I also have a Pebble and use Talk2Watch. Works really well, other than some display distortion periodically when I try to read things. Other than that it's a good investment. Battery life is great. I charge it about once every 4 days.

Posted via CB10
    I have found that I have to keep it open as a live tile if I close that window it cuts my bt connection?Anyone else?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-29-14 05:06 AM
    Would love if someone could developed apk to work with Samsung galaxy gear s... the curved smoked and interface is just marvelous and would be useful to passport user to have it combined with passport..

Well just a thought and hope my wants/dream of such watches comes true..

Till then the wait is on.. hopefully a short one

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 07:44 AM
    I also have a Pebble and use Talk2Watch. Works really well, other than some display distortion periodically when I try to read things. Other than that it's a good investment. Battery life is great. I charge it about once every 4 days.

Posted via CB10
    Really like the Pebble steel in brushed chrome! Easy to use and setup with talk2wat?ch pro. Once dev fixes the api for caller it will be perfect! Future shop also price matched Pebbles's on line black Friday pricing so having a 50$ + 10% of the difference was sweet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-29-14 10:03 AM
    No need to fear that. I'm still working on T2W, currently preparing a huge update and caller id is already working in my beta.

Posted via CB10
    As you seem to be a very talented Developer: Would you mind to write the same software to communicate with Casio Bluetooth watches, especially their G-Shock line (e.g. GB6900X)?

Would be awesome to use them with Blackberry 10! I would surely pay for the app.
    01-26-15 03:34 AM
    Hi there CrackBerry community!

I am an Android/iPhone user as of now (had an affair with BB back in the day) and the Passport is tempting me to abandon ship. Thing is I already bought a smartwatch (kairoswatches, since this is my first post I can't post links) and it is iOS and Android compatible. The question is how does BB play with android smartwatches?. Anybody has a personal experience with, say, a pebble or a samnsung gear and is willing to comment? In case it is not compatible as of now, do you guys think BB will address the subject with software updates? I wouldn't want to buy a Passport only to find out it wont work with my watch.

Thanks for reading!!
    The honest answer is: there is no smartwatch that satisfactorily works with BlackBerry. I have the Pebble - it doesn't work well with the Passport. You can pair it and get basic notifications, but there are severe limitations:

- the talk2watch app has to stay open all the time
    - the watch doesn't reconnect after a while of having watch and phone apart.
    - apps like Cards for Pebble don't work. As a matter of fact, no apps work at the moment, only basic notifications.

And pebble is the one with the best support :-/
    01-26-15 04:42 AM
    Obviously it's THIS one, but since its not available at the moment I think Pebble will do just fine
    Wow! I want that watch! Dreaming is free...
    01-26-15 05:56 AM
    I bought my first BB and it's a Passport. My last phone are with Android and I have to work with Casio GB-6900B Bluetooth watch. It's possible to work this watch with BB ?
    01-26-15 06:03 AM
    @shade3D, I know its too late and you probably already discovered it, but according my last experience, it should be possible, if there is android app to pair with.

Also, my add to this theme:
    I finaly bought my own smart-watch device (kind-of). It is Alcatel OneTouch Go (same as classic, but without NFC and direct charging), and I want it just for one purpose - to know who calls me. According to this thread here, I was very disappointed to know, that only Pebbles can notify incoming calls and even then without caller ID. But I had opportunity to try OT GO, and it works! To get the *.apk file for 'Move' app was a little pain (you can forget to find it in Amazon store or Snap), but internet searching is here to help, right? So you start app, start watch, pair it, leave app on background, and incoming calls with caller ID is shown! Also, there are few down sides - no weather so far, even when it find through GPS where I am, no SMS/mails from hub (notifications working just for android apps - Skype, Viber, GMaps...), music control try to communicate with VLC - not fully tested now. Also, another functions which are unimportant for me but working: remote control of camera (both front and back), all fitness functions working and syncing with phone app. Big down side - watch wont reconnect after you come back to your device, you need to do it manually.

So all together, I am happy user of BB PP OG and Alcatel OT Go combination. If you have some questions about using of those and/or communication with BB OS10 phone, feel free to ask - if I would know the answer, I will be glad to share with you guys.
    05-17-16 06:05 AM
33 12