Is a blackberry passport water resistant, mine feel in a pool for about a min and it's still working. Or it was just pure luck

Brand new Passport
    08-13-16 11:28 AM
    Thinking of doing it again in front of my friends, it'll be really cool

Brand new Passport
    08-13-16 11:31 AM
    To my knowledge there is no waterproofing on the passport. You could be lucky but water damage can take some time to eventually brake your phone. Use it and hope your device don't die.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 01:43 PM
    Pure luck! Next time luck says "ha ha, f**k off"... usually what happens to me. Don't do it!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 01:57 PM
    Pure luck! Next time luck says "ha ha, f**k off"... usually what happens to me. Don't do it!

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree. Dont try it another time. Mine fall in water for a second and it is not working anymore.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 02:10 PM
    Is a blackberry passport water resistant, mine feel in a pool for about a min and it's still working. Or it was just pure luck

Brand new Passport
    How long ago? If it was recent as in hours, I would suggest shut it down and submerge in rice or other suitable drying agent. As another poster mentioned, sometimes it can take a while for water damage to result/manifest. My Z30 worked for a couple hours after it's first submerging then died. Got it to work perfectly thereafter after a thorough drying out and battery replacement.

If incident occurred days ago then you are indeed fortunate imho.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 03:14 PM
    DO NOT DO IT! Use a good quality ziplock bag if you intend to use it in the pool! Just suck out all the air when you seal all but a tiny bit and then close that off, it will be water-tight. I did so in the pouring rain a few times during my bike commute home. Saved the day.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:38 PM

Brand new Passport
    Hey then why not be brave & bold and temp fate go 20 thousand leagues under thhe sea?!!!

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    08-13-16 04:50 PM
    There is a video in youtube which shows blackberry passport and samsung galaxy. Both submerged under water, the guy was amazed to find the blackberry passport survived and was even better when compared to the water resistant galaxy.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 08:34 PM
    There is a video in youtube which shows blackberry passport and samsung galaxy. Both submerged under water, the guy was amazed to find the blackberry passport survived and was even better when compared to the water resistant galaxy.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I saw that video too but the guy who did that video it wasnt recording hours after so I bet his passport was shut down!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 09:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    That guy did something to his Passport before. It was strange that he got the warning with "sound to loud" when he turn the sound higher and that happens only if you have you headsets connected to your phone. I think he did something to his phone before that.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 05:34 AM
    That guy did something to his Passport before. It was strange that he got the warning with "sound to loud" when he turn the sound higher and that happens only if you have you headsets connected to your phone. I think he did something to his phone before that.

Posted via CB10
    I believe, the water permeating deeper into the headphone jack might have shorted the contacts. And thus, the sound. :-). Anyways, I am really impressed with this device. The mighty PP ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 06:17 AM

Brand new Passport
    So, is your passport still working fine? Please update.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 06:18 AM
    I dont think he has a working phone to update lol

Posted via CB10
    Kowal likes this.
    08-16-16 02:22 AM
    I suggest you don't try it again (especially just to basically show your friends) unless you're okay to let the phone go..

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 03:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have watched enough Mythbusters episodes debunking YouTube videos to take the attitude that things on YouTube are often FAKED.
    As a general rule, plunging electronic devices worth hundreds of dollars into water is DUMB, with a capital "K"!
    08-17-16 09:30 AM
    Put it in rice, it's working well, but battery drains fast

Brand new Passport
    08-26-16 02:50 PM
    Thanks I put it in rice, it's working, but battery is acting up

Brand new Passport
    08-26-16 02:51 PM