Went to the store and played with it for about half an hour. Love that the keyboard can be used for scrolling. Keyboard feels weird. Don't like that to type numbers I gotta use the touchscreen. Love the big display. So I bought the last one they had

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:50 PM
    Went to the store and played with it for about half an hour. Love that the keyboard can be used for scrolling. Keyboard feels weird. Don't like that to type numbers I gotta use the touchscreen. Love the big display. So I bought the last one they had

Posted via CB10
    Lol love at first touch

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:52 PM
    Hahah i did the same thing!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:52 PM
    Don't like that to type numbers I gotta use the touchscreen.
    Posted via CB10
    You don't have to touch the screen to type the numbers. If you look carefully, each number has a letter representing it. Type the letter and the number will appear.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    austriker likes this.
    09-25-14 09:54 PM
    You don't have to touch the screen to type the numbers. If you look carefully, each number has a letter representing it. Type the letter and the number will appear.

Whoa mind blown. 1337!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:56 PM
    Shall i wait for the Visa guys?

Posted via Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154
    09-25-14 09:58 PM

Not true. Numbers have shortcuts only when in a number field. At least for me. There are definitely some hickups in the software that need to be fixed, though.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:00 PM

Thanks for the tip! Didn't know!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:00 PM
    Not true. Numbers have shortcuts only when in a number field. At least for me. There are definitely some hickups in the software that need to be fixed, though.

Posted via CB10
    No he is right, the numbers and symbols have shortcuts everywhere (assuming you bring them up by swiping down on the keyboard) unless you start tapping them on the screen, then the shortcuts go away.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:23 PM

Unfortunately, the letter shortcuts only appear when you swipe down on the keyboard. If you use the disclosure button on the screen, when, for example, you need to enter a string of numbers, then the letter shortcuts disappear. Some little things like that definitely need work.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:36 PM
    There's that word again:

weird/wi(?)rd/

adjective
    suggesting something supernatural; uncanny.

noun
    a person's destiny.

verb
    induce a sense of disbelief or alienation in someone.

Yeah baby!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    09-25-14 10:39 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Love at First Touch.... The BlackBerry Passport

Lol...Passport new marketing campaign!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:49 PM
    Unfortunately, the letter shortcuts only appear when you swipe down on the keyboard. If you use the disclosure button on the screen, when, for example, you need to enter a string of numbers, then the letter shortcuts disappear. Some little things like that definitely need work.

Posted via CB10
    That's not what I experienced when, for example, I tapped on the subject area to type in a phone number for texting and the numbers appeared with keyboard shortcuts. I typed in all 10 numbers with the keyboard.

So is there some kind of inconsistency with the numbers and keyboard shortcuts then?

09-25-14 10:49 PM
    Ok cool, from the phone screen I can type the letters, and numbers appear just like the bold and Q10.

What I meant was typing numbers like here. I need to hit the @123 button on the touchscreen, which opens up a number keypad on screen. Much slower to type phone numbers or addresses.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:54 PM
    Ooh wait, swipe down to access keypad WITH letters!!! Awesome!

But only let's me type one number at a time. Any way to keep it so I can type an entire phone number?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:00 PM