So I walk into the the store and ask for the "Passport". SA asks what it is and who makes it. I look at him with a "seriously?" look.
    I says "BlackBerry".
    SA takes his tablet and checks as I walk around to look for the display model. All I find is the Classic in the very back corner.
    SA follows me and says he could order it.
    I says "I want to hold it before I buy it". And "you don't buy a car before you drove it, right?"
    SA says "yes, makes sense..."
    I leave the store and wish him a nice day.

This was a corporate store by the way.

Unreal...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 10:10 AM
    Typical AT&T. I took the leap of faith and ordered my AT&T Passport without trying one first, and I'm happy with it. 11 AT&T stores in my city and not a single Passport in any store. Classic is everywhere. You have 30 days to return it if for some reason you decide its not for you. Also have the Body Glove case & holster from AT&T and it's pretty good.

Good luck!
    04-13-15 10:16 AM
    I mean, this really pi$$es me off.
    First of all they have BlackBerry make a special edition with rounded corners, and then a corporate store doesn't even have a damn display model?
    Every other garbage disposal AT&T offers in their lineup was on display, every single one of them!

That cannot break their neck financially to put a Passport on display!
    So here goes another potential customer, interested in going from a Z10 to a Passport and I probably never will, because I cannot hold it in my hands for once. I simply wanted to know if I can cope with the firm factor, because I like the looks.
    Next store is 150 miles away!
    Maybe I just should order it, go to pick it up, hold it and if I don't like it return it immediately if I don't like it.
    But this already put me off so much, that I don't even want it anymore.
    I just stick to my Z10 then...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 10:23 AM
    Go ahead order it, try it and you likely won't return it.

Passport to a w - i - d - e world
    04-13-15 10:46 AM
    Does the Passport have a different SIM card than the Z10?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    I just bought the passport having come from my previous phones Z10 and Z30 and yes its a different sim. Both the Z10 and Z30 use MicroSIM but the passport uses a NanoSIM

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-13-15 11:13 AM
    Yes it dose. Z10 is Micro sims, Passport and Classic are Nano sims
    04-13-15 11:14 AM
    I can see them not stocking them since BB's rarely sell in the states but they should at least have a display model and a working one for people to try.
    Blacklatino and extisis like this.
    04-13-15 11:27 AM
    Yeah, I wanted to compare a yankee passport to mine. the two clerks had never seen one or knew what i was talking about.
    04-13-15 11:29 AM
    I can see them not stocking them since BB's rarely sell in the states but they should at least have a display model and a working one for people to try.
    Exactly! If they make BlackBerry produce a special version with different housing, then put one on display for crissakes!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:34 AM
    Yeah, I wanted to compare a yankee passport to mine. the two clerks had never seen one or knew what i was talking about.
    To this day I still want to know what the world's negativity and hate is towards BlackBerry.
    Perhaps nobody would have iPhones and Androids without them yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:36 AM
    The Passport's form factor can be a little tough to get used to, especially if you're used to a really narrow phone like the Zed. But if you're wanting a keyboard and a wide, beautiful screen, GET IT! It is totally worth the learning curve. Plus the touch keyboard is great for editing documents, works just like the Classic's track pad. And if you're used to flick typing, the option will still be available to you on this phone.
    So worth it, my friend.

 = ♥
    NYTOC83 and vincentkong like this.
    04-13-15 11:37 AM
    To this day I still want to know what the world's negativity and hate is towards BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. I just dont understand it. Clerks get all dumbfounded when i tell them id like to pay with visa and all they see is my passport in my hand. they become all excited asking questions of how i did that, what app is that. when i say its the latest blackberry and blackberries have had this ability for a while, their enthusiasm is gone. its as if they have been brainwashed really.
    04-13-15 11:48 AM
    It's sad. We already know blackberry has the worst marketing team
    04-13-15 11:54 AM
    Me too. I just dont understand it. Clerks get all dumbfounded when i tell them id like to pay with visa and all they see is my passport in my hand. they become all excited asking questions of how i did that, what app is that. when i say its the latest blackberry and blackberries have had this ability for a while, their enthusiasm is gone. its as if they have been brainwashed really.
    Because in their eyes if Apple didn't do it then it hasn't happened yet.
    04-13-15 11:55 AM
    Shows in stock here in silicon valley, California.
    However, it really sucks that an "exclusive" "partner" does not seem to care much about being exclusive or being a partner.
    Even when I bought mine on AT&T launch day, the SA said how much he hated BBRY and asked me if I was SURE I wanted a BBRY!

