63 123
    Thanks for the update.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/
    MasterJediDan likes this.
    01-30-15 08:33 AM
    Great Update!!
    01-30-15 10:50 AM
    Success story! Glad you're happy and everything works well for you. Keep on enjoying!

Posted via Passport  The Beast!
    01-30-15 11:02 AM
    Once you experience the hub, you can't live without it. Lol.
    01-30-15 12:22 PM
    I came from the plus and the Passport blow it away. I use an iPad Air 2 with my Passport and it's the best combo ever because Blend works great.

Posted via CB10
    IamSuperMas and MasterJediDan like this.
    01-30-15 01:39 PM
    This topic is interesting, I'm a Mac user and I'm thinking of pull the trigger for the Passport.
    This should be pinned in the forum
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    01-31-15 08:00 PM
    Expect a better overall experience, just less apps.

I'm not a huge fan of many apps though, so it is really easy for me to use BlackBerry.

Any games or apps I feel I 'need' - are all available to me either through BlackBerry World, Amazon, or manually downloading .apk files on the fly.

If you're looking for the best overall communications / social media experience - then BlackBerry is the obvious choice with the Hub.

BlackBerry 10 is a no BS OS. Simple and intuitive. Even on the differently designed Passport (BlackBerry's best device to date in my opinion).

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:10 PM
    Depending on how dependent or a "fan boy" (excuse my terminology) you are; slight adjustment period but nothing too major.

I have (and use) an iMac, MacBook Pro Retina, a Windows desktop... I use and iPhone 6 and BlackBerry Q10 (anxiously waiting for Digital River to deliver my Passport); I'd say order from Amazon if you can firstly, I had a Shop BlackBerry coupon code and went with that.

BlackBerry's seem a little "Awkward" syncing with Macs, some have figured out ways around (Bootcamp, VMware, Parallels etc) but it just runs a bit smoother on Windows (for me at least) but it will "work" fine with Macs. As far as use... Keyboard/Typing is better on a BlackBerry, I'll have more to say about the Passport specifically in a few days or so.
    01-31-15 08:23 PM
    I've been using iPhone since 2007. I use it with my iMac and iCloud. I'm seriously considering dumping it and getting a BB Passport. Have other iPhone/Mac/iCloud users dumped their iPhone and gotten a BB Passport? BB Blend looks cool and appears to run on a Mac. I hate typing on iPhones. It never works right for me. I'm wondering what the grass will be like on the other side if I dump iPhone and jump to BB Passport. But I need to stay with my Mac, which I love. I'm interested in other people's experiences. Thanks.
    Mac user here. Don't need Ipad or Iphones. The passport is perfect! And works great with my MBP!

We know you want it! Do it! You will do it Thank us later !
    01-31-15 09:17 PM
    This topic is interesting, I'm a Mac user and I'm thinking of pull the trigger for the Passport.
    This should be pinned in the forum
    I'm also a Mac user and have no problem with it! Use the pushbullet service and Blend to move files and answering mails between your devices. That's what I did. I use dropbox for personal data, and OneDrive for work, instead of iCloud. iMessage is something that would be missed from the phone, but it can be replaced by SMSs, or Whatsapp, and even better, BBM!

I found myself using the Passport for every kind of communication, and use the iPad and MacBook for everything else. Good luck for those making the switch!
    02-01-15 03:24 AM
    I have configured my Passport to sync to my iCloud contacts, email, and calendar.
    Did you have to do anything special for calendar and contacts with iCloud? I couldn't get it working on my Q10 calendars would not sync properly and my Q10 decided to group all of my "reminder" lists with my calendars in the calendar apps. Also contact fields didn't map properly.

Also do grouped contacts and contact images come through if you have images assigned to you contacts in iCloud?
    Last edited by blee4; 02-01-15 at 10:17 PM.
    02-01-15 09:48 PM
    I had to experiment with setting up my iCloud calendar and contacts a bit on my PassPort. More than 10 years ago, I got a .mac account from Apple. Over the years, Apple has changed its cloud service from mac.com to me.com to icloud.com. All three of those Apple email accounts still work today, but I had to tinker on my BlackBerry and iMac to find the best account to use in my Passport's settings for syncing purposes.
    Contact images behave a little strangely on my Passport. My Passport is synced to Facebook, Twitter, iCloud, Exchange, and LinkedIn. I haven't figured this out yet, but contact images that I assign to some people don't always seem to stay assigned. Some of the contact images change. But when they change, they still show the correct person. Maybe it has something to do with people changing their profile images in social media or my workplace's Exchange system syncing frequently to my Passport and defaulting back to the original contact images stored in its database. I don't mind the images changing, though. The images show the right person, and that's what matters.
    02-15-15 07:14 AM
    Welcome to the bandwagon.. I hopped in too after using iPhone 3, 3g 4, 4g. Didn't like the abnormal iphonel 5 size. Thus shifted to android and was all right. For fun started using Q10 and loved it. Sadly my device got stolen and I got a z30. My father loved it and he got it. Then I had z3 for a while and then my tryst with passport started.
    Love everything about it. I got an iPhone 6 plus just for sake of iPhone / ipad. It is lying around only for purpose of facetime or reading on ibooks.
    But I love passport as my primary driver. Hub is indispensable, keyboard is phenomenal, touch and type works seamless and screen is gorgeous.

I don't like too many options like apple where every task has gazillion apps- so confusing. I need one app which works well. And If its not on blackberry world I just need to look into snap or amazon store.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 10:30 AM
63 123