Just received my passport and it is the coolest thing I've ever used by far. Only one thing sort of bothers me and that is the volume up down and pause play keys rattle around when I shake the device. They still work but they are loose to the touch and was just wondering if this was occurring to anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:16 PM
    Just received my passport and it is the coolest thing I've ever used by far. Only one thing sort of bothers me and that is the volume up down and pause play keys rattle around when I shake the device. They still work but they are loose to the touch and was just wondering if this was occurring to anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    This was a Z30 issue too. You cant do nothing. On the Z30 some black tape under the back helped a lot

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-02-15 04:19 PM
    It's not a big deal to me, I'm just glad I don't have any of the other defects.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:00 PM
    Weird, mine don't move at all and don't make any noise. If it doesn't bother you then I wouldn't worry about it.
    03-02-15 10:06 PM
    Well it's been about a week and the top volume key sinks almost completely into the phone and is getting harder to press. Also the intensity of the rattle is getting worse by the day. I also noticed that the keyboard next to the "P" button is loose and it can be pressed in and out. On top of all of this there is an irremovable stain/discoloration on the back of the phone almost as if it was used as a display model and it had one of those locks glued to the back of it. Also my power brick stopped working completely. These "issues" may not seem like a big deal but they are getting worse by the day and I can only imagine what it would be like after 6 months.

How has everyone else's expirience with the passport quality been? I'm just asking for quality buttons, no moving parts on my slab phone, and a new device not a questionable used device.

Is it even worth exchanging the device? I'm just worried I might get another one with some of the same problems or horrible light bleeding through the keyboard or something.

Does everyone else have a quality device?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:04 AM
    Mine was perfect out of the box. Sounds like yours was a display model.
    03-08-15 03:21 AM
    I had mine replaced due to this issue. It's not supposed to be like that.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:24 AM
    This was a problem with my first passport the replacement I got is exactly the same

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    03-08-15 06:42 AM
    My Passport keys we're dull, took it back and got a replacement. Don't keep something you're not happy with.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:12 AM
    No rattle. You better replace it with a new one. Why pay the full prize for a broken one?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:28 AM
    Mine is perfect, knock on wood.

I would do as others have suggested and get it replaced.

Working WIDE T-Mobile  Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2267 Updated using Sachesi to 10.3.1.2280 Flickering Gone
    03-08-15 07:52 AM
    No rattle here as well, but maybe I am just lucky. I would return and ask for an exchange.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:16 AM
    Seems to be luck of the draw. My first passport which was the black version had loose keys to the point that you can hear them rattling when shaked. Thankfully I tried to move to the Classic which didn't work out for me and now I'm back with the passport ( white version this time) and it's perfectly snug. Too bad there's no diy fix here like the z30 where you can tape the inside of the keys through the removable back. I do agree though that it can be bothersome specially for the more expensive devices

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:03 AM
    Does anyone have any experience exchanging devices with shopBB? Is there a restock fee even if it's a hardware defect? Will it take weeks before I send it, get it approved, and a new one back. Are they usually friendly with this sort of thing?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:42 PM
    I'm taking mine back tomorrow to in store. My volume keys are rattling and its bloody annoying, I hate noise. It's a shame, the rest of the passport is rock solid, that includes the back door, loose my nail and fingers trying to pry it open.
    03-30-15 03:54 PM
    I'd exchange it and get a new device, had a similar problem on my Lumia 1020, you can't really do anything about it besides opening the phone and fix it yourself. And I wouldn't do that on such a newly bought device.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 04:25 PM
    I had a loose 'P' key on my first one, exchanged it. This Passport I have now has been great though, I really love it!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 04:48 PM