I really appreciate everyone's feedback and suggestions. After 7 years on an iPhone, yesterday I made the switch to BB Passport. I couldn't wait for my Passport to get here, and it has not disappointed me. The BB Passport is an amazing device that has been fun to set up and learn. I use Windows and Mac for work and home, and have been able to set up my Passport to work with both. The BB Hub is fantastic. CrackBerry.com forums have really helped me get up and running, as did AT&T. Thanks again to everyone. Cheers!
    tg1 likes this.
    10-22-14 09:04 PM
    Thank you to everyone who responded to my post. I took the plunge and abandoned iPhone which I have been using for years. My BB Passport arrived yesterday, and I have not been disappointed. BB 10 is awesome. The Passport is interesting to me. Predictive text works great. The Hub is fantastic. I was able to get my workplace Microsoft Exchange Email account set up and syncing, as well as my Mac personal email account syncing too. I am really enjoying this amazing device. My secret ambition is to become a BB Passport expert. These forums were very helpful to me in making the transition. Thanks again!
    tg1 likes this.
    10-22-14 09:20 PM
    I've been using iPhone since 2007. I use it with my iMac and iCloud. I'm seriously considering dumping it and getting a BB Passport. Have other iPhone/Mac/iCloud users dumped their iPhone and gotten a BB Passport? BB Blend looks cool and appears to run on a Mac. I hate typing on iPhones. It never works right for me. I'm wondering what the grass will be like on the other side if I dump iPhone and jump to BB Passport. But I need to stay with my Mac, which I love. I'm interested in other people's experiences. Thanks.
    It depends on how deeply integrated you are in the Apple ecosystem and what your personality is. I bought a Q10 after a 5s, I love the keyboard but miss the integration with my mac.

For example photos just appear in iPhoto or on your Apple TV. Your can send and receive iMessage on your mac and iOS device all messages are sync'd (BBM only works on 1 device, same as What's App).

Documents again sync'd you never have to manually move or copy files, no dealing with "versions" of a file on any device it's all the same every where.

Also my biggest peeve with BlackBerry hub it does not "push" state change of emails (read, delete, drafts) it syncs on a timed interval.

Also with Yosemite you can send/receive sms from your desktop as well as take and make calls from your desktop with your cellular plan. "Hand off" is amazing seamlessly switching between ios and os x (last email, web page, imessage/sms). Mail drop let's you send large attachments without worrying about filling up the other persons inbox (you get a download link if they're not on iCloud or it goes to their iCloud drive if they are).

Posted via my Q10
    eldrover and CubeDweller like this.
    10-22-14 09:52 PM
    You can expect a square screen with a keyboard, but a lot less apps.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-22-14 10:35 PM
    I had a Z30 before and I was going to buy a Passport then stupidity came over me and bought an iPhone 6. I really miss all the functions of my Z30. The only reason I bought iPhone because of sync between my Mac calendar, contacts, tasks(reminders) and notes. Can anyone tell me if your iCloud account fully snyc with your Passport? I know calendar and contacts have no problem but can Passport sync with reminders with MAC reminders with BB remember and MAC notes with BB memo? If yes then tomorrow I will dump by iPhone 6 and get Passport.

If anyone have MAC Book Pro with Retina and Passport, could you please verify for me if your Passport completely sync with iCloud reminders and notes as well.

Thanks,

Salman
    01-03-15 07:38 AM
    Freed from that darned home button

Posted via CB10
    Put that home button aside and start a fire.

Passport/CB10 on WIND
    01-03-15 08:11 AM
    Less hair being ripped out from all of the backspacing with touch typing errors!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 02-02-15 at 11:09 AM.
    Vintage123 and Andy_bb_king like this.
    01-03-15 10:14 AM
    I'm also a iphone and mac user since 2008. I still owned a iphone 6 plus and using passport for office usage. It take a while to get use to the keyboard but soon u will be fluent with the passport keypad.

After trying Samsung note, HTC, Nokia and even xiaomi, none can be better than passport. I'm sure you won't regret getting BlackBerry passport. It's also more prominent than the standard smartphone shape like Samsung and iphone. It feel shiok having people staring at your passport..lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:41 AM
    Well I don't think icloud storage will work but dropbox, box, and onedrive all do. You should be able to setup your account but I never added mine.

I have a macbook but honestly don't use it all that much anymore. I just think os x has been going downhill since around leopard and my PC is more powerful but blend should work well with it. The one issue you might run into is that if you're the type to want to try out leaked software versions then you need a windows install to use the autoloader for loading.

