I've been using voice dictation a lot what with the improved speech recognition on my Q 10. On the Passport how does one invoke the voice dictation.
    08-23-14 01:03 PM
    I've been using voice dictation a lot what with the improved speech recognition on my Q 10. On the Passport how does one invoke the voice dictation.
    I assume with the 0 but I haven't tried that. Also, it's called BlackBerry Assistant just so you know
    08-23-14 01:07 PM
    I assume with the 0 but I haven't tried that. Also, it's called BlackBerry Assistant just so you know
    There is no 0 on the Passport keyboard though.

Voice Dictation is the feature when you long-press the 0 on the Q series and you can talk into a text field and it will fill your words. There is even a setting for it in the OS settings where they refer to it as "Voice Dictation". BlackBerry Assistant is more the Siri-like feature; that is invokable just like any current BlackBerry phone I assume: by long-pressing on the media key.
    08-23-14 01:10 PM
    There is no 0 on the Passport keyboard though.

Voice Dictation is the feature when you long-press the 0 on the Q series and you can talk into a text field and it will fill your words. There is even a setting for it in the OS settings where they refer to it as "Voice Dictation". BlackBerry Assistant is more the Siri-like feature; that is invokable just like any current BlackBerry phone I assume: by long-pressing on the media key.
    My bad I forgot about the 0. I'm thinking that since there'll be punctuation on the screen, then you'll have to hold the "." (the period) just like on touchscreen devices
    stardomains likes this.
    08-23-14 01:18 PM