02-14-16 01:24 AM
52 123
tools
    Apple has obviously done an excellent job of marketing; and if their legions of adoring iOS users aren't happy, they are at least willing to act like they are.

I've never used iOS, but in my opinion, BlackBerry 10 is FAR superior to Android, and for a variety of reasons. I'm quite pleased with app availability, even though I only use BlackBerry 10 apps. I've had some experience showing off BlackBerry 10 to other users, and the Peek and Pinch never fail to light up their eyes and bring a smile.

I think you'll be quite happy with your SE. I am, and many other users are. A word of advice: Discount the bitter, cynical forum posts. Look for help as you need it and look for opportunities to help others. Welcome to Club Passport!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Couldn't have said it better!

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    12-28-15 10:43 AM
    I always prefer my Passport to anything else, but a 6s Plus laggy? Whut?
    I bought one three days back in 'Space Grey' and boy is it BLAZING fast! And after 9.2 it's even faster (I got it with 9.xx).
    That was my only surprise.

Anyway, welcome back to the best phone IMO ( closely matched by my Classic's keyboard ;}. )

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 11:11 AM
    This doesn't sound like someone who previously used an iphone. This sounds like a BlackBerry fanboy pretending to be a convert.

I hope I'm wrong and that's not the case. Remember it's just a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I thought. And since when is the iPhone 6S laggy? My folks have iPhone 6's, and they're downright snappy (if slow to navigate due to animations, but not glitchy or laggy...not for another year or two anyway).

LOL i have my iphone 6s plus right here waiting to go back...I dont want to embarrass you by posting a pic of it here with my username.
    Nevermind, here's proof that this thread is bogus ^

Posted via CB10
    BryanVilla and devin266 like this.
    12-28-15 11:18 AM
    The OP, aka The Prince, is full of you know what. While I'm not a fan of Apple, there's no way the 6S is anything but a great device. To claim it is laggy is beyond ridiculous; the OP is merely seeking attention.

As much as I like the SE, the 6S is a better handset for the vast majority of users.

Posted via CB10
    lift, BryanVilla and bodjor like this.
    12-28-15 03:42 PM
    12-28-15 06:03 PM
    Too bad BlackBerry 10 is done...
    12-29-15 02:59 AM
    Sorry the 6s Plus with iOS 9 and the A9 chip is laggy? I don't buy that at all. Reviewers have all been calling it the snappiest chip yet. I'm on a 6 Plus and iOS is far from glitchy, let alone iOS on an A9 chip. It's okay to love BlackBerry 10 and the older Passport but let's not over exaggerate and sound like total BB sheep...
    Smply_Rckless and bodjor like this.
    12-29-15 04:09 AM
    Just remember folks, first and foremost they are just phones and buy the one that best fits you needs.

I have had several passports, z30's a classic and I currently have a Priv and a iPhone 6s and I like both the devices and they both have their good and bad points.
    kekos likes this.
    12-29-15 04:11 AM
    Passport SE is the best smartphone I've ever had in my hands. Period.
    No debate, it's only perception: mine.
    12-29-15 05:12 AM
    Agree passport se is the best

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 06:11 AM
    Look...My iphone 6 was laggy...Upon restarting the device it used to hang for 30 seconds then come back to life. Sometimes it would just freeze whilst doing something...Sending a text, switching between apps etc. On top of that the call quality was laughable. So for me it was a terrible phone and i have had no problems with the passport.

Lets look at the facts...BB10 is not done, its still being developed and has a big enterprise user base. The passport plays flacs files natively...Amazing. In addition the SQ this produces is stunning...Totally blows the iphone to kingdom come.

My only gripe is cannot play youtube videos at 1080p...Only 720p which is weird. Infact all content no matter what seems to default to 720p...Thought this was a full HD panel at 1440x1440?
    12-29-15 06:36 AM
    maybe he is tired of doing that; in and out apps while blackberry is easier cause of the hub and swiping.

no more home button. I kind of relate; windows phone
    I use an iPad a fair bit - almost replacing my Windows laptop - as well as a Classic and a Playbook - still HATE having to look around for the home button! BB is just so much easier to navigate in - profoundly so.
    12-29-15 08:53 AM
    Look...My iphone 6 was laggy...Upon restarting the device it used to hang for 30 seconds then come back to life. Sometimes it would just freeze whilst doing something...Sending a text, switching between apps etc. On top of that the call quality was laughable. So for me it was a terrible phone and i have had no problems with the passport.

