Don't forget that Chen doesn't care about the consumer market any more, so why would he want to spend time and money putting them on display in the retail stores? He's attacking the sales plan by going through the B2B channels and using their field reps to try to win more accounts.

Because, you know, people who work in enterprise companies never walk into retail stores. They don't buy their own personal phones. The people walking into retail stores don't work and never talk about stuff at work and the line between consumer and business professional is of course, a large definitive line that no one ever crosses. I've never seen anything in retail and then discussed it at work with various people who may be in positions to make changes and recommendations. Never, never happened to me.

This is ridiculous. CEO's of major corporations still walk through the mall. They still see the bright shiny Apple store that puts a seed in their heads about mobile devices. There is absolutely no excuse for Blackberry to not have put a fancy pedestal display in every ATT retail store with a Passport and Classic sitting high and mighty. Maybe, just maybe, when that CIO or CTO or whoever goes into ATT to get their daughter an iphone, they see the nice BB display and walk over and start playing with the Passport and think, hey, this would be a very productive device for the 1500 mobile users in my company.

I just don't get BB's marketing strategy at all.
    PREACH on my brother
    04-14-15 10:20 AM
    Don't forget that Chen doesn't care about the consumer market any more, so why would he want to spend time and money putting them on display in the retail stores? He's attacking the sales plan by going through the B2B channels and using their field reps to try to win more accounts.

Because, you know, people who work in enterprise companies never walk into retail stores. They don't buy their own personal phones. The people walking into retail stores don't work and never talk about stuff at work and the line between consumer and business professional is of course, a large definitive line that no one ever crosses. I've never seen anything in retail and then discussed it at work with various people who may be in positions to make changes and recommendations. Never, never happened to me.

This is ridiculous. CEO's of major corporations still walk through the mall. They still see the bright shiny Apple store that puts a seed in their heads about mobile devices. There is absolutely no excuse for Blackberry to not have put a fancy pedestal display in every ATT retail store with a Passport and Classic sitting high and mighty. Maybe, just maybe, when that CIO or CTO or whoever goes into ATT to get their daughter an iphone, they see the nice BB display and walk over and start playing with the Passport and think, hey, this would be a very productive device for the 1500 mobile users in my company.

I just don't get BB's marketing strategy at all.
    Maybe this is Chen's secret plan to get out of the hardware business. If you don't advertise anything anymore, let alone display models even just to make even the last loyalist give up on it, then at some point he has a reason to shut this part down with saying that his phones don't sell at all.
    Good job Chen, it starts working...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:15 AM
    It still amazes me these threads keep getting posted. Since BB came up with the storm for US carriers to compete with Apple... US carriers have given up on BB. The rule of the day is "indifference" with US carriers and why anyone would expect differently after the last number of years of said indifference is beyond me. By all means post you experiences but really?? Why are you surprised, angry or disappointed... remember the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome... in the case of US carriers it is insanity to expect anything but indifference from them.
    Agree. BlackBerry is no longer depending on the consumer market for its primary revenue, but they have not abandoned hardware. AT&T for its part should be commended for continuing to supply devices to those of us who want it. The reality is we are a small percentage. Folly to expect retail sales staff to tailor to us because none of us need to be sold anything. We already know we want. I spent 3 minutes in the store picking up my Passport. I only needed the Rep to go grab one from the back, hand me the box, and swipe my credit card.

For those of you that want popular affirmation that the phone you chose to have is beloved by all, I'm not sure what to advise. I prefer to live outside the herd.
    emkay47 likes this.
    04-14-15 12:56 PM
    I do know that BlackBerry is building up their sales force by shifting employees internally to these types of positions. To what extent they will be working with the carriers I cannot say, but there is a push on to increase the hardware sales numbers.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-14-15 02:03 PM
    Agree. BlackBerry is no longer depending on the consumer market for its primary revenue, but they have not abandoned hardware. AT&T for its part should be commended for continuing to supply devices to those of us who want it. The reality is we are a small percentage. Folly to expect retail sales staff to tailor to us because none of us need to be sold anything. We already know we want. I spent 3 minutes in the store picking up my Passport. I only needed the Rep to go grab one from the back, hand me the box, and swipe my credit card.

For those of you that want popular affirmation that the phone you chose to have is beloved by all, I'm not sure what to advise. I prefer to live outside the herd.
    I still live outside the herd as well. That's why I still own a BlackBerry.
    But if I get the feeling that they don't want my business, then so be it.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    04-14-15 02:30 PM
    Maybe this is Chen's secret plan to get out of the hardware business. If you don't advertise anything anymore, let alone display models even just to make even the last loyalist give up on it, then at some point he has a reason to shut this part down with saying that his phones don't sell at all.
    Good job Chen, it starts working...

