Hi!

I posted this in the unlock forum but nobody is willing to lend me hand :S

I currently have a case opened at Blackberry and Vodafone UK so I can be able to unlock the phone, paying whatever it is. The weirdest thing that ever happened to me with a phone has happened with this Passport.

When I got the device I contacted an unofficial unlocker, payed 30$ and gave it my IMEI. The answer was: "the IMEI is not in the database" I of course got the refund. I try it directly with Vodafone UK, put 20 pounds on the sim card so they can charge the unlocking fee, and the answer is "the IMEI provided doesn't seem to be with us". Ok, then I concact blackberry through twitter, really scared and explain the situation. They ask for my PIN number, give them the PIN number in settings>about>hardware and tell me it's not a correct PIN!!

I am awefully scared since I paied quite a lot for this device. It's not avaliable where I live (Spain) so I had no other choice than buy it abroad.

Does someone ever had a similar issue? Or does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you!
    12-10-14 07:51 AM
    Where did you buy it from? Do other BlackBerry (that require a BBID) features work (like BlackBerry World, BBM, Protect)?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 07:55 AM
    Everything is working perfectly but just over wifi since i can't get my vodafone spain sim to work in it. I got it from an ebay reseller. The phone is new and sealed so i doubt it's a fraud, the seller had only great reviews on ebay. The box also came with the vodafone uk pay to go sim etc.
    12-10-14 08:13 AM
    Hmmmm really weird issue.. i have heard before that some carriers are having problems with PP.. don't know what the reason is though

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 09:42 AM
    Hi!

I posted this in the unlock forum but nobody is willing to lend me hand :S

I currently have a case opened at Blackberry and Vodafone UK so I can be able to unlock the phone, paying whatever it is. The weirdest thing that ever happened to me with a phone has happened with this Passport.

When I got the device I contacted an unofficial unlocker, payed 30$ and gave it my IMEI. The answer was: "the IMEI is not in the database" I of course got the refund. I try it directly with Vodafone UK, put 20 pounds on the sim card so they can charge the unlocking fee, and the answer is "the IMEI provided doesn't seem to be with us". Ok, then I concact blackberry through twitter, really scared and explain the situation. They ask for my PIN number, give them the PIN number in settings>about>hardware and tell me it's not a correct PIN!!

I am awefully scared since I paied quite a lot for this device. It's not avaliable where I live (Spain) so I had no other choice than buy it abroad.

Does someone ever had a similar issue? Or does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you!
    Do you have any BBM friends on your Passport? If the PIN is really incorrect, you won't be able to use BBM.

Type 'mypin' and you can then have your PIN added to your message to BlackBerry. That helps to ensure that it's not mistyped.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    12-10-14 09:52 AM
    I've had basically the same issue as you unlocking the device. In my case I received a device from Telus but the device was not provisioned yet on the Telus network, hence nobody could find an unlock code for it. On the side of your box should be the details of where the phone originated. Could you take a look and post a picture so we can try and identify the origin? I suspect it will be one of the Canadian carriers. Make sure you obscure the IMEI so you don't get somebody abusing it.

If it needs to be registered with a carrier first you might have a tricky situation on your hands, but let's take it one step at a time.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 10:42 AM
    I do have bbm friends and whom i chat with everyday, so that's working. Here's a picture of the box which i cropped so the imei isn't shown.

Thank you very much to all for your responses
    Last edited by roivila; 12-11-14 at 04:33 AM.
    12-10-14 11:02 AM
    I do have bbm friends and whom i chat with everyday, so that's working. Here's a picture of the box which i cropped so the imei isn't shown.

Thank you very much to all for your responses

Attachment 319831
    Does that pin match the one that shows up when you type: mypin ?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:05 AM
    Easy solution! Call your service provider and get them to enter a generic IMEI on your account reset your data package and you should be good to go!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:07 AM
    It's Canadian.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:09 AM
    @cellphonejunkie My service provider or the one the phone is locked to?

Also, i just thought of something really stupid that might be the answer to all this. i never cared to insert the simcard that came in the box since i wasn't going to use it. Could this be why vodafone uk don't see this device on their database?
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    12-10-14 11:10 AM
    Does that pin match the one that shows up when you type: mypin ?

