Lately, several websites have given me the "site blocked, this site has been identified as a security risk...." message. Any way around this?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-21 02:23 PM
    Lately, several websites have given me the "site blocked, this site has been identified as a security risk...." message. Any way around this?

Posted via CB10
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/lets-encrypt-certificate-update-procedure-1192161/
    10-09-21 02:29 PM
    Thank you. Do I need to do a restart after?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-21 02:57 PM
    Thank you. Do I need to do a restart after?

Posted via CB10
    Don't think so.
    10-09-21 02:59 PM
    While that solution may work, I think the simpler solution is outlined below...I resolved the problem soley on BB10 alone and didn't need to import files.

This is not how I solved the ISRG Root X1 certificate problem. How I solved it did not involve downloading certificates.
    Instead it involved finding the hidden certificate that recently expired and fixing the Trust checkbox in the BB10 settings:
    1) Swipe down to open Settings on BB10 from one of your Home screens (not the Browser).
    2)Scroll down to [Security and Privacy] and select it
    3)Scroll down to [Certificates] and select it.
    4) Search for ISRG ... ISRG Root X1 will show up in the resulting list select it
    5) Uncheck the Trusted checkbox
    6) go to your browser and go to the site that was previously blocked - it still will be but under [Certificate Info] it will now show another certificate (that it didn't show when ISRG was checked as trusted). This new Certificate in this case is DST Root CA X3, (it isnt new, it was just hidden). This is an expired certificate and seemed to be causing the problem. It expired Sept 21 2021. Go back to [Settings][Security and Privacy][Certificates] search for DST Root CA X3...select it (you will see the expiry date if you look) then unmark the Trusted checkbox.

7)now search for ISRG certificate again, and select, and now check the checkbox again as Trusted. Voila your website being blocked will stop!! Hurray. Verify this in your browser. I don't think you have to reboot. But if it doesn't work then reboot.
    So it seems you have to look at certificate chains in the setting to see if there is a bad ie expired certificate in the chain, if there is it will block you from accessing websites that depend on it.

In my case it was Wikipedia and a bunch of other sites, and it didn't start failing till October 2021 due to the expired but hidden certificate. Follow the same general procedure if there are other certificates out there causing problems. Good luck everyone, the Native Browser is good again!
    10-31-21 04:43 AM