No confusion what so ever.
    And only if it was a software glitch. That would have been great. Easier to fix a software glitch.
    So what exactly happened then?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 06:11 AM
    So what exactly happened then?

Posted via CB10
    Would go to a specific website, browse and read some articles. Later the headphone jack would not play sound nor was headphones recognized.

Would do every imaginable shut down or soft reset. Would not fix the issue.

Do an OS reload without restoring information and problem solved.

If I did a reload and restored information, the problem would persist.

If I went back to the website and read articles and browse after fixing the problem, the problem would come right back again.

Now my definition of it being a "virus" may not be 100% true definition. But I consider it a virus, as it changed my passport from running as intended and could not be fixed with out wiping out and reinstalling the OS.
    08-16-17 07:27 AM
    Would go to a specific website, browse and read some articles. Later the headphone jack would not play sound nor was headphones recognized.

If I went back to the website and read articles and browse after fixing the problem, the problem would come right back again.

Now my definition of it being a "virus" may not be 100% true definition. But I consider it a virus, as it changed my passport from running as intended and could not be fixed with out wiping out and reinstalling the OS.
    Perhaps the website was not disengaging your audio? I have had instances where I would have no sound after using the browser.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 07:49 AM
    Perhaps the website was not disengaging your audio? I have had instances where I would have no sound after using the browser.

Posted via CB10
    What every it was, it only effected the headphone jack.

All other audio would work.

The headphone jack only would become unrecognizable.

It was some type of code that would change or block the code used for BB10 to operate the headphone jack. That's about all I know or bothered to know. Once I pin pointed the area where the "virus" could be picked up, I avoided it.
    08-16-17 08:00 AM
    What every it was, it only effected the headphone jack.

All other audio would work.

The headphone jack only would become unrecognizable.

It was some type of code that would change or block the code used for BB10 to operate the headphone jack. That's about all I know or bothered to know. Once I pin pointed the area where the "virus" could be picked up, I avoided it.
    Could this be described as bug or glitch created by "The BB10" development team in an infamous update?
    08-16-17 08:37 AM
    Could this be described as bug or glitch created by "The BB10" development team in an infamous update?
    If so......than their glitch has been there since day one of release.
    08-16-17 08:41 AM
    If so......than their glitch has been there since day one of release.
    Not surprising.... At least now, well before, they could have fixed.... Still there after reloading using autoloader?
    08-16-17 08:44 AM

What gain would one have from creating a "virus" that interferes with the audio jack? That would mean that someone actually wrote specific code to make it happen and that's just stupid even as an idea.

BB10 has it's own glitches and this sounds like one of the sort.
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    08-16-17 08:47 AM
    What gain would one have from creating a "virus" that interferes with the audio jack? That would mean that someone actually wrote specific code to make it happen and that's just stupid even as an idea.

BB10 has it's own glitches and this sounds like one of the sort.
    That way people only hear what the virus creator wants to be heard.. Duh.....
    08-16-17 09:09 AM
    That way people only hear what the virus creator wants to be heard.. Duh.....
    Sounds like I need to modify my tinfoil hat to have ear flaps, and to download the latest and greatest placebo antivirus from BlackBerry World.
    08-16-17 09:34 AM
    Sounds like I need to modify my tinfoil hat to have ear flaps, and to download the latest and greatest placebo antivirus from BlackBerry World.
    Can you email link to me from spam email account so I can download to corrupt my own system? LOL
    08-16-17 09:27 PM
36 12