1. Unique screen size and 32gb internal

2. a. Camera b. Maps

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 06:32 AM
    1. Screen and keyboard - also to have the latest/greatest BlackBerry device.
    2. Availability in the US is my biggest concern.

Posted via Q10
    08-01-14 07:56 AM
    Brilliant answer. As a former English major, I live for commas.
    Grammar nazis
    Lol jkjk

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    08-01-14 11:09 AM
    I know there a lot's of people here at CrackBerry that love the Passport. There are even some that don't really like it that much and will buy one anyway just to try it out. I have no problem with anyone that likes it or wants to buy it. I am not trying to change anyone's mind or try to convince them not to get it. I wouldn't want people doing that to me.
    I'm going to make my point one more time. Yes, I personally don't like the device. It's not for me. All I have been saying all along is that I FEEL that because it's a BlackBerry, because it looks different and has a physical keyboard it is going to be ridiculed and bashed by the MAJORITY of the folks and review sites out there. That may possibly cause the device to be a failure and may possibly hurt BlackBerry's reputation and financial status even further. My assumptions and concerns are because I like the company and don't want to see anything bad happen to them.
    That's it. Really. No hating here. Just concern.
    08-01-14 12:59 PM
    So you are worried what others think. Maybe the others have no clue. Why worry about the rest of the sheep when really the sheep just need someone to guide them.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 01:54 PM
    I'm not worried WHAT others think. I'm worried that what others think may harm BlackBerry. Man, is that so hard?
    08-01-14 03:12 PM
    I don't care what other people say or think. That's not my point at all. I worry about the negative publicity that BlackBerry is going to get from this device. What's so hart to understand? The negative publicity is already starting, read the forums. I buy what I like and what I think works best for me. Are you just looking for any excuse to jump all over me or what.
    Wtf do you care what people say about blackberry? If you like it, BUY it. If it fits you, BUY it. Who care what other say about the company? Me, i'll be buying it because I WANT it. Simple easy. Money, pff. Maybe I'm just fortunate enough to not care about price. Screw what "anyone" says.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-01-14 03:15 PM
    1) keyboard + screen size

2) 1:1 screen form factor

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:31 PM
    I'm not worried WHAT others think. I'm worried that what others think may harm BlackBerry. Man, is that so hard?
    And those same people would bash anything Blackberry comes out with whether it's traditional or unique. Nothing much you can do about those types.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 04:02 PM
    The comma key is on the virtual pop-up bar that appears whenever you select a text entry field. It is also selectable at any time by swiping down on the keys. I don't think BlackBerry would release a keyboard if it wasn't intuitive or the learning curve was too steep for consumers. I bet its been in testing since at least the time the patent was filed last year.

Sent from my Z10. Or was it my Q10? Either way, it was sent from an awesome phone.
    08-01-14 04:28 PM
    1. Screen size, specs (speakers, camera, 3gb, chipset, etc) virtual/physical keyboard.

2. Form factor, overall size and dimensions. Device "feel"

Sent from my Z10. Or was it my Q10? Either way, it was sent from an awesome phone.
    08-01-14 04:33 PM
    Wtf do you care what people say about blackberry? If you like it, BUY it. If it fits you, BUY it. Who care what other say about the company? Me, i'll be buying it because I WANT it. Simple easy. Money, pff. Maybe I'm just fortunate enough to not care about price. Screw what "anyone" says.

Posted via CB10
    Why do I worry about what other people think or say about BlackBerry? Because with enough negative people and articles the company could be ruined and go out of business. I don't know about you but there are some BlackBerry products that I really like and I hope that if they can stay in business they may continue to make devices I like. I guess you and some others don't care about that.
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    08-01-14 05:33 PM
    And those same people would bash anything Blackberry comes out with whether it's traditional or unique. Nothing much you can do about those types.

Posted via CB10
    Correct. I know there is nothing I can do about those types but since when can't someone express their concerns?
    08-01-14 05:34 PM
    1) Big screen, wide keyboard, big battery.
    2) Potential price (carrier likely won't have it so I'll have to buy it myself)

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    08-01-14 08:14 PM
    I am curious to see the answers to the following 2 questions.
    1)What is the #1 reason you want a BlackBerry Passport?
    My answer: A big screen w/ a physical keyboard.
    2) What is your biggest concern regarding the Passport?
    My answer: The keyboard. Just not sure how it's going to feel in my hands.
    1. Its faster processor. Second is battery life. My Q10 sometimes gets laggy now and idk why. It failed during my presentation yesterday. My battery is also dying faster when just a month ago I was going for days without a charge.

2. The ugly fonts on the keyboard. The aesthetics of the Passport look well designed but those fonts are fat! It's like staring at a Lane Bryant model in front of an Abercrombie & Fitch store! They can make it skinnier like on the Q10. Otherwise, I'm getting a classic, which looks damn sexy! Second concern is the lack of support for micro HDMI.

