I thought a one handed device like the Classic would be better for work over my Passport SE, I was wrong. While the Classic is a good device in its own right, guess I'm spoiled by my Passport SE.
    My Passport SE just seems to work first try on everything. First time I tried all of Colbat's Google stuff, worked just fine. Any Android apps I download like Spotify, work with no trouble, I've been very lucky I guess. My Passport SE runs Android apps better than some Android phones.
    This was not the case on the Classic, everything was a huge job to set it up and I did the same things that I did on my Passport SE. When I finally did get things working there was a lag, now maybe if I had never used the Passport SE, I would not of really noticed the lag but once you have, you can see the difference.
    I had old school Blackberry phones so the tool belt was nothing new to me and I felt like I missed it but once going back to it, I missed how the Passport handled things' I like scrolling with my keyboard, I like swiping up to pick the word I want. Guess I just got use to this unique keyboard and the Classic felt like a step back.
    Anyway, I sent the Classic back, once ya got the best "Passport SE" nothing else will do. Now this is not to start a which phone is better thing, this is really more of a love letter to my Passport and to say sorry for ever doubting it. Having to use two hands is a small price to pay for the joy of using the best phone in my humble opinion that has ever been made.

Posted via CB10
    mitul_mehta likes this.
    04-24-16 11:07 AM
    Well, I went from an OG Passport to a Z30. I can tell you the experience is completely different. I can install and run everything I've tried on the Passport, without noticeable lacks. Spotify and Musixmatch work just fine, no lag.

I might get an SE one day, but right now.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 11:32 AM
    Should use what works best for you. For me, I need my PKB. I've never used a Z30, but in my eyes, a Blackberry has a PKB or it looks just like what everyone else has.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 12:03 PM
    ... Having to use two hands is a small price to pay for the joy of using the best phone in my humble opinion that has ever been made.

Posted via CB10
    Not with me. My typing experience with two fingers is excellent on the PP SE. )
    Went back to my Passport SE-img_20160424_190443_edit_resize.jpg
    Photo taken with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 12:10 PM
    Not necessarily, IMO. BB10's VKB is totally UNLIKE any other VKB out there--or even combined. I was a PKB lover with my Passport for a little over a year (still is, I guess), but now I am also a VKB lover--and not just any VKB, at that--the BB10's VKB!

Ask around. I'm not the only one thinking this way.
    David Tyler likes this.
    04-24-16 12:12 PM
    For small texts, virtual keyboard might be okay.
    I would prefer PKB over virtual keyboard, and that tactile keypad is awesome, also good to search apps instead of navigating thru menus.
    And SE has the best mobile PKB, money can buy

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 12:44 PM
    In my opinion - once used to it, the PP SE's keyboard is a beast. I love typing on it and honestly, if you do type longer texts you'll use two hands most of if not all the time. Since the Passport was my first BlackBerry device I was 'used to' the speed and the less laggy android apps which is awesome. But after I tried out the Q10 and the Classic I totally noticed the delay in comparison to my PP, especially when using the FB Messenger.
    Still I prefer a q10 and as of recently my new blue Classic for the use outside of a building for some quick tasks (in the train or while on the move), this is where these devices shine, especially the Classic with its integrated trackpad which makes even one handed text editing a breeze.
    So yeah every device has it's strength and weakness, you just need to know that and make use of it efficiently.
    For media consumption and meeting with friends I rather like to have the classic and my iOs phone (which hopefully can be replaced by one of BBs new midrange phone) though, just seems to be more handy and I have to mention that I don't have large hands.

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    04-24-16 01:03 PM
    For small texts, virtual keyboard might be okay.
    I would prefer PKB over virtual keyboard, and that tactile keypad is awesome, also good to search apps instead of navigating thru menus.
    And SE has the best mobile PKB, money can buy

Posted via CB10
    Small texts? I've written pages of articles and translations on the VKBs of the Z10, PlayBook, and now the Z30.

