I bought the black because to me a BlackBerry has to be black, I just love black phones. Black phones FTW.

Sepcs wise and OS wise, is there any difference? is the only difference between them the color?
    09-03-15 11:36 PM
    SE has steel frame, smoother keyboard, superior aerial, and is a bit heavier.

Seems faster but that could be imagination.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:10 AM
    $50.00 usd

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:12 AM
    well the bottom lip of the SE is larger so it feels easier to hold whilst typing... there is no curved glass screen, and it also weighs a little bit more... mainly aesthetics!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 12:44 AM
    Right, then I'm glad I didn't wait for the SE Passport, I think it looks like absolute rubbish! Was just worried it was higher specced or something but if it's about the looks, it doesn't stand a chance in front of the luxurious black edition!
    09-04-15 12:46 AM
    Identically internally. Mainly cosmetic details.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    09-04-15 07:56 AM
    Other than the aesthetics, about which reasonable people may differ, the main differences are probably durability, the aerial and the keyboard. The steel frame of the SE will protect the innards better. It's hard to judge the aerial difference without putting the two side by side. The SE keyboard is more responsive and, I find, easier to use. That said, I've seen some posts where people have preferred the OG keyboard b/c it requires a firmer touch.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 09:50 AM
    video review physical differences;

print review differences, 08-21st blaize
    BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition review! | CrackBerry.com
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    09-09-15 04:50 PM
    The keyboard is much softer and that makes it much easier to type long emails with. Also the bottom has rounded corners so it's more comfortable to hold.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 07:42 PM
    I thought I read something about reception being improved on the SE, am I wrong about that?

Posted with my BlackBerry Passport SE.
    09-11-15 09:33 PM
    I thought I read something about reception being improved on the SE, am I wrong about that?

The antenna was moved to give better signal and from the comments people have been giving on other posts they are saying it's true. I can't really say as I have only owned the silver edition but I have no problems with reception anywhere both mobile and wifi

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 10:27 PM

I read that the antenna was relocated for better reception. However, someone had both versions and noticed no difference. By the way, the OG version also has a stainless steel outer frame. Durability on my whiteberry has been great. I have dropped it numerous times without a case.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 10:28 PM
    What is the difference between the BlackBerry Passport Black vs Silver?-passport-comparisons.jpgWhat is the difference between the BlackBerry Passport Black vs Silver?-passport-rear.jpg

I upgraded to the silver edition after having used the classic black version since launch. Though it's only been a few weeks, so far I much prefer the SE for its keyboard and ergonomic changes and have no regrets about spending on the upgrade. It's much more comfortable to type on and feels (and looks) very premium.

As with most newly released devices the main short term problem is replacing cases and accessories, which is especially annoying if the reason for repurchasing accessories is due to little proprietary changes. For example, I sold the my original sync pod with the black original version and picked up the SE version of the sync dock; upon inspection the only difference I could find was a small plastic clip on spacer - so I'm a tad disappointed BB made me buy a whole new dock rather than include a cheap spacer in the box. As for cases, there isn't one included (like they were for so many other blackberry models), and third party versions are almost non-existent for the time being (some AT&T version cases fit but not perfectly).

Other than these very minor issues I have no complaints and am very happy.
    Last edited by Rob Melanson; 09-13-15 at 12:04 PM.
    muciumbe and poloandpearls like this.
    09-13-15 11:34 AM