Dear Friends! I decided to buy BB PP SE for daily work and use at home, on the road and in office - like PP=PC+Tablet+Phone
    For me the main things I need are convenience in typing (I use MS Office a lot, about 10 hours a day), Adobe Acrobat, etc., and also autonomy. I am working in the sphere of science, so I work with a lot of researches and databases. I need to read them, analyze, systematize. And I am also doing a lot of administrative work, that is why I always have hundreds emails every day and I should response on them very quickly, so I really work online. I also have a lot of calls and sms every day from my colleagues. I use Facebook and LinkedIn, Viber and Skype? WhatsUp, BBM for work.
    I am absolutely don't satisfied with the Priv device that I bought 3 weeks ago. It's a slouch device in every sense (for me better to buy Note 5).
    Thanks for everyone - in other topics many of You told me that PP SE is that what I really need for my sphere of work.
    But in my work I use internet 24 hours a day - the same importance as mail.
    I really like safari in ios 9 devices and Chrome for me is the second good and fast browser that I can mention.
    And I am afraid that BB10 browser on PP SE will be much worse that safari or chrome.
    Whether there is any comparison and the most important can You tell me about Your own experience of using these browsers?
    Many thanks!
    01-08-16 02:30 AM
    I have a black passport, a MacBook 12 inch with Safari and Firefox, and a Linux laptop with Firefox. At work I have a Linux workstation with Firefox and Chrome, but I never use Chrome, for reasons of privacy.

If I set the same privacy levels on Safari as in the blackberry browser, the Mac is useless as a media playing device on most websites.

I have not encountered any problems with the BlackBerry browser and if you need flash you should also download Zeus.
    01-08-16 04:33 AM
    I'm not sure if your question.
    But I use Android chrome and BlackBerry browser.

I find BlackBerry browser to be much easier to navigate than chrome on an Android.
    And BlackBerry browser tends to pull up full web pages more often. Where Android chrome almost always only pulls up mobile web pages.
    01-08-16 05:05 AM
    Dear sorinv, is Safari on MB 12 faster than BB10 browser on your black PP? I do not understand what is useless about MB12?
    01-08-16 06:02 AM
    Dear sorinv, is Safari on MB 12 faster than BB10 browser on your black PP? I do not understand what is useless about MB12?
    He was saying, if hee sets safari to all the same security levels as he did the BlackBerry browser, than safari becomes useless. Because safari security levels than start blocking allot if things that BlackBerry browser wouldn't.
    01-08-16 06:22 AM
    Well, I understood. Thank You.
    01-08-16 06:29 AM
    And if I won't put such settings? I really do not need them.
    Last edited by ViktorOTitov; 01-08-16 at 06:47 AM.
    01-08-16 06:30 AM
    Safari on the macbook seems faster. But the BlackBerry browser is fast enough and speed is mostly a network issue.
    Safari does not work on websites that leave cookies, if I disallow cookies.
    On some of these websites, the BlackBerry browser still works.
    01-09-16 04:27 AM
    And if I won't put such settings? I really do not need them.
    If you do not set up security features in safari, it works fine, but I would avoid that.
    The fact that most websites do not work well in safari when security features are on has improved my image of Apple.
    They seem to have taken security and privacy seriously of late.
    My macbook is encrypted. So is my Passport. I cannot view my macbook files from the passport with Blend unless I decrypt the Mac.
    Same goes with copying files from the passport to the Mac.
    01-09-16 04:36 AM
    I have a Q10 and a Z10. I have used Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS, even though I haven't used either nearly as much as the BB10 browser.
    In my experience, although the browser speed and stability has gone down slightly since 10.2.1, it is still a very good browser. On my Q10, it's possibly not quite as fast as Safari and Chrome on flagship devices, but very close. And I think it'll be even quicker on a PPSE, which has beefy specs.
    In my experience, it is also very much more intuitive than counterparts on other platforms because of its simplicity - one menu on each side, that's it. And it allows you to view downloads (which Safari does not, for crying out loud).
    As a bonus, it's easier for scrolling because of the keyboard shortcuts and gesture sensitive keyboard.
    So to sum it up: Don't worry about it! The PPSE has got you covered.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 04:58 AM
    I don't use IOS, but one thing I noticed was the IOS users can't search web pages. For example, if you have a long web page, you can hit the s key on a passport to search for text in the web page.

This summer we were travelling with another parent for a sporting event. We wanted to check some results for a previous event. The results were for three hundred or more competitors. I asked the other parent to search for a name in the results. She said the web page didn't have a search function. I told her to use the search function of the browser. She was using an iPhone and if I understand correctly, there is not a search function built into Safari like on a Mac.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 08:58 AM
    Get to know the web shortcuts on the keyboard.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    01-09-16 09:36 AM
    I don't use IOS, but one thing I noticed was the IOS users can't search web pages. For example, if you have a long web page, you can hit the s key on a passport to search for text in the web page.

Posted via CB10
    You can search Web pages on iOS, you do that by bringing up the share sheet and pressing find on page.
    Attached Thumbnails WEB/INTERNET experience on PP SE vs Safari in IOS9 vs Chrome in Android-image.jpg   WEB/INTERNET experience on PP SE vs Safari in IOS9 vs Chrome in Android-image.jpg   WEB/INTERNET experience on PP SE vs Safari in IOS9 vs Chrome in Android-image.jpg  
    01-09-16 10:40 AM
    Sounds like you didn't take the time to learn how to use the priv, so I believe you'll have the same problem with the passport (you're blaming the device for your lack of willingness and time it takes to learn how to get the most out of its features).

Fyi BlackBerry passport is by far the best smartphone browser on the market. 'r' is the reader mode hotkey. It is by no means perfect though.

Cons of BlackBerry browser: no flash so you need to use an alternate browser to view some videos.

Fyi chrome sucks: that's the basis of me dismissive to this discussion.

Opera is way better than chrome and firefox is good for reading.

Delete chrome.

thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 01:13 AM
    Browser speed demo here,

Note: the browser is sped up by competent qwerty navigation and use of the universal search.

What slowed me down was a crappy wifi connection.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 01:17 AM
    I am using a Passport and a iPad mini 2. Passport is better than iPad mini2 in Web browsing. I tried Priv for two days. Not impressed at all with Chrome, not to mention how slow it is on my T410s, compared to ie.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 05:22 AM