I would like to apologize for my last post but would also like to explain how I struggled with this device vs my years of use with apples iphones.

The biggest problem I'm having is the typing and camera issues that some of you have commented on and also noticed that certain features such as fast forward music scan does not function on my Toyota truck.

So I found a buyer for it on Kijiji and started looking at the iphone 6...hated it...felt like tin foil in my hand.

Also did some more research on the capabilities of this phone and cannot give it away.

Want I cannot loose is the great flexibility , Blackberry blend and the incredible sound quality...sounds so much better then my iPhone

Cheers and sorry

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Lightower; 11-05-14 at 09:55 AM.
    11-05-14 09:03 AM
    Apology accepted, just don't do it again.
    11-05-14 09:10 AM
    OK....

Moving on.
    11-05-14 09:14 AM
    It's a device people can warm up to for sure, sadly many people don't have time or don't want to try and warm up to something different.
    11-05-14 09:25 AM
    Accepted

Z30 Beast on Roids..C00463C72
    11-05-14 09:27 AM
    There were some tutorials on facebook that really helped. May seem insignificant but I realized I can use the keyboard soft touch to bring up the keyboard characters as well as some pretty interesting features related to how the it can operate in various positions for sleep mode and parental controls etc etc...in the end I have plenty to learn and get use to and suppose patience is key.

It's not a device you can pick up and use without some learning.

Don't mind my mispells...still getting use to the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 09:32 AM
    Welcome back.

I thought I knew it all when I got the phone but I'm still learning something new everyday. Each new feature I discover is making me more productive. Blackberry really means business.

There were some tutorials on facebook that really helped. May seem insignificant but I realized I can use the keyboard soft touch to bring up the keyboard characters as well as some pretty interesting features related to how the it can operate in various positions for sleep mode and parental controls etc etc...in the end I have plenty to learn and get use to and suppose patience is key.

It's not a device you can pick up and use without some learning.

Don't mind my mispells...still getting use to the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 10:49 AM
    Welcome back. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 10:52 AM
    I've had the PP since release(and the Z10 since THAT released) and I am STILL learning tricks on it. The biggest thing at first was getting slowed down by special characters, but once I realized you can swipe down on the KB to bring up (and toggle between) the virtual keys it help a ton.

Definitely takes a week or two just to adjust to the keyboard and form factor, and closer to a month to start reaching your peak productivity.

No way would I get rid of it now .
    11-05-14 11:01 AM
    Haha, that was fast!

Welcome back!

In the future, just ask. We can make your BlackBerry do anything you want.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 11:17 AM
    That is a very emotional heart warming story of patience, acceptance and faithfulness. Anyone see a Hallmark Special in this?

But, it does (all jokes aside) speak to the appeal of the Passport.

I'm waiting for mine, this week they say, and I am at once excited and a bit worried and anxious.
    Will I like it?
    Going back to a keyboard?
    Ease of use?

I was happy with my Z10 when it arrived. So, I think I will have the same experience with the Passport.

I don't have to get on the train to go into the city early in the morning for work...but I think I just might to see what the reactions will be.
    Last edited by GeoK; 11-05-14 at 02:15 PM.
    haringfish and Geselskap like this.
    11-05-14 11:32 AM
    Glad to have you back. I contemplated leaving too after my screen splitting fiasco and the long, painful spate with BlackBerry support. However, after contemplating how I would accomplish what I need with an iPhone 6 Plus, I simply could not see myself using another device than the Passport. It's just that darn good.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and Geselskap like this.
    11-05-14 12:14 PM
    I would like to apologize for my last post but would also like to explain how I struggled with this device vs my years of use with apples iphones.

The biggest problem I'm having is the typing and camera issues that some of you have commented on and also noticed that certain features such as fast forward music scan does not function on my Toyota truck.

So I found a buyer for it on Kijiji and started looking at the iphone 6...hated it...felt like tin foil in my hand.

Also did some more research on the capabilities of this phone and cannot give it away.

Want I cannot loose is the great flexibility , Blackberry blend and the incredible sound quality...sounds so much better then my iPhone

Cheers and sorry

Posted via CB10
    You see, I admire this. I myself, apologize to people in these forums if I unintentionally offend them. I apologize if I misread what they wrote and attack them. It's good to know there are others out there. Most of the people here are on an attack spree on every post that they see. There are also those that have fun and make the experience here on crackberry enjoyable. Welcome back! We all hope you enjoy it!

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    Geselskap and damien kupuku like this.
    11-05-14 12:38 PM
    This place is weird

Posted via CB10
    Witmen, bspence87 and Andy_bb_king like this.
    11-05-14 12:41 PM
    IMO, 90% of complaints is user error....
    11-05-14 01:49 PM
    I'll accept, but don't think you should say your sorry, maybe say you changed your mind. It's your opinion and you have a right to it whether or not I (or anyone else) agrees. JMO
    11-05-14 01:59 PM

Cheers and sorry

Posted via CB10
    I think you'll find the iPhone 6+ is incredibly flexible! LMFAO (someone had to say it.)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    haringfish likes this.
    11-05-14 04:31 PM
    I too put this thing away in its box for 24 hrs and was going to sell it. Now I can't believe the difference in typing and my accuracy. On a different note: The quad core is amazing.
    I happen to like to use leaked OS and the 1016 is amazing. Maybe head to the leaks and give it a go.

Welcome aboard to a new experience, even for us old-school BlackBerry guys.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1016
    11-05-14 05:37 PM
    Welcome back. I am glad that you made the switch.

Yes, the passport can be overwhelming. It has tremendous amount of learning curve. Please be patient and get to know the device.

The next OS upgrade 10.3.1 brings a lot of new feature you will find extremely useful. The keyboard shortcuts for the applications is the most notable mention.

Soon you will find that what you used to do on your iphone, you can do it quicker and more efficiently with the passport. You might miss some of the apps that you were ingrown into. But ask yourself, do you really need those apps?

Even if you are using the passport as a media consumption device, I think you will find it more than adequate to meet your needs. (if you can stand black bars on the top and bottom of the screen that is)

Glad to have you back to our crazy family of the crackberries.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 07:58 PM
    Bend-gate....flexible. That's a good one!

I think you'll find the iPhone 6+ is incredibly flexible! LMFAO (someone had to say it.)

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-05-14 08:21 PM
    It's not a device you can pick up and use without some learning. .....

Posted via CB10
    If more people understood this then maybe BlackBerry 10 might be doing a little better. Who knows?

I've been on BlackBerry devices since the company started selling pagers.
    I couldn't/wouldn't pick up an iPhone or Android OS phone and expect to know how to use it efficiently, "without some learning"

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 08:45 PM