Like I said, BlackBerry 10's VKB is unlike any other VKB ever existed. Simply incomparable.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    04-24-16 01:05 PM
    Small texts? I've written pages of articles and translations on the VKBs of the Z10, PlayBook, and now the Z30.

Like I said, BlackBerry 10's VKB is unlike any other VKB ever existed. Simply incomparable.

Posted via CB10
    While BlackBerry vkb is better than others, what's your opinion about typing softwares like swiftkey flow etc? Had to rely on such softwares to make typing on touchscreen like a breeze.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    04-24-16 04:36 PM
    Nope; you're not. I love my SE, but I thought the Z10 and Z30 VKBs were fantastic. This was after a year with a Sammy Galaxy SII giving me so many headaches I thought I'd never try another VKB. I can really fly with the BlackBerry 10 VKB -- it really does stand alone.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    04-24-16 05:14 PM
    While BlackBerry vkb is better than others, what's your opinion about typing softwares like swiftkey flow etc? Had to rely on such softwares to make typing on touchscreen like a breeze.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    I've tried those and don't like them. None of them are on the same class with BlackBerry in terms of combining two or more languages at once when typing, the predictive texts, and auto correct capabilities. BB10's VKB truly learns from the user almost to the point like it has a living mind. I'm not kidding. It's amazing and scary at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    psurani and xKingHopy like this.
    04-24-16 08:02 PM
    My Passport SE knows what I'm going to say most of the time now. I do more swiping up then texting most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    Wise Owl likes this.
    04-24-16 11:50 PM
    I did the opposite: got rid of my Passport SE for a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 10:54 AM
    I did the opposite: got rid of my Passport SE for a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    What's the story, if I may? The SE's keyboard not as good as the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 10:56 AM
    What's the story, if I may? The SE's keyboard not as good as the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    It's a story with a lot of back and forth between the two devices. (I'm surprised Shop BlackBerry will even still ship to me with the extensive return and reorder history of mine!) To summarize:

Reasons for SE:
    Beautiful screen optimized for reading
    Superior battery life
    Superior call quality, including speakerphone

Reasons I kept returning the SE:
    Slightly cumbersome to use with one hand
    ***Found myself wasting far too much time on it*** (drawback to it's beautiful screen, hard to put it down!)

Reasons for Classic:
    More portable, easier to use one handed
    Battery still lasts all day
    Camera quality is actually BETTER than Passport
    KEYBOARD

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 11:33 AM
    It's a story with a lot of back and forth between the two devices. (I'm surprised Shop BlackBerry will even still ship to me with the extensive return and reorder history of mine!) To summarize:

Reasons for SE:
    Beautiful screen optimized for reading
    Superior battery life
    Superior call quality, including speakerphone

Reasons I kept returning the SE:
    Slightly cumbersome to use with one hand
    ***Found myself wasting far too much time on it*** (drawback to it's beautiful screen, hard to put it down!)

Reasons for Classic:
    More portable, easier to use one handed
    Battery still lasts all day
    Camera quality is actually BETTER than Passport
    KEYBOARD

Posted via CB10
    For me, the Classic just lags soooo much on tasks that the Passport has no issue with. On top of that the battery life of the passport is a good 20% better for slightly more usage. If I wasn't so worried about wearing out the PP's sim cover, I'd be switching back and forth quite often...
    04-25-16 04:03 PM
    For me, the Classic just lags soooo much on tasks that the Passport has no issue with. On top of that the battery life of the passport is a good 20% better for slightly more usage. If I wasn't so worried about wearing out the PP's sim cover, I'd be switching back and forth quite often...
    Agreed.
    Though I don't feel that much of lag when web browsing or writing mails/texts. You clearly notice the lag when using android applications though.

04-25-16 04:21 PM
    Not necessarily, IMO. BB10's VKB is totally UNLIKE any other VKB out there--or even combined. I was a PKB lover with my Passport for a little over a year (still is, I guess), but now I am also a VKB lover--and not just any VKB, at that--the BB10's VKB!