Lets look at the facts...BB10 is not done, its still being developed and has a big enterprise user base. The passport plays flacs files natively...Amazing. In addition the SQ this produces is stunning...Totally blows the iphone to kingdom come.

My only gripe is cannot play youtube videos at 1080p...Only 720p which is weird. Infact all content no matter what seems to default to 720p...Thought this was a full HD panel at 1440x1440?
    That's because your holding it wrong....
    12-29-15 09:21 AM
    Too bad BlackBerry 10 is done...
    Any serious proof for the words? Otherwise it's just a bleating.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 09:36 AM
    That's because your holding it wrong....
    12-29-15 11:17 AM
    Any serious proof for the words? Otherwise it's just a bleating.

Posted via CB10
    Every recent interview with John Chen, by who's counting.
    12-29-15 01:57 PM
    Hi everyone,

I was an iOS user for a long time. Recently bought an iphone 6s plus...Found it to be glitchy, laggy and overall an unpleasant experience. Everything seemed a chore...going in and out of apps constantly, poor in ear speaker quality (rattles), poor OS...i could go on.

I then began to look into Blackberry, i had one back in 2009...But never thought about it until now. I loved the style of the SE. Looks so different and industrial. My iphone is waiting to be returned and bought an SE. All i can say is Wow...This is a real phone. No gimmicks, no nonsense and it just works. Great build, great OS...fast and fluid.

I truly feel the vast majority of people have been hoodwinked by apple marketing. There is nothing i miss about iOS. The SE is all the phone i need and more. Im very happy.

Cheers everyone

Very smart! The Passport SE is amazing!

  
    12-30-15 02:55 AM
    The OP, aka The Prince, is full of you know what. While I'm not a fan of Apple, there's no way the 6S is anything but a great device. To claim it is laggy is beyond ridiculous; the OP is merely seeking attention.

As much as I like the SE, the 6S is a better handset for the vast majority of users.

Posted via CB10
    LOL!!! Funny...

  
    12-30-15 02:58 AM
    Hi All,

I need help I am about to jump back into the Blackberry World. I have been using iphone 6s Plus for a little while - also got myself a BB priv, although I love this phone - it feels an Android with few BB bits. So I have sent for a Silver Passport. Of course at the end I will decide after using all 3, but not being very technical I would not want to miss anything that would make me to reach the wrong decision. One of my reservations will be the form factor of the passport. I would appreciate any comments from anyone that has moved from iphone/android to the passport.

Thank you
    02-11-16 10:17 AM
    I might be moving back to android only because the lack of OS support is worrying. But I know deep down I won't get that passport experience.
    Also what's swaying me is the pretty awful camera

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 10:55 AM
    Welcome back.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    02-11-16 08:33 PM
    I just got my Passport today. I couldn't be happier!!!!!! I have missed BlackBerry so much. Work swapped us from the bold to the iPhone three years ago. That was three years of missing out so I decided to go the two phone route. The work iPhone 6P and now my personal passport. I am stocked.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 08:51 PM
    Hi everyone,

I was an iOS user for a long time. Recently bought an iphone 6s plus...Found it to be glitchy, laggy and overall an unpleasant experience. Everything seemed a chore...going in and out of apps constantly, poor in ear speaker quality (rattles), poor OS...i could go on.

I then began to look into Blackberry, i had one back in 2009...But never thought about it until now. I loved the style of the SE. Looks so different and industrial. My iphone is waiting to be returned and bought an SE. All i can say is Wow...This is a real phone. No gimmicks, no nonsense and it just works. Great build, great OS...fast and fluid.

I truly feel the vast majority of people have been hoodwinked by apple marketing. There is nothing i miss about iOS. The SE is all the phone i need and more. Im very happy.

Cheers everyone

Correct choice if you are looking for a phone to work best for you, nothing can beat BB10.
    I am using an OG PP and thinking of having a 2nd device for other demands of entertainment.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 08:58 PM
    I've got an iPhone 6s and my red passport should be here tomorrow. I'm a little excited. Lol
    02-11-16 09:12 PM
    Bb10 is really good. I just wish some private vendor would sell updated android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 04:21 AM
52 123