Passport is the best if you are not fan of those goofy things from Android such as whatsapp, and other games like application which are easily be found on Google play

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 11:11 AM
    Passport is the best if you are not fan of those goofy things from Android such as whatsapp, and other games like application which are easily be found on Google play

Posted via CB10
    You mean like the apps that I have to use to run my business with my paying clients. You're one more person that doesn't get why BB10 died.
    08-01-17 11:28 AM
    Go to passport!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 12:49 PM
    Skip BB10 and buy a KEYone. Either that or just move on. The more I read from people that still use BB10 in other threads, it seems like it's slowly being left to die. If you already have a BB10 device, keep using, but to buy one now is just wasting money you could spend on ANY next generation device from any OEM.
    That poj with screen problem? Better wait for a better build version...maybe!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 03:57 PM
    Passport or classic. I have keyone and it's collecting dust.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 05:42 PM
    That poj with screen problem? Better wait for a better build version...maybe!

Posted via CB10
    As I wrote, skip BB10, KEYone and if not, move on to another (IOS or Android) device.
    08-01-17 09:37 PM
    As I wrote, skip BB10, KEYone and if not, move on to another (IOS or Android) device.
    Op wanted bb10 and knows about it's limitations. Not everybody needs tinder and angry birds to run their business.

Bush did bb10
    08-03-17 03:09 PM
    Op wanted bb10 and knows about it's limitations. Not everybody needs tinder and angry birds to run their business.

Bush did bb10
    Those aren't the apps I use to run either of my businesses. There some ladies and gentlemen that I know that rely on Tinder for their businesses.
    08-03-17 07:35 PM
    Those aren't the apps I use to run either of my businesses. There some ladies and gentlemen that I know that rely on Tinder for their businesses.
    We all have different needs for our smartphone and saying bb10 is waste of money because it doesn't meet your needs is narrow minded.

Bush did bb10
    08-04-17 03:40 AM
    We all have different needs for our smartphone and saying bb10 is waste of money because it doesn't meet your needs is narrow minded.

Bush did bb10
    It's a waste of money to anyone that doesn't already own a BB10 device at this point. Also waste of money to anyone that can't afford to replace the phone in the near future. I still own every BB10 device made except for the Porsche series. I love Blackberry devices but someone that owns a 4 year old model and debating between Classic and Passport is obviously concerned with spending money. Both devices combined are cheaper than many Android/IOS devices today so with money to burn, then buy them both. However if money is tight for someone else, you shouldn't let your enthusiasm for something allow your preferences to answer inappropriately for someone depending on your guidance..
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 08-04-17 at 06:29 AM.
    08-04-17 06:16 AM
    I wouldn't change a thing.

I don't think the classic is enough of an upgrade. The passport has a known design issue that leads to premature failure of the device.

Get a spare keyboard for your Q10 and a Mugen battery and keep on doing what you are doing.
    08-07-17 06:03 AM
    I wouldn't change a thing.

I don't think the classic is enough of an upgrade. The passport has a known design issue that leads to premature failure of the device.

Get a spare keyboard for your Q10 and a Mugen battery and keep on doing what you are doing.
    Q10 mugen battery is still $90 lol. You can buy used classsic for $100.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-17 10:17 AM
    Q10 mugen battery is still $90 lol. You can buy used classsic for $100.

Posted via CB10
    True. It's definitely a niche product for people who already have blackberry phones which they like and want to keep.

The classic is a good choice for 9900 users who must have a tool belt. But if you already have a Q10 you are faced with spending 100 and getting relatively little additional functionality or spending 90 and getting substantially better battery life.
    08-07-17 10:26 AM
    I wonder what the OP ended up getting after all the help and Chucky trying to infect him or her with the android virus? Obviously he didn't understand the question in the first post.

It your still around OP let us know what you've decided and how your journey has been.
    08-27-17 06:56 AM
    Skip BB10.

Man the apps are so limited.

I don't understand why you and other folks here are ''allergic'' to android and are going ''oooo android is a virus and will infect my phone''.

Get a grip. Get. A. Grip.

What, half the world uses android? From USA to Kenya? You're all thinking ''if it's not bb10 security, then it's not safe''.

Governments now use android. Yea, those who used bb10? Android. Give it a rest, you're all killing a potentially great experience with android and new updated apps, the ability to do more with your phone - still on a blackberry, mind you. Like the keyone - you still keep the keyboard and all the other good bb stuff.

Don't be fanboys and start hating on android. You're all worse than apple fanboys; at least the iphone is living and breathing, bb10 Is dead.

- sincerely, a BB Passport Owner

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 10:26 AM
    Get the Passport SE!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-17 03:12 PM
    Skip BB10.

I don't understand why you and other folks here are ''allergic'' to android and are going ''oooo android is a virus and will infect my phone''.

What, half the world uses android? From USA to Kenya? You're all thinking ''if it's not bb10 security, then it's not safe''.

Governments now use android. Yea, those who used bb10? Android. Give it a rest, you're all killing a potentially great experience with android and new updated apps, the ability to do more with your phone - still on a blackberry, mind you. Like the keyone - you still keep the keyboard and all the other good bb stuff.

Don't be fanboys and start hating on android. You're all worse than apple fanboys; at least the iphone is living and breathing, bb10 Is dead.

Posted via CB10
    Even if it's dead, the flesh is still warm. So I can abuse it for the time being huehue

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    The_Passporter likes this.
    08-28-17 06:19 PM
    Skip BB10.