I had the z10, then the z30 and then Passport since October 2014.
    I had never thought I would go back to PKB.
    I still have my Z30 but almost never use it.
    The Passport keyboard is out of this world and very innovative. It beats the Z30 PKB in everything. I use my Passport as a laptop, z30 cannot perform that function anywhere as well as the Passport and IT IS slower. The faster hardware on the Passport does make a difference.
    04-26-16 05:59 AM
    I had the z10, then the z30 and then Passport since October 2014.
    I had never thought I would go back to PKB.
    I still have my Z30 but almost never use it.
    The Passport keyboard is out of this world and very innovative. It beats the Z30 PKB in everything. I use my Passport as a laptop, z30 cannot perform that function anywhere as well as the Passport and IT IS slower. The faster hardware on the Passport does make a difference.
    Not for me. The keyboard of my OG Passport was stiff. I had been using it extensively for a year without getting it any softer. It's tiring to use. The last 4 or 5 months before selling it I typed a lot with my wife's Z10, and even the Playbook--in portrait mode. I've completed many articles and translations with those two as oppose to the Passport. Which then brought me to the decision to sell it and get a used Z30 in a very good condition. It's been a week ever since and I haven't regretted my decision yet, like, at all. I'm enjoying myself working with the Z30.

In terms of computational power, I don't see nor feel bogged down or anything. Battery is indeed not as lasting, but I still got a day out if it.

Having said that, I still want to get an SE, just for the promise of the softer keyboard, but not now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 04-26-16 at 06:57 AM.
    04-26-16 06:35 AM
    Not for me. The keyboard of my OG Passport was stiff. I had been using it extensively for a year without getting it any softer. It's tiring to use. The last 4 or 5 months before selling it I typed a lot with my wife's Z10, and even the Playbook--in portrait mode. I've completed many articles and translations with those two as oppose to the Passport. Which then brought me to the decision to sell it and get a used Z30 in a very good condition. It's been a week ever since and I haven't regretted my decision yet, like, at all. I'm enjoying myself working with the Z30.

In terms of computational power, I don't see nor feel bogged down or anything. Battery is indeed not as lasting, but I still got a day out if it.

Having said that, I still want to get an SE, just for the promise of the softer keyboard, but not now.

Posted via CB10
    You should give the SE a try. The keyboard does make a difference.
    Used to own an OG aswell so I can relate

04-26-16 07:48 AM
    You should give the SE a try. The keyboard does make a difference.
    Used to own an OG aswell so I can relate

Most def, bro. Just not right now. I'm waiting for the price to get cut down significantly, so I can get the 2nd hand even cheaper.

Heh. Can't justify forking a fortune for a platform with uncertain future. Even if I literally crave the keyboard and the OS is super excellent. The moment they plug it off, it'll all go out the window. The least I could do and owe myself is getting back half of my investments by selling all of my BB10s (OG Passport, Q10 and PlayBook) and then buying one 2nd handed--that's my current Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 04-26-16 at 11:29 AM.
    04-26-16 08:37 AM
    I have the Passport SE and the Z30, I rarely use the Z30 and am currently selling it. I have way too many phones laying around in my drawer and I have decided to keep the SE. I really like the pkb and the screen. like a mini laptop, like someone else has expressed
    04-27-16 10:27 AM
    like a mini laptop
    Yeah, I refer to it as "my handtop".
    OriginalLucy and sesp9 like this.
    04-27-16 10:41 AM
    Since I sold my SE I missed the Hub and the phone itself. I am an android fanboy yes. I have had every Samsung phone including note 5. and own a nexus 6. But something about the passport se ..I think it's a great phone. So lo and behold I just purchased another SE and I don't regret it for a second. I will keep my nexus 6 for android days and use my passport as my daily driver. Oh and the Priv....not for me . . . if it had a full hub experience and quality build . . . maybe. Glad to be back can't wait to get it : )
    Marcaroni likes this.
    04-29-16 12:22 PM
    Yeah, I refer to it as "my handtop".
    Nice one! You should trademark it!
    04-30-16 12:50 AM
26 12