Posted via CB10
    I feel the same way! Snow Leopard was great but my Mac is so slow now, nothing has really improved.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:26 AM
    I've done the switch too. I still love my iPhone 6, but really needed something to be more productive on. I am delighted with the Passport. My only gripe is about losing FaceTime, as most of my friends and family use it.
    01-03-15 11:28 AM
    So I dumped my iphone 6 plus for the passport. I've had prett:y much every iphone and constantly switch between BlackBerry iOS and android.

I purchased an ipod touch to fill my iOS needs. I now find find myself using the passport for everything from browsing to messaging. I use my ipod touch as my music player and for one specific app which won't perform without Google play services.

I also have a mac book pro which I would never ditch. I find myself using blackberry blend and not inessage with my mac. Blend blows it outta the water as blend does much more than just texting/imessage. It's a shame blackberry blend isn't being marketed aggressively

Good luck of your decision.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-03-15 11:33 AM
    You can expect a square screen with a keyboard, but a lot less apps.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    A lot less apps? No, about the same. Install snap and you have about the same amount of apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:26 PM
    One thing I never liked about ios was app switching and handling notifications. Double pressing home button is awful. I had webos (pre 3) before my iPhone and that was unbelievable, and thankfully BB10 adopted many of their features like gestures and active frames (BlackBerry almost bought WebOS, shame it fell through)

App switching is so much more fluid with BB10 using gestures compared to ios. And the hub, well that's just a priceless feature. The ability to run android apps further helps to transition in to BB10 from other platforms.

Below is my setup:

Contacts and Calendar: BB10 syncs well with iCloud, which are synced with my mac/ipad. Calendar entries from the passport will show in fantastical on my ipad or mac.

Notes: shame BB10 doesn't sync the notes app from ios. But I use an app called simplenote (android) which syncs fast with the ipad and mac. The version runs great on the Passport

Tasks: haven't figured this one out yet. I used omnifocus or things app in ios/mac and they were amazing apps. Unfortunately none of them have android versions. It would be awesome if I could find an app which shows my data from the native remember app on my ios devices. One option I'm considering is Todoist (android) which has ios and mac apps.

Password manager: using 1Password android app on the Passport, which syncs well with the rest.

Research database: I use Evernote as it's integrated well with BB10. Evernote is available on any platform.

Personal Finance: I use Moneywiz android app to sync with my other devices. The app functions decently well on the passport.

Journal: I use DayOne on ios and mac devices. It's an amazing app. Unfortunately there is no android version. I manage to find an android app which exports to DayOne and the UI is similar to DayOne too. The app functions well on the passport.

News: I use feedly services for news. BB10 has only one app called Gnewsreader which syncs with this service. The app is not visually stunning but can't fault its functionality. I now use an app called Press (android) which is really nice, comparable to reader app on ios.
    For read later services, I use pocket app (android).

Hope this guide helps anyone who are on the fence about passport. This phone is a true gem if you give it time to learn it. Yes, iPhone 6 is an outstanding phone and apple ecosystem is unmatched, but if you are looking for something exciting (and productive!), the passport is the one...

Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    Whats the name of the dayone app?
    Tried daily on bb but its way behind day one look/feel.
    Looking forward to use similar on my passport
    eldrover likes this.
    01-03-15 03:23 PM
    So I dumped my iphone 6 plus for the passport. I've had prett:y much every iphone and constantly switch between BlackBerry iOS and android.

I purchased an ipod touch to fill my iOS needs. I now find find myself using the passport for everything from browsing to messaging. I use my ipod touch as my music player and for one specific app which won't perform without Google play services.

I also have a mac book pro which I would never ditch. I find myself using blackberry blend and not inessage with my mac. Blend blows it outta the water as blend does much more than just texting/imessage. It's a shame blackberry blend isn't being marketed aggressively

Good luck of your decision.

Posted via CB10
    What? Wait a minute... you can have Google Play services on iOS? This doesn't make me angry, just very curious as to why this hasn't come to BB10 yet and what the likelihood of that happening is. It would make everything that much more seamless.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-03-15 03:38 PM
    with BB you still can use iTunes, icloud and also your iMac or iPad and with 10.3.1 also with Blend and BBM. How great is that and BlackBerry OS is great in use with clever stuff and I love the HUB and Active Frames.
    01-03-15 04:16 PM
    What? Wait a minute... you can have Google Play services on iOS? This doesn't make me angry, just very curious as to why this hasn't come to BB10 yet and what the likelihood of that happening is. It would make everything that much more seamless.