Posted via CB10
    It looks that way but we will see
    04-14-15 02:47 PM
    Reading all of these stories makes me think I must live in a pro-blackberry bubble here in Kansas City. Here are some of my experiences:

A couple weeks before the rumored T-Mo launch date I went to the store to see if they had an official date nailed down. They said no, but their manager had just attended an expo about the Z10 and Q10 and came back really enthused about the devices.

When I picked up my Z10 on launch day at T-Mo, they didn't have their demo unit yet. The sales staff watched with interest as I set everything up.

When the Q10 launched, I went back to the store just to play with it. A rep recognized me and asked if I was there to pick up the Q10, and took his own out of his pocket to show me.

When the Z10 launched on Verizon, I went to the store to check it out. It was by the other BB10 phones. I played with the Z30 and the display Z10 for awhile, doing speed comparisons and such. I was approached once asking if I needed help, but I wasn't steered away from them or anything like that.

When I was at T-Mo picking up my Note, apparently my device history appeared on the screen. The rep got excited and said "You had the Z10?? Did you love it??" He said that he had the Z10 until a few months prior when he got an iPhone, but missed it sometimes.

When the Classic and Passport launched on AT&T, I went the first or second weekend they were available. There was a rep at the door signing people in. I asked if they had the Classic and Passport and she pointed to the display. I played with both for a bit, and I accidentally tripped the anti-theft alarm on the Passport. Another rep came to turn it off. Neither rep tried to steer me away from them.

So, if any of y'all find yourself coming through Kansas City and need a new phone, stop by the stores in the suburbs on the Kansas side! I'm sure they'll treat you alright.
    04-14-15 04:19 PM
    I still live outside the herd as well. That's why I still own a BlackBerry.
    But if I get the feeling that they don't want my business, then so be it.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, I would say they want your's and my business because they keep supplying for us. As to business from others, it does not appear likely.
    04-14-15 05:05 PM
    I did the same as well, can't blame AT@T though.....
    demo space is limited and they must display what's going to sell in large volume
    Working on practically straight commission is not a game
    04-14-15 05:22 PM
    Reading all of these stories makes me think I must live in a pro-blackberry bubble here in Kansas City. Here are some of my experiences:

A couple weeks before the rumored T-Mo launch date I went to the store to see if they had an official date nailed down. They said no, but their manager had just attended an expo about the Z10 and Q10 and came back really enthused about the devices.

When I picked up my Z10 on launch day at T-Mo, they didn't have their demo unit yet. The sales staff watched with interest as I set everything up.

When the Q10 launched, I went back to the store just to play with it. A rep recognized me and asked if I was there to pick up the Q10, and took his own out of his pocket to show me.

When the Z10 launched on Verizon, I went to the store to check it out. It was by the other BB10 phones. I played with the Z30 and the display Z10 for awhile, doing speed comparisons and such. I was approached once asking if I needed help, but I wasn't steered away from them or anything like that.

When I was at T-Mo picking up my Note, apparently my device history appeared on the screen. The rep got excited and said "You had the Z10?? Did you love it??" He said that he had the Z10 until a few months prior when he got an iPhone, but missed it sometimes.

When the Classic and Passport launched on AT&T, I went the first or second weekend they were available. There was a rep at the door signing people in. I asked if they had the Classic and Passport and she pointed to the display. I played with both for a bit, and I accidentally tripped the anti-theft alarm on the Passport. Another rep came to turn it off. Neither rep tried to steer me away from them.

So, if any of y'all find yourself coming through Kansas City and need a new phone, stop by the stores in the suburbs on the Kansas side! I'm sure they'll treat you alright.
    I think BB users are in geographical bubbles particularly in the US.
    Living in Socal the only time you'll see a blackberry is if you
    watch Keeping up with the Kardashians. I personally haven't seen one
    since BB was really relevant(US) prior to the iphone4. Where I currently live in Socal
    iphones dominate the consumer market 9 to 1.
    04-14-15 05:28 PM
    I had to go to two different corporate stores before I found one that had the Passport on display AND had one in stock. The first store I went to, the SA told me that BlackBerries could only be ordered online and he had no idea what a Passport or Classic were. He went and got a manager who had to look them up to see what they were. They found me a store within a reasonable distance that had one Passport in stock and off I went!

Second store had a working demo which I was able to check out for awhile. Not one SA came over to talk to me when I was looking at the Passport but as soon as I stepped away and looked at the Note Edge, here they come, ready to talk to me. I asked the SA to confirm that they had the Passport in stock and he confirmed that they did so I told him I wanted it. He looked at me like I was the village ***** or something. He then tried to sell me on a samsung phone or an itoy which I declined and again asked for the Passport.

