Hi Blackberry Passport Users,

please advise whether Vivino app works on your devices. I'm considering a migration to BB Passport Silver as iPhone user since 2008.
    I'm working with wines on the daily basis that is why I'm little concerned about what I learned on the internet.

As far as I know Vivino was removed from BB World with no further plans to launch a suitable extension for this platform. There is still an option though to get it through Google Play store. I found some information on the internet that this app works then well on particular devices but on the others not at all. Please let me know what your experience is and what should I expect.

Thanks a lot for your support,
    Artur
    12-21-15 12:34 PM
    Hello,

I used to be a heavy user of Vivino with my Nexus 5 and tried to install it on a Black version Passport. Unfortunately, I had to uninstall Vivino few months ago because I couldn't launch it anymore. From my experience, the Android app installed on my Passport worked fine at the beginning but the updates of the app made it more and more buggy.

Indeed, the camera was not suitable for Vivino app. I couldn't take proper picture of the labels and made it recognize automatically or very hardly by Vivino app. When I last updated it, I couldn't launch it at all. So far, my experience with Vivino on Passport is bad, which is a little bit annoying, but it's not a business app for me, so I'm ok not having it on my Passport.

I feel sorry to say that, but if you really need Vivino app in your daily business, Passport will not match your requirements.

I didn't try the very last update, maybe some of the compatibilities' problems have been solved.

I hope my reply will help you.
    I just to a screen shot of the app via Snap/Google Play.

It's alive and kicking via an Android install. No worries.

Vivino app on Blackberry Passport Silver Edition?-img_20151221_132143.png

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    12-21-15 01:23 PM
    I yet can't post links but on Vivino forum I found a post "Blackberry Passport Vivino worked great" by C Suttle claiming he/she is facing serious camera compatibility issues on the Passport.

Do you know anything about it?

Thanks,
    Artur
    12-21-15 01:33 PM
    I do not. I don't use Vivinio. If there is a way to PM him for additional information, I suggest you try that.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    12-22-15 01:26 AM
    Hi Blackberry Passport Users,

please advise whether Vivino app works on your devices. I'm considering a migration to BB Passport Silver as iPhone user since 2008.
    I'm working with wines on the daily basis that is why I'm little concerned about what I learned on the internet.

As far as I know Vivino was removed from BB World with no further plans to launch a suitable extension for this platform. There is still an option though to get it through Google Play store. I found some information on the internet that this app works then well on particular devices but on the others not at all. Please let me know what your experience is and what should I expect.

Thanks a lot for your support,
    Artur
    I downloaded the app from Google Play but it did not run since it requires Google Services. I understand there could be a way to get Google Services running for specific apps but I have not tried.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 05:52 AM
    Hello,

I used to be a heavy user of Vivino with my Nexus 5 and tried to install it on a Black version Passport. Unfortunately, I had to uninstall Vivino few months ago because I couldn't launch it anymore. From my experience, the Android app installed on my Passport worked fine at the beginning but the updates of the app made it more and more buggy.

Indeed, the camera was not suitable for Vivino app. I couldn't take proper picture of the labels and made it recognize automatically or very hardly by Vivino app. When I last updated it, I couldn't launch it at all. So far, my experience with Vivino on Passport is bad, which is a little bit annoying, but it's not a business app for me, so I'm ok not having it on my Passport.

I feel sorry to say that, but if you really need Vivino app in your daily business, Passport will not match your requirements.

I didn't try the very last update, maybe some of the compatibilities' problems have been solved.

I hope my reply will help you.
    12-22-15 07:20 AM
    Thanks a lot for your help guys!
    12-22-15 08:04 AM
    I have been using Vivino on BlackBerry since it was in BlackBerry App store. Afterwards I have loaded it from the Google store and use it regularly.

Yes it does have some limitations. Keeps asking for Google services (simply ignore), does not work with location (I am ok with this, no one needs to know where I buy my wine), and a few versions back Vivino did not work well with the Passport (OG or SE) camera but this is now fixed (since this week's update). Only caveat with Passport is that the picture taken via Vivino does not end up formated very well. You are better off to take the picture 1st with the Passport camera then access/add them to Vivino via the select from file option in the Vivino camera option.

Suggestion: keep a working APK file as back up, so when an issue occurs, then you simply install last working version until updates are released. That way Vivino is always available.

Otherwise, you can post, get updates from followers, and enjoy this fine app.

Salut!

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    12-22-15 10:17 AM
    Good to read that the developers have fixed some issues ! I will give it another try then. Thanks for the update Remrose.
    12-22-15 02:03 PM