mobile device. I have used iOS and Android, as well as the PRIV, the Classic and the Q10. The Passport's screen size matched with the brilliance of BB10's HUB is second to none. I keep track of 3 emails, text messaging, phone calls, voice mails, and even Facebook and Twitter and they're all in one unified but also dedicated inbox. Such a joy and ease to use and I find exactly what I want when I need it with no effort. This is the primary reason I use this device and will continue to until either something surpasses it OR it just stops working.

The Keyboard of course is unlike any keyboard on any other device. Some say it's too big, but I'm 6'1 and I have long fingers and it's like the Passport was made for me. I type effortlessly and make very few errors, vs. the iPhone and Android where I would send out 15 texts a week with a word or phrase I didn't mean to type. Grr! Thank you Passport for this ingenious keyboard! Even the Classic and the PRIV can't compare.

Multitasking it an actual thing on the Passport. I can move between 4-5 different tasks without a hitch thanks to the active frames and the gestures and the keyboard shortcuts. The people who created this phone were using their brains like someone who works hard and tries to be productive. I applaud them!

Then there's little things like the file storage app. How has this not won an award yet? It's brilliant. Smooth and secure with no stupid ads in the way. The music app and photo gallery are just perfect. I use BBM every day with my wife and we use the video chat often, and it at least rivals Apple's Facetime, if not surpasses it. The battery is unrivaled. Part of staying productive is NOT worrying about your battery life. And I can confidently say that I can sail through the day without having to tether my device to a power cable.

Yes, you noticed I didn't boast about gaming or multimedia. The Passport actually does a good job at those things, but you can tell it was never the intent of the creators of the device. So anyone getting a Passport expecting it to match the graphics and ability of other smartphones in this department are just disillusioned. It's a device for work, productivity and getting back to life (that also can game and stream videos and post funny pictures).

But, it's a 3 year old BlackBerry (today's worst description for any smartphone) and yet some of us are buying more to have as backups.

I have more I could say, but I'm curious to hear other opinions...
    04-12-17 03:38 PM
    Agree. I use the passport as a portable personal assistant including e-mail, calendar, maps, news sources of which there are many, twitter, finance, stock tracking and activity, lists, scanning of documents, PDF files, dropbox and pictures to name the most important ones.

For games, movies, reading papers, books etc, I use my iPad.

All the "apps of the day" do not interest me.

Too bad that the OS10 will eventually fade into the sunset.

I too have bought a second Passport for " just in case".

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    04-12-17 04:28 PM
    I agree with all that you said.

I find the battery life particularly important.

I also have the DTEK 50 and I'm learning Android on it, looking ahead to the future. It's nice to have access to all the apps, but I find I hardly ever use any of them! And it makes me appreciate the bb10 file manager and how simple it is to use. And I've learned to appreciate how easy it is to intuitively move around within bb10 while multitasking. I still need more time to get comfortable with Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 05:04 PM
    For me it's the ability to better view and read documents and/or articles because of its square screen..

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 11:58 PM
    The screen and the steady no uncontrolled frills compared to Android does a lot.If it had a full size keyboard plug in.and hard printer output,it should have taken the tablet market.great phone!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 02:00 AM
    I really appreciate the on-screen keyboard when typing things like 23- digit FedEx tracking numbers.
    04-13-17 09:11 AM
    The passport helps me wean myself of app consumerism. You know, I actually love the fact I don't get ten thousand notifications requesting that I update my apps. I love the way the apps work and it puts back choice in my hand. I choose when to go to Facebook to look at messages, I choose when to use Twitter without being reminded etc

I feel more secure when using blackberry 10 than when using android as a phone and I think that's a big deal. I do have androids but they are all relegated to non essential tasks.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 09:21 AM
    Generate awkward looks and questions from people standing around you when you use the device.

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    04-13-17 09:22 AM
    Generate awkward looks and questions from people standing around you when you use the device.

Posted via CB10
    'BlackBerry is still around?? Why don't you just get with the times and get a REAL phone like me and everyone else. Why does my battery suck?'

Posted via Red BlackBerry Passport
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-14-17 07:02 AM
    It screen-lifts better than everything else?
    04-14-17 07:32 AM
    The specs on the Passport are a perfect match for BB10. The extra horsepower and ram hit the sweet spot.
    04-14-17 08:00 AM
    Best phone for work.
    I also use iPad for fun.
    It is a pity that people don't give it a try but just look at you as someone out of date. But this phone and OS is not for everybody.

It is a while since I stopped justifying why I bought may passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 09:59 AM
    The passport helps me wean myself of app consumerism. You know, I actually love the fact I don't get ten thousand notifications requesting that I update my apps. I love the way the apps work and it puts back choice in my hand. I choose when to go to Facebook to look at messages, I choose when to use Twitter without being reminded etc

I feel more secure when using blackberry 10 than when using android as a phone and I think that's a big deal. I do have androids but they are all relegated to non essential tasks.

