02-05-15 09:04 AM
45 12
tools
    Sorry to hear... it's pretty much normal customer service with the providers I'm afraid... wireless and cable customer service is deplorable.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 05:52 PM
    Al, how do you able to get 4gb of data with unlimited talk from Telus? Is there any tip for me to negotiate with Telus? I had went through with them at least 3 contracts and can get them giving me 6 gb of data with unlimited talk for $65. Would someone here show me the way, is this possible? Thanks guy.

Posted via CB10
    The data plan is an additional cost. Right now Telus has a double up bonus promo, so the 4 GB for $45 is really a 2+2 GB plan. They also offer 3+3 for $65, which is what you were offered. If you can't get what you're looking for in a store, and you're an existing customer, you should call their Customer Service and negotiate with the rep to make changes to your account.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    01-03-15 06:38 PM
    Al, how do you able to get 4gb of data with unlimited talk from Telus? Is there any tip for me to negotiate with Telus? I had went through with them at least 3 contracts and can get them giving me 6 gb of data with unlimited talk for $65. Would someone here show me the way, is this possible? Thanks guy.

Posted via CB10
    Telus will not allow anyone with the old 6GB plan to renew on a 2 year contract anymore. You will have to take a new plan if you want a subsidized phone on a 2 year term.
    01-03-15 06:44 PM
    My data isn't a separate cost. My price was including the 5 gbs of data and 10% monthly discount totaling $84

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 06:44 PM
    My data isn't a separate cost. My price was including the 5 gbs of data and 10% monthly discount totaling $84

Posted via CB10
    And I'm paying a total of $85, but for 4 GB of data. Once you get into higher end plans, the price differences become minimal, and it all comes down to service. I hope Koodo serves you well.

01-04-15 02:10 AM
    Glad it's all worked out well... but I can't help thinking that you are going to get a package in the post from Bell in the very near future!!!

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1 waiting for 10.3.x
    01-04-15 02:28 AM
    This would be funny.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 02:43 AM
    and if that happens i will call them, cancel and return their package as this craziness was their fault to begin with
    01-04-15 03:18 AM
    You are within the timeline to cancel all together. Bell customer service is the worse of all three companies!

I'd go to Rogers and get it in store with new activation! Remember thier are always in-store dealer incentives for new customers activating new service!

Posted via CB10
    Can't do it in store. They are great to deal with on phone however.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers BlackBerry Passport
    01-04-15 03:23 AM
    I believe if enough people do as this smart lady has done the big 3 will completely change their attitude towards the customer. Just knowing most lines are month to month will strengthen or position and release us from the chains of a contract. Seems most people don't want to pay outright price, well you are anyway its just that the provider is financing it for you and in return you sign a contract. Doesn't it seem smarter to secure some sort of 0% financing for that expensive phone, then keep the provider on it's toes knowing that you can port out for free on a certain day of every month you are with them? I believe they have gotten complacent by holding all those contracts for so long.
    Soul_Est likes this.
    01-04-15 08:49 AM
    At least with going to a company with the phone already in hand, I an't be tied to a contract. Maybe I will go with Koodo? Does anyone have any experience with monthly on Koodo?
    Have you considered BestBuy/Telus? I walked into a BestBuy a few days after the launch and got my Passport. I have been a happy camper ever since.
    01-04-15 05:34 PM
    I pay 65 with rogers for unlimited everything except data and for that price I have 5 gigs. You just have to be smart and negotiate with 8 to 12 months remaining in your contract!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:06 PM
    I pay 65 with rogers for unlimited everything except data and for that price I have 5 gigs. You just have to be smart and negotiate with 8 to 12 months remaining in your contract!

Posted via CB10
    Wow! That's amazing considering today's RIDICULOUS Canadian standards!

I pay 40 for 400mb from Fido. I got my plan in December 2013. Go take a look at what Fido offers for 40 now.

Posted from CB10 on my awesome Q5
    01-04-15 09:02 PM
    Love some input on my situation.

