Hello All, I am getting ready to send my Passport back to BlackBerry for a warrant repair on the front facing camera as it is within the 2yr warranty, my question is does anyone know how long this will take?, as I have to send to retailer who will then send to BlackBerry for repair or replacement under the warranty.
    I know 2-3 working days to send to retailer and I take also 3-4 working days for retailer sending to BlackBerry then maybe 1wk turnaround for BlackBerry, they send back to retailer? Or myself?
    So by my thinking 4wks unless anyone knows different.

Posted via my magical Passport with BB10 none of Droid rubbish!
    06-23-16 06:18 AM
    I thought the warranty was limited to 12 months for regular devices? Porsche devices or hardware covered by Care Protection Plan should have 24 months though.

Via Pasta CB10
    06-23-16 06:40 AM
    I thought the warranty was limited to 12 months for regular devices? Porsche devices or hardware covered by Care Protection Plan should have 24 months though.

Via Pasta CB10
    I spoke with @BlackBerryHelp went through all the phone checks BBVE etc and they confirmed it was a 2ys warranty and just send it back to themselves for warranty repair or replace, not sure about Porsche handsets so can't say for definite.

06-23-16 07:21 AM
    Hello All, I am getting ready to send my Passport back to BlackBerry for a warrant repair on the front facing camera as it is within the 2yr warranty, my question is does anyone know how long this will take?, as I have to send to retailer who will then send to BlackBerry for repair or replacement under the warranty.
    I know 2-3 working days to send to retailer and I take also 3-4 working days for retailer sending to BlackBerry then maybe 1wk turnaround for BlackBerry, they send back to retailer? Or myself?
    So by my thinking 4wks unless anyone knows different.

Why is your front Camera Broken? What happend?

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-29-16 09:05 AM
    Hi, it turned out to be a hardware issue but BlackBerry have said send it back for repair under the warranty, so they may just replace.

06-29-16 10:19 AM

Via Pasta CB10
    If you're in the EU, there should be a mandatory 2 year period for warranty. That's what we get in DK anyway, but I don't know where the OP is from.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 10:53 AM
    If you're in the EU, there should be a mandatory 2 year period for warranty. That's what we get in DK anyway, but I don't know where the OP is from.

Posted via CB10
    I'm aware of that. But that warranty is different from the one voluntarily granted by a company http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...er-rights.html

Via Pasta CB10
    06-29-16 11:11 AM
    I'm aware of that. But that warranty is different from the one voluntarily granted by a company http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...er-rights.html

Via Pasta CB10
    I don't get your point?

06-29-16 11:42 AM
    I don't get your point?

EU warranty doesn't substitute BlackBerry warranty :/

Via Pasta CB10
    06-29-16 01:10 PM
    EU warranty doesn't substitute BlackBerry warranty :/

Via Pasta CB10
    Says who? We get two years of warranty for every electronic product, phones included. I got an exchange 2 times, once for a BlackBerry and once for a Samsung, both in the second year of service. If you're referring strictly to the UK, the rules may be different, but on the mainland this regulation stands firm in place. I don't see how this one year rule stands true; perhaps it applies to ShopBlackBerry only, but carriers and small shops, as well as major commercial centres do offer 2 years. I have yet to see a one year only warranty for something.

Edit: I hope my tone isn't interpreted the wrong way Just that I'm very surprised by this fact, I never heard it before. I knew about BlackBerry's policy, but if you buy the phone from a carrier /shop, regardless if it's locked or unlocked, you do get the 2 year warranty, BlackBerry included. Except that sadly, no one really sells BlackBerry anymore That's a bit sad.
    Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-29-16 02:31 PM
    Lucky, cuz in Canada, its only one year

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    06-29-16 02:39 PM
    Okay got you now.

06-29-16 02:41 PM
    One year in Canada unless you purchased with a credit card as most cards add a year to your warranty.

Posted via CB10
    Mark bb10 likes this.
    07-02-16 08:33 PM
    Sorry, I should have continued on this thread, for anyone interested you can follow how returns process is going on this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1080199

07-22-16 06:43 AM