Hi all

I've had a Q10 since release and just recently bought a Passport (non-SE, unlocked, no carrier). I've had it for about a week now. I carry both phones with me, with the Passport leeching off the Q10 mobile hotspot. Latest official OS 10.3.2.2639

Just the other day, I was sitting at home, turned on Location Services, went into the Maps app, and it didn't locate me. I went into the BB Virtual Expert app began the GPS Test. Sure enough, it didn't locate a single satellite. I thought it was strange since I was always able to use Location-based apps indoors with my Q10, so I picked up the Q10 and ran the same test, and it immediately detected anywhere between 4 to 10 satellites during repeat tests. The Passport, which is right next to it, picks up none. I then picked up the Passport and stuck it right against the window pane, and it finally picked up a satellite or two. I then went outside and tried the same tests. Q10 consistently picked up 15-16 satellites, while the Passport picks up about 4. Currently, the Q10's GPS signal is vastly superior to that of my Passport's.

I tried rebooting, turning off the phone completely, and rebooting using the volume keys, to no avail. The phone is still brand new with very little usage, and never dropped.

Any ideas? Really appreciate it
    10-27-15 01:54 AM
    I got to agree that passport has a weaker gps signal than other BlackBerry phone I used to own. I also notice lost gps signal during very cloudy weather while my other phone is just fine. After all you should try it outside in open space especially during initial start up. It will take up to few minutes. It should work but not as good q10. Still work perfectly for day to day outdoor use though. Some countries allow to use car window tint that contain metal like those NASA uses. This will also hinder the full functionality of your gps in the car for some.

Posted via CB10
    I got to agree that passport has a weaker gps signal than other BlackBerry phone I used to own. I also notice lost gps signal during very cloudy weather while my other phone is just fine. After all you should try it outside in open space especially during initial start up. It will take up to few minutes. It should work but not as good q10. Still work perfectly for day to day outdoor use though. Some countries allow to use car window tint that contain metal like those NASA uses. This will also hinder the full functionality of your gps in the car for some.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:24 AM
    Thanks for sharing that. Can others confirm that their Passport's GPS is significantly weaker than their other phones so that I know it's not a defect?
    10-27-15 05:33 AM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639

GPS as good or better than past BlackBerry models I've used.
    10-28-15 02:03 PM
    GPS is weaker then a an elderly grandma

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 07:22 PM
    GPS on my Passport as good or better than GPS on my Z30.
    10-29-15 07:45 AM
    My z30 picks up signal faster than my passport. It takes a while for the passport to get a signal but when it does, it locks on.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 11:34 PM
    Indoors, I have to stick the Passport against the window pane and wait at least a minute for it to pick up a satellite or two. It is quite awful. My Q10 picks up several satellites right away no matter where. Oh wellz. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't defective.
    11-04-15 11:09 PM
    Shouldn't reception depend on your location? I havent had any difficulties locating satellites (hope I won't in the future). I occasionally use it for walking and twice in a cross-European bus trip. After 1-2 minutes, it would lock and locate me. I live in Denmark, though and I use Navfree.

As for the native Maps, my experience has been terrible. Aside from the fact that you need data, the navigation is terrible, it got me lost for an important meeting in the very city centre (this happened last year).
    Since then, I never used them and I never will.

Posted via my Black Passport
    11-05-15 02:13 AM