Posted via CB10
    First - OK well the virus thing was a figure of speech.
    Second - set aside all the reasons you can find why Android is thriving and BB10 is drowning, I still think that BB10's OS and design is more intuitive and fluid.
    Thirdly - I have all the apps a normal consumer would want with the Blackberry and Google Play Store.
    Fourth- if you don't mind an older phone at a reflected lower price that has limited life span the BB10 is great especially on the Passport.
    After all any android phone you buy today will only guarantee two years of updates so if you want to pay $700+ for a new phone that will suffer the very same fate then by all means.
    08-28-17 06:38 PM
    First - OK well the virus thing was a figure of speech.
    Second - set aside all the reasons you can find why Android is thriving and BB10 is drowning, I still think that BB10's OS and design is more intuitive and fluid.
    Thirdly - I have all the apps a normal consumer would want with the Blackberry and Google Play Store.
    Fourth- if you don't mind an older phone at a reflected lower price that has limited life span the BB10 is great especially on the Passport.
    After all any android phone you buy today will only guarantee two years of updates so if you want to pay $700+ for a new phone that will suffer the very same fate then by all means.
    BB10 does have a good design and is fluid, but more importantly unlike what you might think, ALL the apps a normal consumer would want do not work on BB10 no matter what you do.

There are a variety of apps that I use that there are no workarounds for. In terms of a big app like WhatsApp (I don't actually use it, but over a billion normal consumers do), there are no guarantees it'll work in 4 months, and probably not without many hours of fiddling around. It'll always be one update away from useless. All that time we save with the fluid OS won't make up for the time lost trying to get apps working.

In my case, there are a number of apps I use (or should say would use regularly) that don't work at all on BB10. The Web versions don't work nearly as well as the app, so again any benefits of a "fluid" OS go out the window.

To your final point, I have a four year old Android tablet running Android 5.1 (I think) that still works with any app I've tried. Even if I get one more year, five years for a piece of tech is a decent amount of time. Just for the record, I believe the PlayBook celebrated 6 years this year and has been relatively useless for the last 4 years or so. It does make a decent alarm clock though with the dock.

If you drop $700 today on an Android, you're getting the brand new OS which should give you a good 4 or 5 years of app compatibility even if OS updates end. You could also do a $200 slab and buy new phones much more frequently if you need to always have the most up to date OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-17 10:24 AM
    BB10 does have a good design and is fluid, but more importantly unlike what you might think, ALL the apps a normal consumer would want do not work on BB10 no matter what you do.

There are a variety of apps that I use that there are no workarounds for. In terms of a big app like WhatsApp (I don't actually use it, but over a billion normal consumers do), there are no guarantees it'll work in 4 months, and probably not without many hours of fiddling around. It'll always be one update away from useless. All that time we save with the fluid OS won't make up for the time lost trying to get apps working.

In my case, there are a number of apps I use (or should say would use regularly) that don't work at all on BB10. The Web versions don't work nearly as well as the app, so again any benefits of a "fluid" OS go out the window.

To your final point, I have a four year old Android tablet running Android 5.1 (I think) that still works with any app I've tried. Even if I get one more year, five years for a piece of tech is a decent amount of time. Just for the record, I believe the PlayBook celebrated 6 years this year and has been relatively useless for the last 4 years or so. It does make a decent alarm clock though with the dock.

If you drop $700 today on an Android, you're getting the brand new OS which should give you a good 4 or 5 years of app compatibility even if OS updates end. You could also do a $200 slab and buy new phones much more frequently if you need to always have the most up to date OS.

Posted via CB10
    I had all the BB10 / Android apps I wanted on the Passport and I consider myself a normal consumer but everyone has different needs.

I had all my friends either text, BBM or use Telegram, the last being the best of all messaging apps.

Some websites work or offer more than the app and consume less power or tracking.

When you bring up workarounds I must say that is no different than the hours spent searching Google Play for the right app to fit your needs after numerous app fails.
    Just learning or refreshing on the Android OS is time consuming and frustrating. There is a lot to add the the basic Android OS to make it work the way you want so time spent either way getting things setup.

Lastly when I said you get two years I mean usually two OS upgrades and your out. If you want Security updates your out of luck unless you want to fiddle around with learning Custom ROM's and that's not 100%.

The Passport is comparable to your four year old device since it still works also. It's all about price and targeted use. If the buyer knows what it is he or she is buying and what is expected of it then it's money well spent at the right price.
    08-29-17 06:56 PM
    Amazon has the Passport US version for around $230 and an international version for around $190. They also have inexpensive replacement batteries for your Q10.
    08-30-17 12:49 PM
    Passport is better and Classic is traditional BB.
    Love the keyboard on PP and look on Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 12:15 PM
    Passport

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 03:26 PM
    I have a Q10, went to a priv then bought a classic and really wanted to try the passport. I liked the classic more than the Q and after a couple of days with the passport I thought I was going back to the classic. I gave the passport a week and have not been able to go back to any of the others. I still have them all but the passport is my hands down favorite. I say try the passport. The Q is similar enough to the classic. Granted the tool belt is great to have but with Blackberry 10 it's not a necessity. Just my 2 cents. Oh and the priv is a great phone with some cool features but while my OS10 phone still works as well as it does I can't go to android.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-17 08:11 PM
49 12