why could BlackBerry not just give Passport owners the option to install an Android autoloader onto their phones and they are not responsible if you screw it up and brick your phone. I would do it in a minute for as much as I prefer BB10 it's at the point now where support is non existent and things are starting to be killed that was supported but install Android and it's a new phone again.
    Because first they'd need to spend 6-9 months developing a current-ish version of Android to run on it (we're assuming you are't looking for a dev Lollipop build with known issues). And, then, once you had it, you'd inevitably want BB to *maintain* it.

BB has better things to do with their time and money than create a new OS build for a 3-year-old phone, especially since they've mostly left the smartphone business itself. What's in it for BB? Only more losses.
    11-13-17 06:23 PM
    I know what I want....no more threads about wanting a passport running android
    Crackberry lol

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-13-17 06:53 PM
    The fact the dev Droidport existed proves that it IS possible. It would not cost BlackBerry much - if anything - other than the time to make the autoloader and the steps to install. Heck they could even make a few bucks selling off the remaining stock of Passports because if there was a path to Android a LOT of old Passport users would come back because of the unique and useful form factor. If the will was there I a non OHA image could be made as that was pretty much how the Android mod community was started but that also requires a level of geek sophistication in installing the OS then adding Google Apps that your average phone user lacks. However most of us sporting Passports could navigate those waters with relative ease. Look how many did pretty much that to get the Android runtime on their phones. Sadly though , that will not happen anytime soon.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-13-17 10:33 PM
    The fact the dev Droidport existed proves that it IS possible. It would not cost BlackBerry much - if anything - other than the time to make the autoloader and the steps to install. Heck they could even make a few bucks selling off the remaining stock of Passports because if there was a path to Android a LOT of old Passport users would come back because of the unique and useful form factor. If the will was there I a non OHA image could be made as that was pretty much how the Android mod community was started but that also requires a level of geek sophistication in installing the OS then adding Google Apps that your average phone user lacks. However most of us sporting Passports could navigate those waters with relative ease. Look how many did pretty much that to get the Android runtime on their phones. Sadly though , that will not happen anytime soon.
    Why spend a dime on 3 year old hardware? What is the ROI?

Plus, no licencee would produce a new non-OHA-certified device. Period.
    11-13-17 10:39 PM
    If it's a fact that it's possible, you should just go ahead and do it, and prove conite wrong. That'll show 'em, right?

Or, you could just learn the difference between a fact, an opinion, and a desperate wish. That would certainly be quicker, and it would save you a lot of frustration and heartache.
    as i said before it is possible but really hard!
    + i never wished to have an android passport, as matter of fact what makes passport mostly different from other devices alongside its form factor is BBos 10.
    and read the comments with a little bit more patience so you can get the idea of person who wrote it.
    what i was saying was the actual road map to install android on the device(not in detail but in general) and if you search a bit they saied(google) it is impossible to build android 6-7-8 for nexus 4 which currently in xda we have Oreo (8.0) for it.
    hope you got my idea and the way i see things.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-15-17 06:14 AM
    + i never wished to have an android passport, as matter of fact what makes passport mostly different from other devices alongside its form factor is BBos 10.
    and read the comments with a little bit more patience so you can get the idea of person who wrote it.
    what i was saying was the actual road map to install android on the device(not in detail but in general) and if you search a bit they saied(google) it is impossible to build android 6-7-8 for nexus 4 which currently in xda we have Oreo (8.0) for it.
    It's possible someone could win the lottery, but the lottery commission wouldn't be able to sell tickets as retirement plan....
    11-15-17 07:07 AM
    The Nexus 4 does not have Hardware root of trust.
    11-15-17 11:41 AM
    I need a customized Lambo with four doors.

Posted via CB10
    Don Juan Sanchez likes this.
    11-16-17 06:00 AM
    The Nexus 4 does not have Hardware root of trust.
    Still on the wrong side
    That was just an example of people and company say things are impossible but actually they're not!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-17 10:19 AM
    I need a customized Lambo with four doors.

Posted via CB10
    If I recall correctly there is actually one lambo with 4Doors and it is called Estoque.
    So congrats bro you got your wish!

Posted via CB10
    Don Juan Sanchez likes this.
    11-16-17 10:22 AM
    Still on the wrong side
    That was just an example of people and company say things are impossible but actually they're not!

Posted via CB10
    You don't seem to understand the technology side of it.

And btw, Google never said installing custom roms was impossible on the Nexus 4. As a matter of fact, it came with an easily unlockable bootloader - "fastboot oem unlock". That's it.
    11-16-17 10:26 AM
    You don't seem to understand the technology side of it.

And btw, Google never said installing custom roms was impossible on the Nexus 4. As a matter of fact, it came with an easily unlockable bootloader - "fastboot oem unlock". That's it.
    Read my post again.
    I didn't said Google said it is impossible to install custom ROM.
    Well I can see how you understand the technology side of it!
    Just for notice: I do have NEXUS 4 and currently it is on my own build of android 8.0

Posted via CB10
    11-16-17 12:58 PM
    Just for notice: I do have NEXUS 4 and currently it is on my own build of android 8.0

Posted via CB10
    Of course. It's easy. Unlocked bootloader and no hardware of trust.
    11-16-17 01:12 PM
    And a partridge in a pear tree.
    11-17-17 02:40 AM
    You.
    Stop speaking for everyone else.

I don't need a Passport running on Android.
    If I do, I will just get a Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-17 01:15 AM
  16. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    impossible

 BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.3.2163
    11-20-17 01:42 AM
    Here is a render of a "KEYᵒⁿᵉ XL" which is half the difference in width between a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and a Passport, with a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Huge. 7.5 oz.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3d7de53cf7.jpg
    Perfect - but let's call this the KeyTwo

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 02:51 AM
    I'd settle for an updated android runtime, I would even gladly pay for it every year.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-23-17 12:15 PM
    I want a pet moose.
    I'm on board for the moose
    11-23-17 02:07 PM
    We need a BlackBerry Passport Android with a 4:3 or 3:2 screen aspect ratio and
    a snapdragon 630 or a better midrange processor
    12mp OIS must.
    IP68 rating
    Nano diamond coated screen
    Stereo speakers
    Amoled screen 5 inch.
    Tbh I'd rather just have an updated passport that runs BB10 lol.. A fully supported BB10, however.
    11-23-17 03:18 PM
    Tbh I'd rather just have an updated passport that runs BB10 lol.. A fully supported BB10, however.
    It has full support and the part time intern doesn't appreciate your accusatory tone......
    nucks26 likes this.
    11-23-17 06:15 PM
96 ... 234