What does "reset data package, power cycle your phone" exactly mean, what is the procedure? Sorry this is very new to me
    Nothing, he means to reset the phone by restarting it. I would not do what he's suggesting (no offense to the poster). Not every carrier will provision a generic IMEI and not just that...if the device is carrier locked, a generic IMEI provisioned on the account will not make a difference because the phone won't accept the SIM. It has nothing to do with the carrier.
    12-10-14 12:43 PM
    Why would it come with a micro sim not a nano sim, that sounds fishy.

Posted with my awesome passport!!!!
    12-10-14 04:26 PM
    I was trying to do something with my IMEI number yesterday and noticed something odd: when I do *#06# the IMEI number displayed has an extra digit apparently... you should go to the "About" under settings and check the Hardware and the IMEI will have the correct number of digits.
    12-11-14 05:52 PM
    UK Vodafone cannot unlock the phone. The phone is not branded or inventoried in their system. You need to go to the CA carrier that has that phone in the system. Almost better off selling it and buy a factory unlocked version.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 06:49 PM
    Agreed!!! Buying factory unlocked is definately the BETTER way to go!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 08:28 PM
    Very strange. If misery loves company, I too am having a big issue getting my Z30 unlocked. The same thing, no unlock company can find my phone in any database. This phone was part of 20 Z30's I got all at once when I switched my company from Telus to Rogers. I've now contacted Rogers to try and find out what the heck is going on as I've run out of unlocking companies to try. The real irony of this is I left Telus because of unlocking issues with a warranty replacement phone and now I can't get any of the 20 phones unlocked. I'll be hearing back from Rogers soon I hope.
    Why not put the onus on the carrier. In Canada the carrier must be compliant with federal rules and provide a code to unlock the phone for the (usually) $50 cost I believe after 90 days if you were subsidized for the phone, or immediately if you purchased from the carrier for full unsubsidized cost.

If the carrier says they can't do it, then advise them if they do not provide an unlock code, or swap your device for a NEW non refurbished phone that they can unlock, then you will file a complaint with CCTS (Contact Us | CCTS � CPRST)

Once you file a complaint CCTS will contact the carrier. You will get action (likely a swapped for new device if they really can't provide an unlock code).
    12-11-14 08:36 PM
    Well excuse me, but buying another Passport is out of the question they are quite expensive!!

I'm so desperate, Vodafone can't help me, I don't know which canadian carrier this phone is supposed to be. It's not a canadian phone! I have my Vodafone UK sim on it and it's workign so it MUST be a vodafone UK locked phone no doubt about this.

Cellunlocker.net have answered me. No IMEI found on their database.

I went to imei.info and when i put my IMEI an old samsung youn phone comes up.

This is so frustrating :'(
    12-12-14 12:44 AM
    Well excuse me, but buying another Passport is out of the question they are quite expensive!!

I'm so desperate, Vodafone can't help me, I don't know which canadian carrier this phone is supposed to be. It's not a canadian phone! I have my Vodafone UK sim on it and it's workign so it MUST be a vodafone UK locked phone no doubt about this.

Cellunlocker.net have answered me. No IMEI found on their database.

I went to imei.info and when i put my IMEI an old samsung youn phone comes up.

