I'd like to return to BB10 from Android and have a few questions for the Silver Edition Passport:

01. With your experience, do you get daily reboots? The threads on this are concerning and I'd like to see the percentage of people experiencing this.

02. How do you find system performance? Any when opening native apps, social notifications in the app (such as loading a Facebook post)?

03. How long do Android apps take to load?

04. If you're using Grann, do Instagram photos load completely on the screen or do you need to scroll down to see some of the photo that's hidden due to the screen size?

05. How do you find the speaker for audio? If watching someone talk on YouTube and the volume is at around 20%, is there an evident hissing sound whenever the person talks?

06. Does the browser lag when scrolling through web pages?

07. Compared to typing on the original Passport, is the keyboard improved? Is the spacebar easier to press?

08. Have you managed to get Snapchat working?

09. If you're in Ontario and ordered from the BB Store, how long did it take to receive the phone from the time you placed your order?

10. This is more for BB Shop - how are they usually on returns if you don't like the device? Do they pay for return shipping? Do they give you a hard time?

Thanks!
    11-16-15 09:37 PM
    10. This is more for BB Shop - how are they usually on returns if you don't like the device? Do they pay for return shipping? Do they give you a hard time?
    Only one I can answer. BB shop is good when it comes to returns.You pay return shipping. No, they don't give you a hard time at all.
    My only other comment is that they sometimes take a long time to refund your money. I sent back a phone to them one time and after they received it at their warehouse, it took about 10 days for my refund. I don't know if they are still like that.
    11-16-15 10:07 PM
    01. With your experience, do you get daily reboots? The threads on this are concerning and I'd like to see the percentage of people experiencing this.
    Not even once. No daily reboots. No reboots, period.

02. How do you find system performance? Any when opening native apps, social notifications in the app (such as loading a Facebook post)?
    System performance is smooth. No hiccup whatsoever. Native apps open fast and normal. Specifically for Facebook app, it's kinda suck so I use the browser, which works just fine. You'd still get notifications via email.

03. How long do Android apps take to load?
    Instantly.

04. If you're using Grann, do Instagram photos load completely on the screen or do you need to scroll down to see some of the photo that's hidden due to the screen size?
    I don't play Instagram, so I do not use Grann.

05. How do you find the speaker for audio? If watching someone talk on YouTube and the volume is at around 20%, is there an evident hissing sound whenever the person talks?
    Speaker on the Passport OG and SE are the most fabulous. I use it for voice conference with clients. No sound artifact at all. You could crank out the volume to the max with no apparent fault.

06. Does the browser lag when scrolling through web pages?
    Nope.

07. Compared to typing on the original Passport, is the keyboard improved? Is the spacebar easier to press?
    Yesss. The keyboard on the SE is the definite improvement over the OG. Much softer and will not easily tire your fingers with long hours of typing.

08. Have you managed to get Snapchat working?
    No official Snapchat for BB10 because they don't create one for BB10. But BB10 users have been know to had success sideloading the Android version of the app. There is also a native third-party client in the works for BlackBerry 10 users.

09. If you're in Ontario and ordered from the BB Store, how long did it take to receive the phone from the time you placed your order?
    I wouldn't know. I don't live in Ontario. I buy them retail in my country.

Never buy anything from BB Shop. Plenty enough testimonials about their services if you look around the forum.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
    unity04 likes this.
    11-16-15 10:10 PM
    1. No, never had this issue, and I've had a few Silver Editions.

2. Excellent. Very fast. Android apps run well.

3. See 2. It's not as fast as native apps, but apps like Spotify load within a few seconds.

4. Never used it.

5. Volume is beyond excellent, but the quality may be questionable. There is static that can be heard at some volumes whenever audio is played from the bottom speakers. This happens on other BB10 devices if you listen carefully enough, but it seems more clear on the Passport due to its large speakers.

6. Not usually, but this would depend on the page.

7. Can't say, as I've only had the Silver Edition.

8. Never used it.

9. Buy from Amazon if possible. Or even a back alley - never from Digital River.

10. 30 day return policy, but you do need to pay return shipping. Again, do not buy from Digital River.