Went to AT&T Store to test a Passport-capture.png
    04-13-15 12:08 PM
    It still amazes me these threads keep getting posted. Since BB came up with the storm for US carriers to compete with Apple... US carriers have given up on BB. The rule of the day is "indifference" with US carriers and why anyone would expect differently after the last number of years of said indifference is beyond me. By all means post you experiences but really?? Why are you surprised, angry or disappointed... remember the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome... in the case of US carriers it is insanity to expect anything but indifference from them.
    mk2234, 21stNow, jmr1015 and 3 others like this.
    04-13-15 12:10 PM
    I mean, this really pi$$es me off.
    First of all they have BlackBerry make a special edition with rounded corners, and then a corporate store doesn't even have a damn display model?
    Every other garbage disposal AT&T offers in their lineup was on display, every single one of them!

That cannot break their neck financially to put a Passport on display!
    So here goes another potential customer, interested in going from a Z10 to a Passport and I probably never will, because I cannot hold it in my hands for once. I simply wanted to know if I can cope with the firm factor, because I like the looks.
    Next store is 150 miles away!
    Maybe I just should order it, go to pick it up, hold it and if I don't like it return it immediately if I don't like it.
    But this already put me off so much, that I don't even want it anymore.
    I just stick to my Z10 then...

Posted via CB10
    Totally understandable. No matter how much I read the hype and videos for a BlackBerry, the human touch is the final decision for me.
    04-13-15 12:13 PM
    It still amazes me these threads keep getting posted. Since BB came up with the storm for US carriers to compete with Apple... US carriers have given up on BB. The rule of the day is "indifference" with US carriers and why anyone would expect differently after the last number of years of said indifference is beyond me. By all means post you experiences but really?? Why are you surprised, angry or disappointed... remember the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome... in the case of US carriers it is insanity to expect anything but indifference from them.
    I truly hate to agree with you but it is so true at this point.
    mkelley65, Tim-ANC and Flatman like this.
    04-13-15 12:18 PM
    It's sad. We already know blackberry has the worst marketing team
    This is so true I still have not seen any marketing for the PP on tv
    04-13-15 12:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    As I see it in the states, it's not hate from the carriers anyway. It may be for people who use legacy devices for work or play and found them lacking from what other smartphones offered and they don't have a clue how much different they are and if they do they still see this lack of apps they want without all the workarounds.

For carriers it's a simple supply and demand. If there isn't much demand from the people they just won't use up space that only 1 in 300 people ask about.
    04-13-15 12:40 PM
    Here at Telus in Alberta they have functioning display of the passport and classic as soon as you walk into the store. Even before samsung and crapple

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 01:09 PM
    In Bell in Canada u see a working passport and classic on display in every store made me bought one and love it!!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 01:17 PM
    At least their home base has them in the stores.
    04-13-15 01:17 PM
    This post is a tangent to the original post.

My brother was in the AT&T store the other day to look at their version of the Passport. It was no surprise they didn't have one though they did connect him to the local BlackBerry expert, a nice young lady who was sporting a Z10.

He told her I had an original square Passport and she begged him to convince me to bring it by and I obliged.

She loved it and vowed to order an AT&T version for herself.

Our job is clear. We need to team up to get as many AT&T sales personal to get a Passport for themselves.

I'm sure sales of the Passport at that store will rise considerably.

� T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч� Passport � Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 � � Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2708 �
    jskerutis and kthhrrsn like this.
    04-13-15 01:19 PM
78 123 ...