(Side note before I get admonished by you folks: I have nothing against fat people! I was just joking but trying to make a point. I am well aware that it's a multifactorial issue related to Bourdieusian theory of structural and symbolic violence along with disequilibrium from the environment of evolutionary adaptiveness and Belskyian theory of behavioural ecology. They deserve the same respect as you and me. Yada yada chill out CB.)

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    08-01-14 09:18 PM
    Why do I worry about what other people think or say about BlackBerry? Because with enough negative people and articles the company could be ruined and go out of business. I don't know about you but there are some BlackBerry products that I really like and I hope that if they can stay in business they may continue to make devices I like. I guess you and some others don't care about that.
    Well if you ask me there's an easy pattern to observe concerning the opinion people have about the Passport personally vs. what they think the device will do for the company and what others will think about it.

- those who find iOS and Android devices superior will trash talk BlackBerry no matter what they release
    - those who aren't keyboard kind of guys but like BlackBerry and prefer a traditional all touch device think the Passport will fail and ruin the company (opposed to a Z30 successor)
    - those who like keyboard devices and appreciate the new form factor and size think BlackBerry may have made the right decision (even in a grand scheme of things) and can't wait to lay their hands on one

People can't imagine many others to think different than themself. Simple.

Anyhow I think there's no way the Passport can make things worse for BlackBerry at this point. BlackBerry is an underdog barely anyone wants and that is bashed by the media and internet folks for years now. Novody takes them serious, they just want to have BlackBerry around to get the opportunity to poke some fun at them from time to time. So BlackBerry can act in favor of its core audience and anyone who appreciates it and try out new things.
    lift likes this.
    08-02-14 04:27 AM
    1: Hardware wise It's the best example of what a mobile computer should work and look like to me.

2: Software might fall short. I'm concerned that Docs to go will not live up to the hardware potential.

Not a huge concern yet, but it crosses my mind.
    08-02-14 09:17 AM
    keyboaed
    08-02-14 09:26 AM
    Looking forward to the screen and other rumored hardware. Keypad trackpad peeks my interest.

Not sure I really want a physical keypad again.
    *Piques*

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-02-14 09:30 AM
    1)What is the #1 reason you want a BlackBerry Passport?

My answer: the size and new technology with the keyboard. I really think this will be the next big thing in smart phones. i'm getting sent a lot of spread sheets at my new place of work and really look forward to being able to see those better then on my Q10 also.

2) What is your biggest concern regarding the Passport?

My answer: really the only thing i'm concerned about new bb is getting the OS better especially with thing like Contacts that seem to be a mess in a lot of ways. miss the legacy OS contacts app where everything worked and synced perfectly.
    08-02-14 10:06 AM
    It's crazy to me that all these people are jumping down your throat for expressing a concern for BlackBerry when the Passport comes out. Especially since the OP literally asked everyone to list their biggest concerns about the Passport... smdh

Back on topic:
    1) I need to feel it in my hand first but I'm fascinated by the idea of that large square screen and that BANGIN' capacitive keyboard, which I feel will finally be the best of both words - a physical keyboard with a touch keyboard form factor (since I'm used to the touch form factor now, lol).

2) I'm concerned about the keyboard's learning curve for the average person (esp with that comma being on the virtual row), though I feel that may not be as big an issue as I fear since it can't possibly be worse/more difficult to use than the iPhone keyboard...

P.S. BlackBerry's auto correct is starting to be as bad as the damn iPhone's. It switches form to from, for example. It's totally unnecessary.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    08-02-14 12:25 PM
    It's crazy to me that all these people are jumping down your throat for expressing a concern for BlackBerry when the Passport comes out. Especially since the OP literally asked everyone to list their biggest concerns about the Passport... smdh

Back on topic:
    1) I need to feel it in my hand first but I'm fascinated by the idea of that large square screen and that BANGIN' capacitive keyboard, which I feel will finally be the best of both words - a physical keyboard with a touch keyboard form factor (since I'm used to the touch form factor now, lol).

2) I'm concerned about the keyboard's learning curve for the average person (esp with that comma being on the virtual row), though I feel that may not be as big an issue as I fear since it can't possibly be worse/more difficult to use than the iPhone keyboard...

P.S. BlackBerry's auto correct is starting to be as bad as the damn iPhone's. It switches form to from, for example. It's totally unnecessary.

Posted via CB10
    Don't use auto correction. It was the first feature I switched off when I bought the Z10.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    08-02-14 02:34 PM
    1) seems interesting
    2) not sure if it will run as man apps as a pure touch screen plus the screen is small compared to my z30 and samsung note 2

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 03:01 PM
    1) seems interesting
    2) not sure if it will run as man apps as a pure touch screen plus the screen is small compared to my z30 and samsung note 2

Posted via CB10
    .5 an inch difference is considered "small" to you in comparison? Yikes.

I'm sure the massive PPI will be enough to change your mind, because neither of those other devices compare, in reality.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 03:28 PM
    Q1 same answer as op.

Q2 how it handles android apps since we will be more dependent on them. The Q10 screen config doesnt play nice with some android apps.

Differentiate or Die
    08-02-14 04:01 PM
53 123