I would like to use this feature for doing my reports more than I do. It is easier to talk than tap, particularly when I need to be spontaneous in expressing viewpoints or I'm in bed. But how do you get the device to recognise grammar? (Full stops, Capital letters, commas). E.g., If I stay 'stop' at the end of a sentence, it doesn't type a full stop, it just types in the full word 'stop'. This means an extensive edit, which is a nuisance and frankly a lot slower than typing the report in the first place, particularly as I type fast anyway. It is putting me off using the feature all of the time for report paragraphs, as I keep having to erase, repeat and then erase and then type it instead just to get it over with.

Also how is the best way to get the device to write exactly what you say instead of gibberish. I can't seem to get it quite right yet. Is there a magic formula anyone can share with me?

Any tips on how to optimise use of this talk to type feature would be very much appreciated

Sue x
    02-18-16 02:48 PM
    Intrigued, what voice to text app are you using?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 04:27 PM
    I say "period" "comma" "new paragraph" etc. Works well for me.

 Passport via CB10
    02-18-16 08:54 PM
    By your use of 'stop' etc, I'm assuming you are British?
    You need to select the correct English setting in Settings (under Language & input > voice dictation), there are US, UK, and Australian accents offered.

It does make a big difference on accuracy - for a while I had mine set to UK English as I wanted UK spelling, but the recognition was pretty bad, improved immensely switching to US.

Note - I don't think it recognizes 'stop', but reliably puts a period when saying 'full stop'. For capitals you just have to say capital before each letter.
    Overall it works pretty well for me, but would like it to write continuously like Google dictation rather than listen until a pause and then stop and spit it out in one chunk.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 09:32 PM
    Holy f*ck voice to text function is pretty decent

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 09:38 PM
    Holy f*ck voice to text function is pretty decent

Posted via CB10
    Yea it is, I find myself using it whilst driving with BBPPSE on my knee, great for short messages email, texts, whatsapp

Passport SQW100-4
    02-19-16 10:13 AM
    The Passport inbuilt Assist function, with the little microphone on the keyboard.. Not a downloaded app like Dragon.
    02-19-16 04:15 PM