I know that things like USB flash drives should work, but I am wondering what other things you can do on a blackberry device that has USB on the go support.

I am interested in things like using an ethernet adapter or serial adapter, though a USB sound input would be cool as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:07 PM
    I thought you could do that, but I am wondering about devices that require drivers.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:43 PM
    I thought you could do that, but I am wondering about devices that require drivers.

Posted via CB10
    You can use standard human interface peripherals such as a mouse, keyboard, probably even gamepads (but the games need to support it).

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:50 PM
    But no printers, if that's what you're wondering. Printer drivers are a whole other beast.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:50 PM
    But no printers, if that's what you're wondering. Printer drivers are a whole other beast.

Posted via CB10
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but is there a way to properly get printers to work from the Passport/BB10 phones?

Sofar the only way I can print is via emailing my HP printer, but I'd much prefer to be able to properly print and then I could duplex print and stuff...
    I've had the Z10 since launch week but I've no such luck finding a way to print without buying some app and paying when I really shouldn't have to..

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-11-14 10:25 PM
    Does it support connection to a USB DAC for listening to music?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:31 PM
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but is there a way to properly get printers to work from the Passport/BB10 phones?

Sofar the only way I can print is via emailing my HP printer, but I'd much prefer to be able to properly print and then I could duplex print and stuff...
    I've had the Z10 since launch week but I've no such luck finding a way to print without buying some app and paying when I really shouldn't have to..

I know you don't want to have to buy, but PrintHand is a must have app if you want to print to a wifi printer.

It gives you the options you want and works quite well, including through the share menu.

It's worth the few bucks you'll pay for it. I'm sure your time and effort emailing stuff is worth more than the $5 or so it costs if you print often.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:35 PM

Tried everything already to print via wifi but the only thing that worked for me was printhand. It's not free though, costs around $5. But other than the price, it works perfectly and gives you a lot of options for printing like paper size, draft, etc. I also use HP eprint.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    10-11-14 10:52 PM
    Does it support connection to a USB DAC for listening to music?

Posted via CB10
    As of the moment... NO. I'm not sure if this is a hardware or could be implemented by software but as of the moment it does not support USB DAC. The only option would be line out to DAC.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    10-11-14 10:55 PM

Get the hammermill print app from the amazon app store or snap.....its free and works great! It gets the drivers for your printer automatically and you can print directly to any wifi printer.
    Newfdogg likes this.
    10-11-14 11:03 PM
    If you want to output digital audio, just use the micro HDMI. That is digital audio and you would just need the proper connection or adapter on the other end.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 08:57 AM
    Tried everything already to print via wifi but the only thing that worked for me was printhand. It's not free though, costs around $5. But other than the price, it works perfectly and gives you a lot of options for printing like paper size, draft, etc. I also use HP eprint.
    I know you don't want to have to buy, but PrintHand is a must have app if you want to print to a wifi printer.

It gives you the options you want and works quite well, including through the share menu.

It's worth the few bucks you'll pay for it. I'm sure your time and effort emailing stuff is worth more than the $5 or so it costs if you print often.
    Get the hammermill print app from the amazon app store or snap.....its free and works great! It gets the drivers for your printer automatically and you can print directly to any wifi printer.
    I'll give the Print Hammermill app a shot and if not I suppose that I'll give PrintHand the money...

10-12-14 09:20 AM