I recently upgraded to 10.3.1.1016 and noticed a tremendous change not only with call quality but also with antenae reception. I am really pleased with this leaked OS.
    Loading it is very easy: see stickies and Sachesi
    I too had reception wander in an out in poor areas but this has changed dramatically with this update.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1016
    I generally wait for the official OTA updates for OS. Wonder if it is time to review that!
    7onZ likes this.
    11-05-14 12:43 AM
    I find the call quality to be exceptional. It was near perfect on the Z30 for me as well... However, where the Passport trumps it is on speakerphone quality. It sounds clearer than any other device I've ever had (including bluetooth devices designed for that exact purpose, and by far!)
    I can't say much as far as reception goes other than that I haven't had any problems. I don't usually run on LTE mostly to save on battery but also because most of my uses don't really require it but I don't think this affects call quality either way.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-05-14 01:42 AM
    I find the call quality to be exceptional. It was near perfect on the Z30 for me as well... However, where the Passport trumps it is on speakerphone quality. It sounds clearer than any other device I've ever had (including bluetooth devices designed for that exact purpose, and by far!)
    I can't say much as far as reception goes other than that I haven't had any problems. I don't usually run on LTE mostly to save on battery but also because most of my uses don't really require it but I don't think this affects call quality either way.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Yes the speakerphone! We were driving in two cars and my wife was talking thru the Q10 in the other car to the car I was in. I held the PP between me and the driver on speaker. We were both talking to my wife for directions in a relatively noisy car with kids in the back and chatting relatives. We both heard her talking loud and clear and she were effortlessly communicating with the both of us.
    I'm loving this phone more and more every day!!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 05:55 AM
    Wait?! You can make calls with this thing???? Lol

In all seriousness though the call quality is excellent on the Passport.

Loving my Passport!
    andy957 likes this.
    11-05-14 09:38 AM
    I was speaking a friend of mine earlier today. Today was his 1st day with his Passport. When I called him to check on his 1st day experience, I felt his voice fade away quite drastically and then float back in and again fade away! When I mentioned that to him and suggested that he may be covering some of the microphones, he said he wasn't! When he shifted to the supplied ear-phones, his voice was completely stable. I was on my Bluetooth when I had initially called and he mentioned that my voice was very clear. When i tested without the Bluetooth, he said that my voice did fade a bit on & off. In both our cases, when we used our earphones or Bluetooth, the audio quality for the listener was very clear - however, with just the device, it had the 'waxing & waning' effect!

However, I have not had this mentioned to me by too many folks. Just 2 people have mentioned this to me so far. To be honest, I am puzzled as to the cause of this!!!

If I do manage to get to the root of this, I will provide an update!
    And, just to complete the above picture, I also tried to the Speakerphone during the Call. Of course, the Speakerphone is brilliant - and, it didn't seem to be suffering from the 'waxing and waning' syndrome!
    11-05-14 09:40 AM
    I have had similar complaint when using the phone (mic fades in and out) when talking on the handset. I exchanged my original Passport because I thought it was a hardware issue but the problem still persists with my new device!

So my conclusion is it is either user error, software or cell reception, but I suspect reception is not an issue because the hadsfree works awesome! So that leave user error or software.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:45 PM
    Hmnn interesting and frustrating at the same time...some say their Passport is the best phone call quality and reception they've ever had and then others are having difficulty. I'm in the latter bunch. I've been told by people on the other end that my voice comes and fades despite me not moving my Passport or face around. Calls on my end seem fine. Even more frustrating is the huge amount of missed calls I seem to get. Calls get immediately directed to voice mail assumingly cuz of poor reception. I am with Rogers and had a Q10 before hand and never experienced any of these problems before. You would think that for as long as it took BlackBerry to come out with this phone, they would've had all the damn wrinkles ironed out!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:54 AM
    Pretty good on my end

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:00 AM
    I have a Passport and many of my callers complain about the same thing. I sound like I fade in and out. Very, very annoying. Almost makes it unusable at times.
    11-21-14 01:43 PM
    Mine does better than my LG

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:56 PM

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-21-14 03:41 PM
    I recently upgraded to 10.3.1.1016 and noticed a tremendous change not only with call quality but also with antenae reception. I am really pleased with this leaked OS.
    I too had reception wander in an out in poor areas but this has changed dramatically with this update.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1016
    Does your 1016 have the "adobe flash" slider in browse er options?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 04:42 PM

Any idea when 1016 will push ota?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 04:45 PM
    Excellent. Clearer then any of my past phones I have own.
    11-21-14 05:20 PM
    I'm also with Rogers on 10.3.0.908. I get the fading while using the handset speaker but the speakerphone is fine.

It's nothing too terrible. I wonder if it has anything to do with the audio tuning while on a call.

Maybe a software update will solve this minor hiccup.

Aside from that everyone tells me I'm loud and clear and I have no issues hearing people.

The Q10 and Z30 are also awesome.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:07 PM
    I experienced the same fade in and out as my Z30 and realized I was inadvertently blocking the mics with my hands. Once I adjusted it stopped. Phone calls great again but this issue occurs just have to be mindful.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 07:53 PM
    If you have a work voice mail call it using your phone and then a couple other phones. Compare. That's what I do. You'd be amazed at how different phones sound. My and my wife's z10s both have less treble than my mother's iPhone. My brothers note 3 has even more treble.

We are all on verizon. So testing everything is easy.

As far as waxing and waning maybe it's something you can hear with enough tests.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.1.1151
    11-21-14 08:08 PM
    Just to throw in my 2 cents (Canadian pennies, that is), I almost always go on speakerphone when making calls with my PP. The first time, I was setting my phone up with my Rogers service provider. At the end of the call, she asked if I had any questions, to which I asked,"How did you find the call quality of my new phone?". She replied that it was great. I then told her I was on speakerphone the whole time and she said,"I couldn't tell!"

I've asked people who I've talked to about the call quality and they all say it is crystal clear. As noted, I'm almost always on speakerphone so I can't comment on how the phone quality is speaking directly into the handset but, so far, phone calls are better than any other phone I've had (ranging from BlackBerry, Samsung, Apple, Nokia to LG).
    andy957 likes this.
    11-21-14 08:30 PM
    I have both z10 and passport, and I feel that the z10 seems can hear clearer.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:42 PM
    Excellent. I can turn on speaker in noisy places and it is very good both sides. My AT&T reception is as good as or better than others.

Posted via CB10
    geekaren likes this.
    11-21-14 08:53 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Better quality than the Z30 to my experience.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    +1 This

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 10:16 PM
    I have no fading since loading 10.3.1.1151 plus 1152 radio. I believe that this software issue should be resolved

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1151
    11-22-14 06:30 AM
    I am experiencing the issues with my voice fading in and out. Is there any progress with getting to the root cause of this?
    12-01-14 04:26 AM
    Call quality excellent, speakerphone superb. No fading or any other funny business in my experience so far.

From my mighty PassPort
    12-01-14 05:11 AM
    Mine, too. When enough people complain, I have to switch and use a different device. If I can't have a clear conversation with the handset then everything else about it becomes moot. Nothing worse than repeating myself 5X and answering the same question: "What? Why does it sound like you're far away? Oh, there you are. What are you doing with your phone?? You're coming and going!!" Wish there was a fix for this.
    12-09-14 08:43 AM
69 123