Ok - got an microsoft surface, will do I guess, it has an usb port...do I need anything else there on?

Posted via CB10
    Thats perfect. You may as well install the desktop software Link (which contains the usb driver). You can also use the "Factory Restore" option from Link (altho it may or may not be the newest OS).

Desktop Software BBLink is here: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ware-downloads

Note that this software CAN be installed on your Mac. The autoloader, however will NOT run on a Mac.
    06-11-20 06:19 PM
    Thats perfect. You may as well install the desktop software Link (which contains the usb driver). You can also use the "Factory Restore" option from Link (altho it may or may not be the newest OS).

Desktop Software BBLink is here: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...ware-downloads

Note that this software CAN be installed on your Mac. The autoloader, however will NOT run on a Mac.
    Tku!
    I see, does Link work on MacOS Catalina though?
    Couldn't I samewise just do swipe over the air, like manually on the PP directly, I had always done it that way, years ago though

Posted via CB10
    06-11-20 07:12 PM
    Tku!
    I see, does Link work on MacOS Catalina though?
    Couldn't I samewise just do swipe over the air, like manually on the PP directly, I had always done it that way, years ago though

Posted via CB10
    Don't know if Link works on Catalina (try it for kicks and uninstall if it doesn't work- while you are at it try Blend also). You can do the wipe right on the PP directly but you probably will not get the newest OS as in the autoloader from post #10. Also that wipe is notoriously slow and unreliable (quite often it hangs for hours and then you are forced to use an autoloader anyway).
    06-11-20 07:27 PM
    I did the whole procedure with Autoloader (reminded me of the days of webOS and the tools) all seems fine except:
    - my Google account, does not take the contact data, only the names are synced; no phone nbr, e-mail and adresses!! And also the calendar gives error msgs and doesn't sync with google
    - Telegram Foss seems unstable, which was better before the Autoloader

Now having: PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.3216

Any ideas anybody?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 06:39 AM
    Don't know if Link works on Catalina (try it for kicks and uninstall if it doesn't work- while you are at it try Blend also). You can do the wipe right on the PP directly but you probably will not get the newest OS as in the autoloader from post #10. Also that wipe is notoriously slow and unreliable (quite often it hangs for hours and then you are forced to use an autoloader anyway).
    I got it done with my windows surface, was fun - but Google seems not to work fine in regards to contacts and calendar...help needed here

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 03:00 PM
    I got it done with my windows surface, was fun - but Google seems not to work fine in regards to contacts and calendar...help needed here

Posted via CB10
    Sorry not much help from me as I don't have Google connected in any way to my Passport. However, somewhere here on the forum is a thread or 2 dealing with this. Maybe do a search and you will find it. Glad to hear you autoloaded ok!
    06-15-20 03:41 PM
    Sorry not much help from me as I don't have Google connected in any way to my Passport. However, somewhere here on the forum is a thread or 2 dealing with this. Maybe do a search and you will find it. Glad to hear you autoloaded ok!
    OK - you don't have any apk's installed, only bar?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 03:48 PM
    OK - you don't have any apk's installed, only bar?

Posted via CB10
    No, I have about 13-14 apk's right now but none require Google Play Services of course and most of them are FOSS from F-Droid app store.

Tip that you may already have surmised : Run as few as possible android apps on your device. The more you have the worse the performance.
    06-15-20 03:53 PM
    No, I have about 13-14 apk's right now but none require Google Play Services of course and most of them are FOSS from F-Droid app store.

Tip that you may already have surmised : Run as few as possible android apps on your device. The more you have the worse the performance.
    I remember that, as few as possible - how again, do I see if it is an App depending on Google services? ... there was this other app, where you could see it and stop them aswel, can't remember the name...

I would need an alternate to Google for contacts, mail and calendar, but hope fully not Microsoft, I hate BG! - whatelse is there?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-20 04:07 PM
    whatelse is there?
    Well my primary email is through my provider (in Canada - Shaw). I do have a gmail address, of course, but it's tied to my android device only. I also have a "garbage" email from an older ISP that I've kept for about 15 years.

The apps just will not work if they require Google Services, so no worries there. No apps in F-Droid have any dependency on Google. They are pure android open-source apps. The Telegram app from F-Droid (which I use), for example, does not even depend on Google Maps for it's location services. It uses OpenStreet. The problem with F-Droid however, is the lack of well known apps. My two most widely used apps from there are Telegram and RedReader (Reddit client that works better in my Passport than the native Reddit in Motion). Both of these are excellent as far as being easy on the battery and useage. I also use Currency, and Droidshows quite often. Anything opensource will be much easier on battery life and generally run smoother as far as android apps go. At least that is my experience.
    06-15-20 04:29 PM

I would need an alternate to Google for contacts, mail and calendar, but hope fully not Microsoft, I hate BG! - whatelse is there?

Posted via CB10
    How to sync Google Contacts with BB10

How to sync Google Calendar with BB10

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-21-20 12:45 PM
    Tku!

Did the whole procedure, but still google contacts will not sync fully, just headers; meaning names and that's it - no phone nbr, email or street and city
    06-21-20 12:51 PM
    Tku!

Did the whole procedure, but still google contacts will not sync fully, just headers; meaning names and that's it - no phone nbr, email or street and city
    Hmm, haven't heard of that before.
    Reboot and give some more time to fully sync.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 12:53 PM
    Hmm, haven't heard of that before.
    Reboot and give some more time to fully sync.

Posted via CB10
    Actually - I had done it incorrectly, just realized.
    However - deleted all Google acounts and rebooted, then added per procedure CardDav, but would even go further than main page - an unexpected error...
    Sad...
    Also realized all the contacts that are there are Telegram contacts, most of them I've never even texted

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 01:36 PM
    Actually - I had done it incorrectly, just realized.
    However - deleted all Google acounts and rebooted, then added per procedure CardDav, but would even go further than main page - an unexpected error...
    Sad...
    Also realized all the contacts that are there are Telegram contacts, most of them I've never even texted

Posted via CB10
    I can assure you that the procedure is bulletproof if you follow it exactly.
    06-21-20 02:38 PM
    I can assure you that the procedure is bulletproof if you follow it exactly.
    Well I cannot confirm, however I now sync with Outlook, works good and fast - even I really don't like them both Google and Microsoft...

Posted via CB10
    06-21-20 02:40 PM
41 12