Hello again fellow Passporter's! I have a very good friend and colleague who has moved back to China. The only social app allowed is WeChat, had it on my K2. I have tried several older APK versions of the app from their website, but none will work. Does anyone know of a version that will work with our Passports? I only need it for this one contact, and this individual and his family is worth the effort. Please let me know. Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-28-19 04:54 PM
    Hello again fellow Passporter's! I have a very good friend and colleague who has moved back to China. The only social app allowed is WeChat, had it on my K2. I have tried several older APK versions of the app from their website, but none will work. Does anyone know of a version that will work with our Passports? I only need it for this one contact, and this individual and his family is worth the effort. Please let me know. Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    This was the last working version for BB10:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/wechat...-apk-download/

No idea if it stills works though. Pretty sure you need to sign up on an Android device first.
    08-28-19 05:35 PM
    This was the last working version for BB10:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/wechat...-apk-download/

No idea if it stills works though. Pretty sure you need to sign up on an Android device first.
    Unfortunately, it keeps asking to download the newer version and won't allow login. Do I have any other alternatives? Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-28-19 05:49 PM
    Unfortunately, it keeps asking to download the newer version and won't allow login. Do I have any other alternatives? Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    Nope. That's it. The newest version that will work on BB10 has been deprecated. You're out of luck.
    08-28-19 05:51 PM
    Nope. That's it. The newest version that will work on BB10 has been deprecated. You're out of luck.
    OK. Appreciate the attempt. Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-28-19 05:53 PM
    OK. Appreciate the attempt. Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    Can confirm that there is no version of WeChat that will work on BB10 anymore. There is a remote possibility (or there used to be) that an early ver 6 apk would work IF you signed in via Facebook but I never tried since I don't have a FB account. There is a thread here on CB explaining the process.
    08-29-19 01:10 AM
    Thank you. Will check it out.

Posted with my Passport
    08-29-19 12:12 PM
    Hoping one day someone from heaven will post link of working wechat apk

Posted via CB10
    10-16-19 09:56 AM
    Hoping one day someone from heaven will post link of working wechat apk

Posted via CB10
    If it's important to you, you should get a device that WeChat supports.
    10-16-19 10:03 AM
    I have..
    Love to be bringing only one phone instead of two.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-19 10:54 AM

Posted with my Passport
    Install VPN app from playstore, I was in Xiamem China for 2 months, any free VPN app will work, u can access all banned stuffs like youtube, fb, Google, whatsapp and all!!!

Posted via CB10
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-16-19 10:56 AM
    Install VPN app from playstore, I was in Xiamem China for 2 months, any free VPN app will work, u can access all banned stuffs like youtube, fb, Google, whatsapp and all!!!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I'll check it out.
    10-16-19 12:08 PM
    An Android VPN app won't do any good. You need to sign up for a VPN that supports bb10, like Nord VPN. Then you configure settings in the built in VPN settings page under Networks and Connections.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-19 07:21 PM
    An Android VPN app won't do any good. You need to sign up for a VPN that supports bb10, like Nord VPN. Then you configure settings in the built in VPN settings page under Networks and Connections.

Posted via CB10
    It would be the friend in China that needs to use a VPN...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-19 09:58 PM
    I even have trouble with WeChat on Android. Honestly, I created an account, and right away I got a message saying my account has been blocked due to suspicious activity. Thanks, guys.
    10-16-19 11:44 PM
    It would be the friend in China that needs to use a VPN...

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I meant "you" as in "one."

Posted via CB10
    Ben xfg likes this.
    10-17-19 05:36 AM
    @Munchkinguy,
    Using WeChat does not allow the use of VPNs and any other anonymizers. If the company's analyzers suspect you of using a VPN or any other suspicious activity, the IMEI, phone number and account are added to the black list. Therefore, in order to continue using the application, you must change both the phone number and the device itself. If you buy another SIM card and insert it into your device, you’ll get a ban again. If you put your SIM card in another device, you will also get a ban. Do not forget that this is not just a messenger, but also a banking application and a virtual passport, which is why there is such a security system. It is almost impossible to remove the ban.
    I had to verify my phone number 20 times and then find someone else to vouch for me, but I got in. Not sure if I want to keep using such antagonistic software, but their policy is that you have to use your account for 2 weeks before deleting it, so I guess I've got to use it for a while.
    10-17-19 08:00 AM
    I had to verify my phone number 20 times and then find someone else to vouch for me, but I got in. Not sure if I want to keep using such antagonistic software, but their policy is that you have to use your account for 2 weeks before deleting it, so I guess I've got to use it for a while.
    Honestly, the Chinese IM apps (WeChat, QQ Mobile) should be avoided - unless you want to include "the party" in all of your conversations.
    Hope123 likes this.
    10-17-19 08:02 AM
    Agreed! As I stated, I will only have one contact on "The Peoples App"! My only reason to have the app at all is for my esteemed friend and colleague and his lovely family. Thank you for all the helpful suggestions,

Posted via my Passport
    10-17-19 04:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    I meant his friend in China can install VPN, and instead of Wechat he can use whatsapp and other messengers to talk with the OP.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-18-19 08:36 AM
    I meant his friend in China can install VPN, and instead of Wechat he can use whatsapp and other messengers to talk with the OP.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I get that. And I'm saying it's still better to use a VPN that can be configured directly in BB10 network settings, not run from an emulated Android app.
    10-18-19 09:38 AM
    Yes, I get that. And I'm saying it's still better to use a VPN that can be configured directly in BB10 network settings, not run from an emulated Android app.
    No good working VPN for bb10 I guess! And yes if u know a good working VPN, u can surely mention so others can also use!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-19 12:06 PM
    No good working VPN for bb10 I guess! And yes if u know a good working VPN, u can surely mention so others can also use!

Posted via CB10
    Sure, there are.

I mentioned Nord VPN earlier in the thread. Also, Proton VPN can work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vpn+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    10-18-19 12:09 PM
    @Munchkinguy,
    A large number of the country's population requires control and tough policies, otherwise there will be chaos. They can be understood in this, especially with so many twins living in the country. If you do not have a high need to use Chinese instant messengers - avoid them.
    I'm confused now. What do Chinese politics have to do with the number of twins in the country?
    10-18-19 11:56 PM
    I'm confused now. What do Chinese politics have to do with the number of twins in the country?
    Me too!

Posted via my Passport
    10-19-19 07:18 PM