Since our BB10's no longer get security updates. What do you folks use for an Anti-Virus and Malware protection? Thank you,

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 10:36 PM
    Since our BB10's no longer get security updates. What do you folks use for an Anti-Virus and Malware protection? Thank you,

Posted with my Passport
    Useless. Same answer as on Android.

Without root access, anti-virus can't do anything apart from hog resources.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-15-19 10:44 PM
    Ah yes, makes sense. Thank you,

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 10:47 PM

Posted with my Passport
    Hey Crusader,

It's also not necessary to be concerned about security updates; unlike Android, Blackberry 10's underlying infrastructure has security built in and the Android runtime is far less vulnerable to any malware than an actual Android device.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    08-15-19 11:09 PM
    Hey Crusader,

It's also not necessary to be concerned about security updates; unlike Android, Blackberry 10's underlying infrastructure has security built in and the Android runtime is far less vulnerable to any malware than an actual Android device.
    Good to know. Thank you.

On a side note, just tried to run Prime Video, alas, it does not, keeps crashing.

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 11:15 PM
    Good to know. Thank you.

On a side note, just tried to run Prime Video, alas, it does not, keeps crashing.

Posted with my Passport
    Hmmm....I may be able to help with that one Crusader....I'll put it on the list. Lots of BB10 folks to help, but only so much time.
    08-15-19 11:23 PM
    Hmmm....I may be able to help with that one Crusader....I'll put it on the list. Lots of BB10 folks to help, but only so much time.
    I truly do appreciate any help! Thank you,

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 11:25 PM
    By the way, is there a locker app that could include apps on BB10?

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 11:27 PM

Posted with my Passport
    Nope.
    08-15-19 11:27 PM

Posted with my Passport
    A locker app that can include apps? You mean a way to have "hidden" apps that can only be accessed through the main locker app?
    08-15-19 11:28 PM
    A locker app that can include apps? You mean a way to have "hidden" apps that can only be accessed through the main locker app?
    Yes, like on the K2.

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 11:30 PM
    Nope.
    That's a shame, I put any app attached to a payment method in there on my K2. Oh well,

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 11:32 PM
    Yes, like on the K2.

Posted with my Passport
    Not familiar with the K2's app as I tend to stay away from Android, but there are a ton of apps that will let you lock files, folders, even lock your BB10 device into only running a particular app. However, I'm not sure if there's one that will let you hide whole apps inside it. I can check into it further if you'd like.
    08-15-19 11:33 PM
    Not familiar with the K2's app as I tend to stay away from Android, but there are a ton of apps that will let you lock files, folders, even lock your BB10 device into only running a particular app. However, I'm not sure if there's one that will let you hide whole apps inside it. I can check into it further if you'd like.
    Would have been nice. In the K2 locker version you can place files, pics and a whole app. I keep all apps tied to financial institutions and payment enabled apps in there. Would have been cool. So be it.

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 11:43 PM
    That's a shame, I put any app attached to a payment method in there on my K2. Oh well,

Posted with my Passport
    You are going to find out lots of things may not be easy or possible especially app-wise but I think that you knew that coming in, right?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-19 11:45 PM
    You are going to find out lots of things may not be easy or possible especially app-wise but I think that you knew that coming in, right?

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah! All the restrictions aside, this is far and above the best OS I have ever used . That includes iOS, Samsung, Android and BBOS! Loving the challenge!

Posted with my Passport
    08-15-19 11:48 PM

Posted with my Passport
    BlackBerry Balance is the closest I can think of but you need an EMM solution to enable it, I'm not sure if BlackBerry still offers EMM subscriptions for individuals or how well it still works.
    08-16-19 03:35 PM

Posted with my Passport
    Locking device in glove box, desk or bedroom drawer and wall or floor safe will also provide similar effects...

FWIW just helping out in BB10 Forums
    08-16-19 03:39 PM
    Locking device in glove box, desk or bedroom drawer and wall or floor safe will also provide similar effects...

FWIW just helping out in BB10 Forums
    Just don't peel back my floorboards. May be other stuff down there.
    08-16-19 03:42 PM
    Maybe not quite a featureful as BlackBerry locker, but these might do part or all of what is needed. I haven't used either, but there they are on BlackBerry World ...

"Invisible Icons for BlackBerry 10" by Runisoft - which hide an app into the wallpaper background making it appear invisible and a few other similair apps by the same developer.
    ...and something called "AppLock..." by Toy Soft Development inc
    08-17-19 10:27 AM
    Thank you for the heads up, I'll take a look.

Posted with my Passport
    08-17-19 11:03 AM
    Just don't peel back my floorboards. May be other stuff down there.
    I figured there was other stuff not kept in your closet...
    08-17-19 01:09 PM
    Do you have any actual, verifiable evidence for this statement?
    08-18-19 08:16 AM
    Do you have any actual, verifiable evidence for this statement?
    I would say that BB10 isn't susceptible to a lot of the Android malware, as most of it is coded for newer versions of the OS and/or use features not available in the BB10 ART.

But I would be more concerned about outdated browsers and old Android apps harvesting info more than malware.
    08-18-19 09:08 AM
    I would say that BB10 isn't susceptible to a lot of the Android malware, as most of it is coded for newer versions of the OS and/or use features not available in the BB10 ART.

But I would be more concerned about outdated browsers and old Android apps harvesting info more than malware.
    I was told it wasn’t possible and yet , on your statement, my concerns remain. In order to use Android driven apps, I have to give permissions just like on Android device. If denied certain permissions, in BBAndroid or BB10 ART4.3, the app doesn’t function correctly... Is that a reasonable statement?
    08-18-19 09:22 AM
28 12