Posted via CB10
    It's the same showing under settings>about>hardware
    12-10-14 11:17 AM
    Have you used Vodafone UK pay as you go sim card to unlock your device?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:27 AM
    No, the simcard was not on the device when i requested the unlock code to vodafone uk
    12-10-14 11:29 AM
    But, i topped with 20pounds (the unlock cost) and gave the phone number associated with the said simcard to vodafone uk.
    12-10-14 11:30 AM
    Very strange. If misery loves company, I too am having a big issue getting my Z30 unlocked. The same thing, no unlock company can find my phone in any database. This phone was part of 20 Z30's I got all at once when I switched my company from Telus to Rogers. I've now contacted Rogers to try and find out what the heck is going on as I've run out of unlocking companies to try. The real irony of this is I left Telus because of unlocking issues with a warranty replacement phone and now I can't get any of the 20 phones unlocked. I'll be hearing back from Rogers soon I hope.
    12-10-14 12:09 PM
    That's interesting...if it was a Canadian carrier device it should have Telus/Rogers/Bell SKU stated on the side of the box. Where did you buy the device from (I know eBay, but where is the seller located)? Also, I found that BlackBerry Code Source tends to be able to find the difficult unlock codes. Did you try them?
    12-10-14 12:11 PM
    Bbcodesource where the first i tried, and the first to tell me the imei wasn't on a database.

The ebay seller is located in the uk. On the box of the passport there is a vodafone logo also.
    12-10-14 12:24 PM
    Bbcodesource where the first i tried, and the first to tell me the imei wasn't on a database.

The ebay seller is located in the uk. On the box of the passport there is a vodafone logo also.
    Get a Vodafone SIM and activate the phone on their network. Then get them to unlock it. If that can't work, within a few days you should be able to unlock it using 3rd party unlockers. The reason why the phone can't be found is because it was never registered with the home network for which it was issued, in this case Vodafone.

Carrier locked phones have to be first registered on the home network before they can be unlocked, either by the home carrier or by a 3rd party. Typically, carriers will do this as they receive and stock their devices, however, sometimes they forget to do it or the inventory moves faster than they can register the devices with their network so they never do it. In these cases an unlock code cannot be found until the device is registered and 24-72 hours go by for the IMEI to propagate through all of the registration systems.
    anwar saeed1 likes this.
    12-10-14 12:27 PM
    Ok there resides the mistery, I was dumb enough not to put the provided sim in the passport in the first place... Thing is it's a microsim not a nano sim, well, i'll cut it... Thank you a lot
    12-10-14 12:30 PM
    Get a Vodafone SIM and activate the phone on their network. Then get them to unlock it. If that can't work, within a few days you should be able to unlock it using 3rd party unlockers. The reason why the phone can't be found is because it was never registered with the home network for which it was issued, in this case Vodafone.
    Is suppose once i put the sim in the device it will automatically be activated right? I don't need to do anything special?
    12-10-14 12:31 PM
    Is suppose once i put the sim in the device it will automatically be activated right? I don't need to do anything special?
    I would get an original nano SIM from Vodafone. I would not use the micro SIM and cut it. You can damage the SIM tray. It's not worth the risk.

The Vodafone SIM has to be activated as well to register with the network, so maybe you can set up a cheap prepaid account or something? I've done that with Telus Passports in Canada since I'm a Bell customer but was buying locked Passports from Telus and unlocking them.
    12-10-14 12:36 PM
    @cellphonejunkie My service provider or the one the phone is locked to?

Also, i just thought of something really stupid that might be the answer to all this. i never cared to insert the simcard that came in the box since i wasn't going to use it. Could this be why vodafone uk don't see this device on their database?
    Your service provider! Make sure your account is provisioned with a generic IMEI, reset your data package,power cycle your phone and its good to go.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 12:38 PM
    Your service provider! Make sure your account is provisioned with a generic IMEI, reset your data package,power cycle your phone and its good to go.

Posted via CB10
    What does "reset data package, power cycle your phone" exactly mean, what is the procedure? Sorry this is very new to me
    12-10-14 12:40 PM
    I would get an original nano SIM from Vodafone. I would not use the micro SIM and cut it. You can damage the SIM tray. It's not worth the risk.

The Vodafone SIM has to be activated as well to register with the network, so maybe you can set up a cheap prepaid account or something? I've done that with Telus Passports in Canada since I'm a Bell customer but was buying locked Passports from Telus and unlocking them.
    My vodafone uk sim has a phone number, i can make call and recieve them, does that mean it's activated?

Thank you all a lot, you don't know how much you are helping me!!!
    12-10-14 12:41 PM
61 123