The app I'm referring to is called pact. It works on my ipod touch but does not work on my passport as it needs Google play services. You're prolly being a smart @$$ but I'll clarify for others who might get confused

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 04:51 PM

Googles own in house apps get ported to iOS so in a sense yes. The apps they don't write themselves are ported to iOS by the app developers.

Most apps come to iOS first, iOS is the only other mobile platform Google supports.

Posted via my Q10
    01-17-15 01:18 PM
    Here phonedog has a nice review how it was to use BlackBerry passport after the iPhone 6+.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ou-buy-989729/

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-17-15 01:58 PM
    Freedom I think...

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:01 PM
    Just left iphone6 for my BB PP and you can expect pure excellence ! Everything thing an iPhone is not and then some .This is a real device sturdy build fluid OS , I have every app that was on my iPhone 6 except Instagram ( Igran works great BB native app) if you can't find apps in BBW or Amazon App Store there is a thread where you can install Snap to get those apps if you want. I had iPhones since iPhone 4s and have been waiting for BB to make this type of machine ! Trust that's what you will have, I hate to put mine down.
    01-17-15 04:00 PM
    File manager... one you can drag and drop... just to name one.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-17-15 07:05 PM
    i have an iphone 6 and been iphone user since original iphone
    i tried to switch to passport but after one day of use i've returned back to iphone

too many critical issues (for me) to fully switch
    however i will wait for the future products as qnx itself is much more pleasing than "toy-ish" ios
    01-19-15 09:26 AM
    i have an iphone 6 and been iphone user since original iphone
    i tried to switch to passport but after one day of use i've returned back to iphone

too many critical issues (for me) to fully switch
    however i will wait for the future products as qnx itself is much more pleasing than "toy-ish" ios
    What kinds of critical issues were you having? That is what the OP was asking.

Maybe some of the critical issues can be resolved, or maybe some of them are none issues for OP.

In general, one day is too short for trying out a completely new platform.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-19-15 02:33 PM
    Blend works great on my Macbook. File transfers are good too. Only drawback is that it doesn't let me transfer folders, only files.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:51 PM
    I thought I'd check in with everyone after having abandoned iPhone for Passport more than 3 months ago. I love my Passport. I don't miss iPhone at all. I have configured my Passport to sync to my iCloud contacts, email, and calendar. I have also configured it to sync to my Microsoft Exchange contacts, email and calendar. This integration works great. I'm very happy with Evernote on my Passport too. I prefer BBM over SMS and have been getting some of my iPhone friends to add BBM to their devices so we can BBM each other. BBM is much cooler than SMS. To complete my transition, I had to call Apple to have them unlink my old iPhone cell phone number from their database so people could send me SMS messages. That was a simple fix.
    BlackBerry Blend works great over Wi-Fi, seamlessly connecting with my Macbook Pro at work, my Macbook Air on the road, and my iMac at home. I just got a BlackBerry Passport Cradle, which I really like, but have been having some problems with BlackBerry Blend when the device is connected via USB. When the Passport is in the cradle and the cradle is plugged into the iMac via USB, Blend can't seem to communicate with the Passport. But it works fine over Wi-Fi. I posted a question about that in the Blackberry Blend thread. If anyone has the solution, please let me know.
    The Blackberry Passport has a superior viewing screen (I read and respond to a lot of emails). The screen is much better than an iPhone's screen, which I used to struggle to read the tiny print. I prefer the more compact square screen/device shape over the large rectangle screen/device shape of the iPhone Plus. Blackberry's physical keyboard, auto-correct, and suggestive text are superior to iPhone. It is so easy to flick the suggested words into the message with my thumbs. I can type really fast on a Blackberry Passport physical keyboard too. Also, the screen size makes web surfing a breeze. My Passport's bluetooth works great in my automobile the same exact way as my iPhone did. A drawback is that I have to use two hands to type on my Passport, as it's really hard to do with one hand. But that is mot a big deal to me.
    I don't use my Passport for music playing. I have an iPod for that.
    My Passport works great as a mobile hotspot when I am traveling. It works great with my Macbook Air and iPad.
    I love that my Passport has a removable SD card for all of my photos. I didn't like how the iPhone didn't have a removable SD card.
    Overall, I'm very happy to have switched to Passport and have blended it nicely with my Apple computers and my workplace's Microsoft Exchange email system.
    aha likes this.
    01-30-15 08:18 AM
63 123