I usually "wake up" my Passport by swiping up from the bottom of the screen or pressing the power button. I also activated the "lift to wake" feature, which turns on the Passport when you pick it up from a flat surface.

If I pull my phone out of my pocket, the lift to wake feature does not work. I'm wondering if there are other ways besides pressing the power button or using the upwards swipe to wake up the phone? The upwards swipe is not always responsive...I often find myself swiping up 2-3 times before I hit the right spot.

Are there any other ways to wake up the Passport? A key press would be nice.
    10-03-15 12:38 PM
    Hold the "U" key to unlock. And the "L" key to lock.

Posted via The OG Passport
    rcranz likes this.
    10-03-15 01:00 PM
    This

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2789 on Telus
    Last edited by nward2010; 10-03-15 at 05:32 PM.
    10-03-15 01:13 PM
    Hold the "U" key to unlock. And the "L" key to lock.

Posted via The OG Passport
    It's "U" to wake the device and "Enter" to unlock.
    Pressing "K" in the home screen locks the device.

Posted via CB10
    rcranz likes this.
    10-03-15 01:15 PM
    There's a defined area to swipe up, outside of this then it doesn't work

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-15 05:43 PM
    I miss the "swipe up to wake" function. Mine also takes several swipes to get it to work right. I just get used to the power button turn on, but I usually wait about 2 seconds before pressing it, since there is sometimes a delay in the lift-to-wake function. When that happens, it flashes on a split second before I press the power button, then shuts off again. Minor annoyance.
    10-12-15 08:15 AM
    Dirty keyboard and screen decreases sensitivity of swipe to wake.

I try to clean my Passport with a damp pad and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth every night. Right after I do that the swipe to wake is instantaneous.

Try it, I'm not joking.
    10-12-15 08:45 AM
    The oem leather flip case has a magnet that wakes up the passport when you flip the case open, and sends it to sleep when you close it

If you don't have a password, the passport is ready to interact with as soon as you open the case. What i'm tryng to say is that it awakes and unlocks with one action. This is of course configurable.

CB10 on BlackBerry  Passport 10.3.2
    10-12-15 08:56 AM
    From my own trial and error, I believe the lift to wake function only works when the phone is placed face down on a flat surface. I think that any other position just causes the time out to activate and the you have to swipe. I could be wrong though.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:57 AM
    From my own trial and error, I believe the lift to wake function only works when the phone is placed face down on a flat surface. I think that any other position just causes the time out to activate and the you have to swipe. I could be wrong though.

Posted via CB10
    This!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 01:22 PM
    I usually "wake up" my Passport by swiping up from the bottom of the screen or pressing the power button. I also activated the "lift to wake" feature, which turns on the Passport when you pick it up from a flat surface.

If I pull my phone out of my pocket, the lift to wake feature does not work. I'm wondering if there are other ways besides pressing the power button or using the upwards swipe to wake up the phone? The upwards swipe is not always responsive...I often find myself swiping up 2-3 times before I hit the right spot.

Are there any other ways to wake up the Passport? A key press would be nice.
    I tend to get that weird annoying bug when my Passport is plugged in charging.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    10-12-15 03:38 PM
    Lift to wake...I like this way the best.
    10-12-15 06:48 PM
    That is correct! Lift to wake only works if the phone is on a flat surface.

The up swipe is kinda slow because if you swipe in the wrong place the phone will not wake up.

The Passport is awesome, but one way to improve it would be to add a "tap screen anywhere to wake" feature or a double tap.

I hope the creators of the Passport read this comment!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 09:23 PM
    That is correct! Lift to wake only works if the phone is on a flat surface.

The up swipe is kinda slow because if you swipe in the wrong place the phone will not wake up.

The Passport is awesome, but one way to improve it would be to add a "tap screen anywhere to wake" feature or a double tap.

I hope the creators of the Passport read this comment!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, on my previous phone (Jolla Phone) I liked double tap to wake (even though it was a bit flaky sometimes, but still a nice option to have). My Passport which I use now would be even better with that feature

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:52 AM