Hi all. I having a major problem with my Passport's Voicemail and wondering if anyone else is having this problem and/or has a solution. If I get a call while my phone is laid down or I am not using it, the call, after a few rings goes to VoiceMail, just as it should; no problem there!!

The problem I am having is if I am typing a text, checking the weather, or playing a game and a call comes in the call goes straight to voicemail without giving me the opportunity to answer the call. This has caused me to miss a few important calls already this week. Yes I know the call was directed to voicemail but not having the ability to answer the call immediately is a major pain.

If you open the phone Icon on the Passport and swipe down and go into settings and then open Call Forwarding, it gives you four options. The first option I can slide over to turn off but the next three options, when I go to turn these options off, the Passport attempts to save the change but it defaults back to having the last three options stay on. I have tried restarting and rebooting the phone but with no luck. Anyone out there having this same problem?? This would be a reason to have to return my Passport so I do hope someone out there has a solution .
    10-21-14 10:58 AM
    [QUHi all. I having a major problem with my Passport's Voicemail and wondering if anyone else is having this problem and/or has a solution. If I get a call while my phone is laid down or I am not using it, the call, after a few rings goes to VoiceMail, just as it should; no problem there!!
    That confirms your voice mail is working. Always a good first step.

The problem I am having is if I am typing a text, checking the weather, or playing a game and a call comes in the call goes straight to voicemail without giving me the opportunity to answer the call. This has caused me to miss a few important calls already this week. Yes I know the call was directed to voicemail but not having the ability to answer the call immediately is a major pain.
    Something clearly isn't right here. I tried to duplicate your issue by opening my weather, typing a text, and using my landline to call my cell. As soon as the call came through, the windows for weather and text were replaced by the incoming call screen. My phone rang four times then went to voicemail. Doublecheck all of the notification settings one by one to make sure nothing is set to 'silent'

If you open the phone Icon on the Passport and swipe down and go into settings and then open Call Forwarding, it gives you four options. The first option I can slide over to turn off but the next three options, when I go to turn these options off, the Passport attempts to save the change but it defaults back to having the last three options stay on. I have tried restarting and rebooting the phone but with no luck. Anyone out there having this same problem?? This would be a reason to have to return my Passport so I do hope someone out there has a solution .[/QUOTE]

This is part of the visual voicemail/voicemail part of your contract with your carrier, and not necessarily a problem. If you look at each option, it is explaining what the phone will do if the line is busy or unanswered. The prefilled number is your carrier's voice mail access number. I know it doesn't look right, but this portion of the phone is functioning as it should!
    anon(870071) and ontherock3 like this.
    10-21-14 02:45 PM
    Hi...thanks for the info.

It is still happening, missed two calls already this morning that went to voicemail while I ws texting and another time while I was entering a meeting time and date on my calendar.

Do you have any other suggestions? This is a real pain!
    10-22-14 09:16 AM
    I have PM'd a response to you.
    10-22-14 09:55 AM
    just got your PM...Just took out the SIM Card and rebooted few times. I'll give it a try and see how it goes and report back...thanks
    10-22-14 09:21 PM
    I love my Passport but I've been having the exact same problem. Did that SIM card solution work?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:30 PM
    My problem is similar - if someone who is in my contact list calls, then the phone will ring. If the number is not in my contact list it does show as a missed call but goes immediately to voice mail. Has anyone encountered this issue?
    10-25-14 03:03 PM
    My problem is similar - if someone who is in my contact list calls, then the phone will ring. If the number is not in my contact list it does show as a missed call but goes immediately to voice mail. Has anyone encountered this issue?
    I seem to be having this same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this?
    11-10-14 10:17 PM
    I seem to be having this same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this?
    If anyone else has this problem, this fixed my issue:

KB36391-Unable to receive calls or text messages from phone numbers not stored within a contact in the Contacts application
    ontherock3 likes this.
    11-11-14 09:52 AM
    hi I will try this work around. But in the mean time can I just wipe my Passport completely and restore contacts and phones numbers manually thus avoiding adding a back up from my Q10'S 10.2.1 and thus avoiding this issue??? Will this also work? The voicemail issue is a big BIG PAIN....just about to return my Passport because of this issue.
    11-11-14 03:02 PM
    hi I will try this work around. But in the mean time can I just wipe my Passport completely and restore contacts and phones numbers manually thus avoiding adding a back up from my Q10'S 10.2.1 and thus avoiding this issue??? Will this also work? The voicemail issue is a big BIG PAIN....just about to return my Passport because of this issue.
    I would try to workaround first before you wipe. It worked for me and I didn't have to wipe my phone.
    11-11-14 04:34 PM