Hi all,
    My new Passport will arrive today. I have created a backup through link. I have heard that there are certain things that I should NOT restore from the backup in order to have the least likelyhood of problems but at the same time I would like to restore as much data, contacts, etc. as possible. How should I go about setting up the restore and any other tips to allow for the smoothest transition?

Thanks! -GT
    12-01-14 12:04 PM
    I would use an app from BBW called Back up pro and back up to s/d card , then when you sign into the new device down load the app again and restore, but its best to set up as much stuff as new as you can.
    12-01-14 12:24 PM
    Do a new installation, from scratch. Just my suggestion.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    12-01-14 01:13 PM
    I've used Link in the past with no issues, including new devices over the years and "destructive" upgrades. I've had no issues with Link in those cases. But I want to be extra careful with this device. I've heard that one should not install the "runtime" file and/ or the "apps" file but DO restore the settings files. Does this sound correct?
    Pixstar, I know the ultimate method would be to do everything from scratch, but a little help through Link would be nice. I like as much to remain as possible.
    Thanks!
    12-01-14 01:33 PM
    Use device switch on link and be done with it.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 01:36 PM
    I've used Link in the past with no issues, including new devices over the years and "destructive" upgrades. I've had no issues with Link in those cases. But I want to be extra careful with this device. I've heard that one should not install the "runtime" file and/ or the "apps" file but DO restore the settings files. Does this sound correct?
    Pixstar, I know the ultimate method would be to do everything from scratch, but a little help through Link would be nice. I like as much to remain as possible.
    Thanks!
    Yeah I see your point. When I did mine I just felt that starting with a clean PP only setup would be safer. I've had it 5 weeks and no issues.(touch wood). Besides, doing the whole install thing from scratch will make you spend more time with her (-; Either way, enjoy it, it's an awesome piece of technology!

12-01-14 01:39 PM
    BTW, an excellent app to backup and then later restore your contacts to your PP is IntouchApp. Excellent app that!

12-01-14 01:43 PM
    Thanks Pixsar,
    Just started it up. The guy next door to me at T-Mobile modded the SIM card for me.
    12-01-14 02:06 PM
    i didnt restore nothing from my Z3 but i would have loved to move my SMS across other than that, i think i prefer a clean install

all my contacts are attached to my email address so no worries at that end
    12-01-14 02:14 PM