This is so frustrating :'(
    You can't return it and get a refund?
    12-12-14 01:38 AM
    Return, get refund and buy an unlocked phone. It's strange that some operators still lock phones in 2014. Here, we're over that for ten years? Maybe even more.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    12-12-14 01:53 AM
    I'm in tears. I payed 500€ for this crap which I can't use. Vodafone UK won't help me, Blackberry says it's a hardware problem, that the PIN and the IMEI don't match and I need to return it and talk to ebay, but eBay doesn't take returns. I don't know what to do this is hopeless :'(
    12-12-14 02:42 AM
    Why would it come with a micro sim not a nano sim, that sounds fishy.
    Some carriers are now using micro-SIMs which contain nano-SIMs (i.e. the micro-SIM is an adapter with the nano-SIM already fitted to it). Flex the micro-SIM a little and the nano-SIM pops out. It's probably cheaper to do it that way than to have to carry stocks of both micro and nano.
    12-12-14 03:00 AM
    Ask seller from Ebay for a proof of purchase, if he cannot provide you one witch imei which mach your phone then open the case on Ebay!
    When you will have right proof of purchase send a photocopy to Vodafone UK as a proof the phone is from them.
    Proof of purchase can be provided by any Vodafone shop to the buyer at any time, in case it's lost.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 03:48 AM
    I did that, i'm awaiting response. What really bothers me is that i checked imei.info again and it still shows an old samsung phone as a result. I also checked my Q10 and the result is correct.
    12-12-14 03:53 AM
    Ok I just talked to VF again. They are telling me that my phone number is still not associated with any device. That I have to wait 72h, so the device is associated to the vodafone number and then I might be able to request the unlock code. Does this make sense?
    12-12-14 04:40 AM
    By what I understand and what I think, the biggest problem is that you doing all that from Spain. It all could be much quicker if phone and you is physically in UK.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:23 AM
    Ok I just talked to VF again. They are telling me that my phone number is still not associated with any device. That I have to wait 72h, so the device is associated to the vodafone number and then I might be able to request the unlock code. Does this make sense?
    Yes that makes sense. I've had to do the same with T-Mobile once.

Just follow their directions and be patient.

What I didn't understand is that you said the phone wasn't working and it was a piece of crap.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:34 AM
    By what I understand and what I think, the biggest problem is that you doing all that from Spain. It all could be much quicker if phone and you is physically in UK.

Posted via CB10
    That seems like the root of the problem.
    Had similar issue when I got a sim in Singapore and tried to activate in Japan. To register for first time you need to be in the network region of the locked sim.
    Option
    : ask vodafone to help you as a special case and they can communicate with vodafone.uk to let them register your phone on network in your country

: sell your phone on ebay.uk

: give your phone and sim to someone going to UK where they can register it and bring / mail it back to you.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 07:43 AM
    Yes that makes sense. I've had to do the same with T-Mobile once.

Just follow their directions and be patient.

What I didn't understand is that you said the phone wasn't working and it was a piece of crap.

Posted via CB10
    That was me angry talking :S
    12-12-14 08:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well I asked specifically about this, the girl called her manager and told me he said it didn't matter and it would register with the network even if I'm operating with VF Spain. They told me I have to wait 72h
    12-12-14 08:30 AM
    I have new details about this. I'm still waiting for tomorrow to call VF to see if the device is registered with them. I contacted my ebay seller and told me the was bought at BRIGHTHOUSE UK. I went to their website and they indeed sell VF's Passports! If tomorrow the device isn't registered I'll ask them if there's any problem with devices sold by this people
    12-14-14 04:12 AM
    All this smell bad for me. It's taken for two years contract, if seller will fail with payment it can be blocked forever.
    The price and interest on this deal is a rip off.
    Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 04:49 AM
    Brighthouse sells goods on finance (weekly or monthly payments) usually. The seller may not have really owned the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:04 AM
    All this smell bad for me. It's taken for two years contract, if seller will fail with payment it can be blocked forever.
    The price and interest on this deal is a rip off.
    Posted via CB10
    The simcard in the box was a pay-to-go card, so I don't think it's contract. Plus, on the website it shows that you can buy it cash.
    12-14-14 05:10 AM
    Could you please post a picture of this screen on your pp.

Weirdest thing ever with the BB Passport-img_20141214_113459.png

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-14-14 05:36 AM
    Could you please post a picture of this screen on your pp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141214_113459.png 
Views:	504 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	320667

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    here:
    Weirdest thing ever with the BB Passport-img_20141214_125528.jpg
    12-14-14 05:56 AM
61 123