iTunes is what I use

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 09:58 AM
    Don't buy music. Between Spotify, SiriusXM and Rdio, all my music needs are fulfilled through subscriptions. Every song / album is instantly available to me right after release or close enough to it to not worry about it.
    01-11-15 02:00 PM
    Don't buy music. Between Spotify, SiriusXM and Rdio, all my music needs are fulfilled through subscriptions. Every song / album is instantly available to me right after release or close enough to it to not worry about it.
    Wot abt leaks?

Check Out TechCraze
    01-11-15 02:58 PM
    Personally I don't like subscription music services. I like to own the music I like. I like having my own personal collection of music. I don't want to rely on web services to stream music as internet access isn't always available ie airplanes. Plus, streaming eats up battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Omahahaha and RoboticGolem like this.
    01-11-15 03:20 PM
    Wot abt leaks?

Check Out TechCraze
    There is very rarely any music I'm interested in that I can't wait for.
    tinochiko likes this.
    01-11-15 03:20 PM
    Personally I don't like subscription music services. I like to own the music I like. I like having my own personal collection of music. I don't want to rely on web services to stream music as internet access isn't always available ie airplanes. Plus, streaming eats up battery life.

Posted via CB10
    You don't own any music even if you purchase it lol. You're perpetually renting it. Also, local caching takes care of your streaming concerns. But I get your point.
    01-11-15 03:21 PM
    There is very rarely any music I'm interested in that I can't wait for.
    And artists that aren't on either of those platforms? Like indie or something

Check Out TechCraze
    01-11-15 03:23 PM

Check Out TechCraze
    Haven't come across any that weren't available that I wanted. I can see it being a problem but thus far, it hasn't been for me. *shrugs*
    tinochiko likes this.
    01-11-15 03:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    So go with the music to SD card solution.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:16 PM
    I also have Beats Music subscription since I'm on AT&T and get a good deal on multi users. I use it quite a bit as well.

Passport on AT&T
    01-11-15 04:39 PM

Check Out TechCraze
    Easy, buy the CD. Rip the CD in iTunes. Copy the songs either with BlackBerry link, Blend or copy to the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 06:31 PM

Check Out TechCraze
    Soundcloud?
    Artist's website?

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-11-15 06:32 PM
    Often artists' websites only have links to purchase on iTunes. 7Digital usually will also have these available too, however.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-11-15 06:44 PM
    *sigh* I wasn't saying there is no solution, (in fact, see post #43), just not one within Bla1ze's music sources, I was wondering if he stuck to those exclusively to what extent it limits his music choice, which he answered, but thanks

Check Out TechCraze
    01-11-15 07:03 PM
    Amazon mp3 is what I've been using

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:04 PM
    Often artists' websites only have links to purchase on iTunes. 7Digital usually will also have these available too, however.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    I don't get it. Why not use iTunes?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:53 PM
    What good does it do to own.....

While music hasn't changed as much as the Movie Business....

You could own a movie on a LaserDisk or a Betamax tape back in the 70's
    Most of the 80' you could own a movie on a VHS tape.
    In the 90's we all upgraded to DVD.
    Then if you were an early adopter you got HD-DVDs
    If you were smart you waited for the inferior but better supported Blu-ray.
    Of course now you'll need to get your 4K Blue-Ray

As a parent through much of this time... I bought a number of Disney movies, over and over. Ownership isn't all that big of a deal at this point - it's more about the access.
    01-12-15 09:02 AM
    With music you don't have to worry about that. I copy vinyl and everything to my itunes library. CDs import in just a couple minutes.

I don't think there will be an issue with music formats anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 09:13 AM
    While, coming from a country, where 15 years ago an original cd used to cost like 10% of minimal wage, we were almost forced into all Napsters, KazaAs and torrents.

Old habits die slowly

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    01-12-15 09:15 AM
    Music search in BlackBerry world is not to bad

Posted with my Amazing  Passport
    01-12-15 09:17 AM
    Support the musicians...buy the damn CD...then you DO own it.
    dale-c likes this.
    01-12-15 09:51 AM
    There definitely needs to be a better app. Nothing in the Amazon or Blackberry app stores is really good. I could go the Snap route and get Amazon Mp3 but I really shouldn't have to.

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to. You can install it from the Amazon App Store app. I use Amazon MP3/Music. It's slow as hell, but I only use it to find a tune or two that I come across while listening to a streaming service. I rarely ever purchase music anymore.
    01-12-15 09:53 AM
    You don't have to. You can install it from the Amazon App Store app. I use Amazon MP3/Music. It's slow as hell, but I only use it to find a tune or two that I come across while listening to a streaming service. I rarely ever purchase music anymore.
    Amazon Mp3/Music is not in the Amazon app store, at least not for the Passport. I had a Q10 and it was available for that device. Guess this is one of those "not available for the Passport" apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 04:08 PM
    Just install SNAP. I think I was able to get it from Amazon though.

You also might try downloading the Amazon store directly from Amazon. I think when I did that it updated it and removed the restrictions.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:09 AM
    As phone comes with amazon app store you would think amazon music would be compatible with device.
    I mean silly me I went and bought music from Amazon (because I wanted to support the artist) and as I use Amazon for other stuff. Oh bummer had to download to another device and copy to my BlackBerry.

PS.

It's expensive but for the couple of albums a year I buy, I'd buy vinyl if I could. On occasions I bought vinyl the mp3 downloads were also included.
    Go to web site enter code worked fine on BlackBerry 10. No apps involved.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 03:23 PM
96 1234