Posted via CB10
    The amount of emails and messages everyday is already overload, cant imagine with more social notifications I will be throwing phone away.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    04-14-17 05:11 PM
    Speaker quality is superb. Phone is fast.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 07:10 PM
    I personally think that social media should be in the different place and not messing with my mails.
    So I don't think that hub is much useful since many mail clients out there in android world could handle email easily.
    That's why hub on playstore is not bringing some excitement for regular or even business android users.
    To think that everyone will type long-long mail on their phone or doing excel tasks on the phone is ridiculous.
    04-15-17 01:01 AM
    The Passport's screen size matched with the brilliance of BB10's HUB is second to none. I keep track of 3 emails, text messaging, phone calls, voice mails, and even Facebook and Twitter and they're all in one unified but also dedicated inbox. Such a joy and ease to use and I find exactly what I want when I need it with no effort. This is the primary reason I use this device and will continue to until either something surpasses it OR it just stops working.
    Ditto + documents, reading...

AND I do wish to see how the new KEYone compares.
    Because eventually (2 years? ) BlackBerry will abandon Passport. The APPS certainly are doing so now.
    My Banks' apps are current examples.

But like RFS, I will prolly hold out too.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 12:46 PM
    Ditto + documents, reading...

AND I do wish to see how the new KEYone compares.
    Because eventually (2 years? ) BlackBerry will abandon Passport. The APPS certainly are doing so now.
    My Banks' apps are current examples.

But like RFS, I will prolly hold out too.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry has already abandoned the passport. Doesn't mean we, the users, have to abandon it too. As long as there's a passport to buy when I need a phone, I'll for sure be getting it.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 08:07 PM
    i missed amoled screen, i like the black and colors, in z30 there are no bezels, infinity display lol
    nokia 930, z30, galaxy s2, are some examples of great screens with amoled. don't like black seen gray, especially on top and sides with black phones, it can be noticed the difference.
    04-26-17 10:02 PM
    Good points, but there are a few problems; today I wanted to buy my first app, which has been working well in its free mode (BlockIT), but I can't get Blackberry World to accept my paypal credentials; nor can I do it via a computer and their web site. Pretty sad that I want to give them money and they don't want it.
    04-27-17 09:10 PM
    Re: the last post, there is a fix for that problem in BlackBerry World. Search for an app called "Payment Options," which is free. This will allow you to enter PayPal credentials.

Posted via CB10
    nealjane likes this.
    04-27-17 09:23 PM
    Re: the last post, there is a fix for that problem in BlackBerry World. Search for an app called "Payment Options," which is free. This will allow you to enter PayPal credentials.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, had it, tried it again... "Unable to connect to the payment service". I'll try again tomorrow.
    04-27-17 10:25 PM
    I love the keyboard, and even when I buy the KEYone I'm still going to miss it. The keys are a bit hard to press down, but the spacing and layout is perfect once you get used to it.
    The Hub is great, and is able to grab all of my emails right as they arrive without nuking my battery life to oblivion. I don't like they way it handles MMS, but to be fair I don't like the way Android handles it either.
    I'm going to miss the screen at least a little bit. It handles messages and emails, and websites great, which is all I'm asking for.
    I like BB10, but not having any apps is a bit of a bummer. It's kind of like owning a Windows Phone 10 device but without the half broken versions of popular apps. No Uber hurts me a bit.
    Finally, I'll miss the comments I get while using it. This is one phone that will set you apart and get you noticed by pretty much everyone. Comments range from "is that a BlackBerry? Why do you still use that in 2017?" to "what is that? It's looks so weird!". Even my carrier rep had no clue what it was when I needed to get back on it. Call me a hipster all you want, but I like how it makes me stand out.

All in all, I'm going to miss this thing. My roomate wants to buy it off me, but I want to keep it on my bookshelf as another piece of tech that truely was underrated.

Posted via CB10 on my  Passport
    viljar likes this.
    04-27-17 10:31 PM
    Finally came back to BlackBerry after dealing with IOS and android app phones. The passport rocks, the hub is great for me, to keep in touch with my clients. I especially love the keyboard and how much quicker I can type on here rather than my old android phone (which I still Love btw.) I'm still learning new shortcuts the passport has to offer and some by accident which turn out to be super efficient according to daily lifestyle. It was simple to patch google play store and actually run apps directly from androids google play store. The on keyboard mouse is most exceptional and something that I've never seen on any other smartphone device. I would love to go on and on about the BlackBerry Passport but I'll leave some meat on the bone for other reviewers. I do wish the passport got more advertisement and acknowledgment due to specs and many other great features it holds.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 11:14 PM
    I get that at first (it is distinctive and premium looking) , and then I get....wow that's a great phone for web-browsing....mine's not as readable, as they read over my shoulder while I look up something for them.
    04-27-17 11:51 PM
    Good points, but there are a few problems; today I wanted to buy my first app, which has been working well in its free mode (BlockIT), but I can't get Blackberry World to accept my paypal credentials; nor can I do it via a computer and their web site. Pretty sad that I want to give them money and they don't want it.
    I have this same problem, im trying to throw them my money but they don't wan't it.

Tools not toys
    04-28-17 08:04 AM
29 12