Needless to say, they do not like selling BlackBerries and I was told that they only keep one in stock at that store of the Passport and order a new one if the one on shelf sells.

I love my Passport and so far, it's superior to any android device and itoy that I've used. Glad to see BlackBerry changing the game with this device

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Passport!
    04-14-15 05:37 PM
    I just bought the passport having come from my previous phones Z10 and Z30 and yes its a different sim. Both the Z10 and Z30 use MicroSIM but the passport uses a NanoSIM

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    Z10 and Z30 have different sim

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    04-14-15 09:38 PM
    Z10 and Z30 have different sim

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    No they don't. They both use a micro SIM.
    04-14-15 09:51 PM
    since BB was really relevant(US) prior to the iphone4. Where I currently live in Socal
    you got that right. i just moved to SoCal and at my workplace about 90% of people use iphones. no lie, i checked.

my team actually makes fun of me for using a BB.
    04-14-15 09:52 PM
    Oh I've only seen one BB10 device in the wild, not counting the Q10 that the guy at the Tmo store had. I'm just saying I haven't received any flack when buying them or checking them out.
    04-14-15 11:11 PM
    you got that right. i just moved to SoCal and at my workplace about 90% of people use iphones. no lie, i checked.

my team actually makes fun of me for using a BB.

Funny Story...which BB are you currently using?
    04-15-15 12:57 AM
    Funny Story...which BB are you currently using?
    the Z10 my friend. looking to upgrade to idk what really.
    04-15-15 01:10 AM
    the Z10 my friend. looking to upgrade to idk what really.
    I'll stay tuned,curious to see if the Apple bug will get to you as well, enjoy the endless sunshine
    04-15-15 01:37 AM
    I'll stay tuned,curious to see if the Apple bug will get to you as well, enjoy the endless sunshine
    haha no way. my immediate family were all iphoners too... i was and still am the only BB on the family plan (we share data). They have since moved to the Galaxy, go figure.

I'm too used to BB10. I've been with BBRY since it was RIM not that long ago... circa 2010. The transition from BBOS to BB10 was just about seamless albeit going from slider (9800/9810) to Z10. Every now and then I think about getting the Classic or Q10 just to see if I would have done better with a 9900ish form factor in my BBOS days. But I want a bigger screen the Z10, period. Plus better specs so that's not happening as of yet.

Maybe a PassPort....? It still hasn't appealed to me yet... and i have yet to see it in person. Anyone in LA seen it in a store?
    04-15-15 02:03 AM
    haha no way. my immediate family were all iphoners too... i was and still am the only BB on the family plan (we share data). They have since moved to the Galaxy, go figure.

I'm too used to BB10. I've been with BBRY since it was RIM not that long ago... circa 2010. The transition from BBOS to BB10 was just about seamless albeit going from slider (9800/9810) to Z10. Every now and then I think about getting the Classic or Q10 just to see if I would have done better with a 9900ish form factor in my BBOS days. But I want a bigger screen the Z10, period. Plus better specs so that's not happening as of yet.

Maybe a PassPort....? It still hasn't appealed to me yet... and i have yet to see it in person. Anyone in LA seen it in a store?
    Stores don't carry the passport, what part of LA are you in?
    04-15-15 02:09 AM
    Stores don't carry the passport, what part of LA are you in?
    well there's that... i'm in Long Beach actually. Work in South Bay.
    04-15-15 02:11 AM
    well there's that... i'm in Long Beach actually. Work in South Bay.
    LB is fairly nice, Pine Street has a great atmosphere.
    I'm further south in the OC. You might want to check
    if the South Bay Galleria has any phone carriers that offer
    the Passport on display but I doubt it. I had 0 luck finding
    the passport on display in LA and OC.
    04-15-15 02:18 AM
    LB is fairly nice, Pine Street has a great atmosphere.
    I'm further south in the OC. You might want to check
    if the South Bay Galleria has any phone carriers that offer
    the Passport on display but I doubt it. I had 0 luck finding
    the passport on display in LA and OC.
    I will try. Makes me wonder how many people have bought the PP without even seeing it first in person.
    04-15-15 02:26 AM
    I will try. Makes me wonder how many people have bought the PP without even seeing it first in person.
    I resorted to watching multiple youtube PP reviews before I eventually purchased mine.
    04-15-15 02:42 AM
    I resorted to watching multiple youtube PP reviews before I eventually purchased mine.
    This is what I did as well. It was still a leap of faith but I am happy with my Passport.
    04-15-15 06:04 AM
78 1234