01-24-15 10:51 AM
96 ... 234
tools
    RIM dropped the ball when they got rid of Music in BlackBerry World, and not officially advising customers on what their music-buying options would be as a result. Seriously bad customer relationship management on their part.

So if you're not into music streaming services, such as Spotify and the rest?

There is 7Digital, the "unofficial" replacement to BlackBerry World for buying music. However, the app quality (Android port or not) is sh*tty as hell, the music selection...ditto. HMV also has an app, it happens to be an exact copy of 7Digital's, (or vice versa), which baffles me, and is just as sh*tty, only in pink (compared to 7Digital's blue-themed app). Anyway...not recommended either way.

Other options? iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Music.

Buy your tunes, copy onto your phone. That's what I do with iTunes.
    Last edited by SomeoneOrOther; 01-19-15 at 05:42 PM.
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    01-19-15 05:26 PM
    As phone comes with amazon app store you would think amazon music would be compatible with device.
    I mean silly me I went and bought music from Amazon (because I wanted to support the artist) and as I use Amazon for other stuff. Oh bummer had to download to another device and copy to my BlackBerry.

PS.

It's expensive but for the couple of albums a year I buy, I'd buy vinyl if I could. On occasions I bought vinyl the mp3 downloads were also included.
    Go to web site enter code worked fine on BlackBerry 10. No apps involved.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon provides mp3s with vinyl?
    01-19-15 05:52 PM
    As mentioned before, set your browser to Desktop Mode and you can buy and download directly from Amazon.com to your device. No need to buy on a PC and then file transfer.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:00 PM
    I buy CD's and load them onto PC via windows media player. (wma format)

Then I can easily transfer them to phones (and mp3 players). You can either use Blackberry Link or copy to the connected phone, or copy directly onto Micro SD card inserted in the computer if your PC has an SD card drive.
    01-19-15 11:28 PM
    I use bittorrent android app

Posted via Q10
    01-20-15 12:24 AM
    Easy, buy the CD. Rip the CD in iTunes. Copy the songs either with BlackBerry link, Blend or copy to the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I do purchase music as I beleive these artists should be compensated for their work and therefore should be paid for the work. I also like to have a copy of artists cd as well!

(HMV mobile is a great store to purchase the latest music and the download is a compressed file so a dl's much faster as well)

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 11:04 AM
    Yeah I do purchase music as I beleive these artists should be compensated for their work and therefore should be paid for the work. I also like to have a copy of artists cd as well!

Posted via CB10
    Das wot giggs are 4

Check Out TechCraze
    01-20-15 11:06 AM
    I use Google Music. Works great when the app is downloaded via the Play Store. I already have a lot of music there and I have the Google music monthly subscription.
    01-20-15 03:01 PM
    Amazon provides mp3s with vinyl?
    When you by new vinyl LPS it's normal to get a code to access the media digitally from a secure download site. Can't say it's always the case but it's a nice idea. Whether you buy from amazon or else where. The download site won't be amazon probably a record company site. This can also be the case with some blue rays and dvds but never seen it with cds.
    E.g Arctic Monkeys AM vinyl comes with a download code for mp3 320.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    01-20-15 03:09 PM
    When you by new vinyl LPS it's normal to get a code to access the media digitally from a secure download site. Can't say it's always the case but it's a nice idea. Whether you buy from amazon or else where. The download site won't be amazon probably a record company site. This can also be the case with some blue rays and dvds but never seen it with cds.
    E.g Arctic Monkeys AM vinyl comes with a download code for mp3 320.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I appreciate the info.
    01-20-15 03:25 PM
    I use Amazon Music, mostly. It's in the Amazon App Store.
    Hmm exactly where is the amazon Music app, I tried in the Amazon app store and found nothing then I used 1mobile found a version there that crashes as soon as I launch it???

7 digital is literally junk complex to use, duplicates your existing music library on your phone, the folders are android ones so you have to try and figure out where you SD card is even though it says it's going there it's actually going on your device. It completely screws up album art and only syncs certain music not all your music, extremely hard to use app, oh yes renames your music and straps them out of your nice folders that the native music app uses...does not play with the native music app at all and the included player is very very basic at best

If there's anything out there better it would be appreciated if someone could suggest but BlackBerry switching audio and movies out to this piece is junk app is terrible utter ctap

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2072
    01-20-15 08:57 PM
    Hmm exactly where is the amazon Music app, I tried in the Amazon app store and found nothing then I used 1mobile found a version there that crashes as soon as I launch it???
    It's there for me, and it works. What I don't really like though - as with all the other Amazon Apps, and many Android apps, they keep running in the background after being closed. They even somehow pop up again as a background process after being killed with Task Manager.

What app do you use for buying music?-img_20150120_224301.png
    01-20-15 09:47 PM
    I use Google Music. Works great when the app is downloaded via the Play Store. I already have a lot of music there and I have the Google music monthly subscription.
    Are you using Google music on the passport?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 09:54 PM
    It's there for me, and it works. What I don't really like though - as with all the other Amazon Apps, and many Android apps, they keep running in the background after being closed. They even somehow pop up again as a background process after being killed with Task Manager.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150120_224301.png 
Views:	264 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	328643
    Amazon music doesn't work for me either...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:02 PM
    Well I'm not sure why but when I go to the preloaded amazon app store and search for Amazon Music I get this, and like I said I've tried loading the version in 1mobile market and it crashes I'm running the latest leaked OS on a Z30 in Canada

What are you running to get that OS, and phone hardware I mean?

What app do you use for buying music?-img_20150121_091517.png

And this is the one I tried from 1mobile market that first says the app has unfortunately stopped and on the next try won't even start

I'm at a loss as to what I'm missing

Attachment 328710

01-21-15 10:17 AM
    Amazon music is good

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 10:24 AM
    Well I'm not sure why but when I go to the preloaded amazon app store and search for Amazon Music I get this, and like I said I've tried loading the version in 1mobile market and it crashes I'm running the latest leaked OS on a Z30 in Canada

What are you running to get that OS, and phone hardware I mean?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150121_091517.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	328707

And this is the one I tried from 1mobile market that first says the app has unfortunately stopped and on the next try won't even start

I'm at a loss as to what I'm missing

Attachment 328710

I'm on a Z30 also. In the US. Maybe it's a regional thing? If you want the APK, PM me.
    01-21-15 11:01 AM
    Are you using Google music on the passport?

Posted via CB10
    Yes.. Download it from the Google Play Store (not snap) for BB and it works great..
    01-21-15 11:26 AM
    +1 Amazon music which can be downloaded on any device and once purchased its yours!!! Cloud player as well for all purchased music and great selection of music with good prices!! And they have sales on music too!!
    01-21-15 11:44 AM
    Spotify. $10 unlimited tough to beat.

Posted via RED Passport on CB 10
    01-21-15 01:15 PM
    Must be a Canada thing, can any Canucks confirm they can't get amazon Music in Canada?

I tried using Snap to find it and no luck

What app do you use for buying music?-img_20150124_095045.png

01-24-15 10:51 AM
96 ... 234