Silver Edition has known build quality issues related to screen lift at the top and the keyboard cover not being properly molded, so it's not a uniform fit. First one may be more of an issue down the road, but the second one is more cosmetic - if the idea of seeing a bottom speaker plate that looks warped every time you hold the device bothers you, you may want to consider the OG Passport instead. It's also cheaper. But I will say while the build quality is questionable, the durability is excellent - do not worry about drops or even throwing your device at brick walls. I can say this from experience - hold on - *throws device at wall again and watches it slam and slide across the floor* - yes, very much so. Good durability. But again, questionable build quality. Again, do not buy from Digital River. Buy from Amazon if possible. Unlike Digital River, Amazon offers free return or replacement, and depending on how you feel, you may want that.
    unity04 likes this.
    11-16-15 10:28 PM
    Silver Edition has known build quality issues related to screen lift at the top and the keyboard cover not being properly molded, so it's not a uniform fit. First one may be more of an issue down the road, but the second one is more cosmetic - if the idea of seeing a bottom speaker plate that looks warped every time you hold the device bothers you, you may want to consider the OG Passport instead.
    How bad of a screen lift are we talking? And do you have a pic of the keyboard not being properly folded, along with the speaker looking warped?
    11-16-15 10:38 PM
    How bad of a screen lift are we talking? And do you have a pic of the keyboard not being properly folded, along with the speaker looking warped?
    Screen lift looks to be uniform at the top - both sides equally lifted above the bezel. It's about 1cm or less. I've found that applying pressure on the screen - e.g., clamps - for about 1-2 hours resolves it, at least in the short term. Maybe some devices don't have it, but I've had four devices from different stock, and they all have the same issues, all with different build dates - last one was September 21.

I don't have a picture, as I ripped mine off for a nice look of the inside there, but it's visible in this post: Mobile Nations Weekly: iPad Pro on the scene | CrackBerry.com

See the side and the speaker plate? It's not as clear from that angle, but it's still somewhat visible. Some people say theirs are fine, but from all the videos and images I've seen, they must have unicorns. Again, it's mainly cosmetic, but it's kind of ridiculous to have that.
    unity04 likes this.
    11-16-15 10:48 PM
    It's a physical defect due to factory errors or mishandling when shipping. But not all Passports are sold like that. Which is why I'd prefer to buy them at a retail store so I can look and inspect the device directly before taking it home.
    unity04 likes this.
    11-16-15 10:58 PM
    Funny I never thought about re boots with my Passport......it actually never re booted or froze once.

Blackberry Passport
    11-17-15 10:46 AM
    I love my Blackberry Passport SE. I have no issues whatsoever . It is a beauty!

Want to come back to BB10 with the SE-img_20151119_015114.jpg

  
    11-19-15 01:55 AM
    Want to come back to BB10 with the SE-img_20151119_015114.jpg

  
    11-19-15 01:56 AM
    how you can install android os on your passport !!
    11-19-15 03:17 AM
    I said fugetaboutit, dude. Ask John Chen if ye have to. Not gonna happen!
    The one you probably saw on YouTube was a leaked experiment. Doesn't mean anyone could just do it with their Passport. Otherwise there should be more like that sprouting on the internet.
    11-19-15 04:54 AM
    you can't
    11-19-15 04:58 AM
    I love my Blackberry Passport SE. I have no issues whatsoever . It is a beauty!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151119_015114.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	381227

  
    I bet you clamped that baby. And I notice that case makes it impossible to see the sides of the keyboard cover. I'm onto you.
    11-19-15 05:03 AM
    Funny enough, I too just returned to BlackBerry by trading my Note 4 for an SE yesterday. Though the app gap is definitely there, I've been able to patch most successfully and I'm absolutely loving this keyboard! It's so much nice to type on than my work issued OG.

Looks great too. I can see myself sticking with this device for a while.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-15 05:31 AM