09-03-14 05:56 PM
35 12
tools
    Really hope BlackBerry adopts the trend from Apple and Google.
    Subsidized by the carriers and available full price on their website right from day 1.

Posted via CB10
    Don't think there will be any or many carriers which will carry a BlackBerry anymore. Only 1 carrier left in my country carries BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 11:17 AM
    I would be surprised if it sells for less than $699.99 USD or $789.99 CAD. This product has completely new innovation and technology in it. While still way cheaper than the Porche designs, people will feel like they are getting a Porche design at way less cost. $700 will seem like a bargain. I expect many businesses (at least in Canada) will purchase them on contract which will be comparable to iPhones on contract so businesses shouldn't be too worried about the price. What's critical in all of this is BlackBerry must make businesses feel like they had no idea how terrible they had it when they jumped over to iPhones once they see what the Passport can do for them, what every smartphone should do for them. The best way for the launch to succeed is by telling/reminding customers how much productivity they will gain, money they will save, and how they cannot live without this product!! That's called marketing and I don't care who your target audience is, the consumer/prosumer MUST feel this way or you can forget it. With a product as unique as this, BlackBerry should be able to accomplish this. Perhaps they go hire that awesome AD agency that got dumped by Apple to make some good ads. Who knows, if you mention it will shame Prince Humperdink they might just give them a big discount ??
    09-02-14 03:36 PM
    Hope it's around $599.99, but I'm expecting $649.99

Posted via CB10
    I can see this happening as well.

A better question is, how long do we think it will be before there is a price drop that makes this hurt the pockets a little less lol

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:40 PM
    I will be surprised to see it sell at USD 600. Why would anyone want to buy a BlackBerry for USD 600 when the company is already bankrupt and I can easily buy an iPhone 6 for USD 600 or a Xiaomi for the same specs for USD 250?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 11:56 AM
    I will be surprised to see it sell at USD 600. Why would anyone want to buy a BlackBerry for USD 600 when the company is already bankrupt and I can easily buy an iPhone 6 for USD 600 or a Xiaomi for the same specs for USD 250?

Posted via CB10
    Bankrupt? Hardly.
    Analysis: BlackBerry dramatically improves financial performance in Q1 | CrackBerry.com
    09-03-14 12:10 PM
    I can't see this being any less than $650.00 Canadian out right no contract this was the starting price of the Z30 when it first came out here, I won't be surprised if it's closer to $700.00. Or $750.00 though . My wish is in the $500.00 range out right. I know I know wish full thinking.

My cool running Z30 on 10.3.0.1052
    09-03-14 12:28 PM
    I hope for a $350 price tag, and it being available everywhere as a cheap option so people adopt it more. But it will probably be around $500 and since only BlackBerry freaks love BlackBerry then the rest of the people won't trust something they don't know at such high price. So it won't really sell much, we'll be hearing the usual BlackBerry devices aren't selling in US markets and the paid under the table guys saying BlackBerry new phone sucks
    09-03-14 01:03 PM
    I hope for a $350 price tag, and it being available everywhere as a cheap option so people adopt it more. But it will probably be around $500 and since only BlackBerry freaks love BlackBerry then the rest of the people won't trust something they don't know at such high price. So it won't really sell much, we'll be hearing the usual BlackBerry devices aren't selling in US markets and the paid under the table guys saying BlackBerry new phone sucks
    350 ? Don't degrade blackberry

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 02:04 PM
    I would like to know what the people hoping to see the Passport at $250 and $350 outright are on, because that's got to be some good stuff man; seriously.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-03-14 03:51 PM
    As with any manufactured goods the consumer will buy direct from a reputable manufacturer, shockingly even if it is for the msrp which quite often is a way higher than retail ! So to retain those resellers/dealers, BB has to sell higher than retail {ie +$100?}
    imho

p.s. we don't pay msrp or higher !
    09-03-14 05:56 PM
35 12