So I have a feeling I know the answer to my question (SOL), but still going to ask.

I have had the Passport for just under one year, two weeks ago it just started struggling connecting to my carrier's network. Over the next few days the problem degraded to the point where it was completely unable to connect. Everything else on the phone worked completely fine, just unable to connect to the network.

Take it into the shop to get a look, they can't fix it so it gets sent to the repair shop. Just got word there was water damage, is irreparable, and not covered by warranty.

Anything I can do? I assume my vendor has a foolproof defense - I did notice the water indicator had turned red, I just have no clue from what. But any repair places that can do something for me?

Pretty rattled right now, no way can I afford to replace at this point.
    09-29-15 03:40 PM
    You can buy another device. This is pretty much a ******** thread. If there is water damage then what the "F" are bothering is for?
    09-29-15 04:13 PM
    Several reasons:

Never had water damage before, so don't know if it is an absolute or if there is grey area (ie. things can be fixed)
    I do not remember it getting wet, so I assume it was very minor amount of water. It was not dumped in a tub or anything.
    This is a forum titled "ask a question", so I asked a question.
    I'm rattled because my $700 piece of electronics is likely toast, so I'm grasping at straws for a solution.

Sorry for being so inconsiderate.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    09-29-15 07:03 PM
    You're not inconsiderate, I am a ****. But water damage is water damage. $200 or $900 dollar phone. Water negates any warranty other than extended warranty that specifically covers water.
    09-29-15 07:32 PM
    I figured, I was more asking if there are any others people/companies/magicians that can fix issues caused by water damage, or if that is that. As I mentioned I figure I am SOL, but I have nothing to lose at this point, so looking for that magical cure if it at all exists.

Cheers for confirming my thoughts
    09-30-15 08:42 AM
    Bin it or use it as a beer mug coaster. Even if you somehow get it to work it'll never be the same again.

Posted from an ME173X
    09-30-15 09:23 AM
    The only thing I can recall reading in the past, was to remove the motherboard, and wash it in distilled water (sans impurities) then dry it thoroughly in some form of desiccant.

You've nothing to loose at this point.

By the way, keeping it in your pocket while sweating will also make it water damaged.
    09-30-15 09:26 AM
    Thanks all, I'm moving through the five stages....getting close to acceptance
    09-30-15 01:21 PM