I have a z10 with Rogers which I received on Feb 5, 2013 - Day 1 in Canada for Z10. I did get it on a 3 year contract :-( I phoned Rogers yesterday to find out what I need to do to upgrade to the Passport.

$136 left to pay on my "Flex Tab Balance" plus $249 for the phone on a 2 year contract.

UGH. I have been with Rogers with a cell phone for 10+ years and generally pay upwards of $140/month. I also have my internet, cable and fax line with them at home - also been with them for over 10+ years (except for the 4 months I went to Bell Fibe last year -- BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY COMMUNICATIONS LIFE) .

I ended up negotiating a slightly better deal of $50 for Flex Tab Balance and $249 for phone. I told them that the most I would pay would be around $200 all in. Since they were not receptive to that idea and did not offer anything else, I thanked them and ended the call.

Any ideas of how to move forward? I really want to get a Passport soon and feel that sadly,my Z10 may be starting to show some signs of age..

Thanks!
    02-04-15 10:32 AM
    Kudo is TELUS. Virgin is Bell.

Can't escape. I'd say go to TELUS directly, explain your situation, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you out.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:05 PM
    I'm so happy with SaskTel. They're only here though.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:06 PM
    Love some input on my situation.

I have a z10 with Rogers which I received on Feb 5, 2013 - Day 1 in Canada for Z10. I did get it on a 3 year contract :-( I phoned Rogers yesterday to find out what I need to do to upgrade to the Passport.

$136 left to pay on my "Flex Tab Balance" plus $249 for the phone on a 2 year contract.

UGH. I have been with Rogers with a cell phone for 10+ years and generally pay upwards of $140/month. I also have my internet, cable and fax line with them at home - also been with them for over 10+ years (except for the 4 months I went to Bell Fibe last year -- BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY COMMUNICATIONS LIFE) .

I ended up negotiating a slightly better deal of $50 for Flex Tab Balance and $249 for phone. I told them that the most I would pay would be around $200 all in. Since they were not receptive to that idea and did not offer anything else, I thanked them and ended the call.

Any ideas of how to move forward? I really want to get a Passport soon and feel that sadly,my Z10 may be starting to show some signs of age..

Thanks!
    Back in 2011 I got fed up with Rogers and decided to pay the contract balance ($120) and switch to Telus. I went to a Telus store, told the sales guy my sob story, and he ended up giving me a ton of freebies along with a contract on a new Torch 9800. I haven't looked back since.

My tv and Internet are still with Rogers, and last summer I decided I no longer wanted to pay $55/month for a very slow 60 GB. So I called to cancel the service, so I could switch to Tek Savvy, an this time I was sent to the Customer Retention dept. They upgraded my modem, and gave me 120 GB/month for $37.50. I also got a cheaper tv plan, and my total monthly bill was cut in half.

So you should try this - ask to cancel services, and see what happens. I bet Customer Retention will be able to pull some strings for you.

02-05-15 12:02 AM
    It took me 45 mins to change my address with them over the phone...should have chosen to speak in French. Needless to say, I happily use another provider for my Internet now.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-05-15 08:47 AM
    At least with going to a company with the phone already in hand, I an't be tied to a contract. Maybe I will go with Koodo? Does anyone have any experience with monthly on Koodo?
    Get the Koodo. It is the best. Go for lower plan and change it on the fly when deal comes.

Or public mobile they all use telus network but their online portal is closed now.

Wind and mobilicity are not good when it comes to call quality, IMHO.

]|I{------ ѕєηт яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. ------}I|[
    02-05-15 08:55 AM
    Another shout out for Telus. I'm just a little east of Hamilton area but I do business with a number of clients in the Golden Horseshoe and Telus has never let me down service wise.

I've even had them call me out of the blue and finding me savings on the monthly bill. The local carrier I deal with is amazing and their staff have been there for years so they know me as a customer which makes a huge difference.

Telus +1000

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Gadgetgirl38 likes this.
    02-05-15 09:04 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD