Here's a video that I came across on youtube about, is Passport and OS10 still relevant in 2017 and I think the consensus was, why yes, of course!
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    02-27-17 08:32 AM
    For some people... yes it will be.

For most people... It's a three year old hardware set that isn't officially for sale anymore, and runs an outdated and non supported OS that doesn't do what most people today expect of a "smartphone".

If it still meets your needs.... that is great, use it and be happy with your decision.
    02-27-17 08:45 AM
    As long as the Google Play store survives on it, it will be relevant...

Sure it's a 2-plus-year old phone but BB10 is still smooth and everything works as it should. Is it still a $650 phone? Nope! But if you can snag one for a few hundred, it's a killer phone if you dig the square..
    02-27-17 08:51 AM
    For some people... yes it will be.

For most people... It's a three year old hardware set that isn't officially for sale anymore, and runs an outdated and non supported OS that doesn't do what most people today expect of a "smartphone".

If it still meets your needs.... that is great, use it and be happy with your decision.
    I'm sure your past your prime too, but we still keep you around, eh Capt. Sparkles? LOL!

I've bought enough next big things to know they really aren't and no real noticeable improvements that are critical can be observed, mainly speedy web loading for me, App loading time. But we keep letting ourselves buy the next lie if you know what I mean? Passport battery life is better than 99% any other phone for one huge feature. It can run OS10 and Android Apps just fine with the three minutes to install Cobalts 4 APK's. The bargain price of the Passport today plus it's capabilities it is an outstanding buy. Old specs?! I don't mean nothing, unless its an OS behind.
    raqball and ratfinkstooley like this.
    02-27-17 09:07 AM
    I still use it as my secondary device and will carry on doing so especially for online banking.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 09:34 AM
    I'm picking up my white passport tomorrow, gave up my z10 for a 6 core 3g2g 32g2g android a year ago. Mainly due to lack of decent email sync its given me to conserve battery and poor keyboard andmouse predictive text. Got it for 75 GBP.. looking forward to having the extra width!! Think I can do without most apps, downloaded/tested a few on my old z10 and think I'll survive..
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    02-27-17 02:29 PM
    I always say on these forums that any phone is worth it as long as it does what you need it to and that you understand the limitations on it.

Some people get by with flip phones no problem and some use "obsolete" brand like BlackBerry.

If it works for you, use it.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163  pin:2C09CE92
    02-27-17 06:42 PM
    My Passport has been a solid, predictable partner for my business from the moment I bought it. In fact, the first pano photos I took with it opened a conversation that resulted in sales that paid for it 3x over. (not selling the photos, mind you, but marrying the function, screen-size and clarity of said images... just as ONE of MANY, MANY similar experiences.)

I use my phone as a communication and file-reference device, camera and music player.

I don't see myself putting this device down for some time.
    ezubeBB2013 and Zeratul57 like this.
    02-28-17 06:03 AM
    it will last a lot longer than a year.
    sonicpix likes this.
    02-28-17 10:04 AM
    I think the critical thing is the access to the Google app store. I have fairly simple app needs and most of the built in or native apps are perfectly good for me. The thing I'd miss would be banking and specific travel apps which are only really available from the Google Play Store. If I can still use these, then the advantages of the Passport - design, BB10, keyboard, battery life etc... would keep it as my main device until the hardware died.
    03-01-17 04:42 PM
    it will last a lot longer than a year.
    Ya. He said 'good for a year'. Based on what?
    03-01-17 05:06 PM
    I always say on these forums that any phone is worth it as long as it does what you need it to and that you understand the limitations on it.

Some people get by with flip phones no problem and some use "obsolete" brand like BlackBerry.

If it works for you, use it.

?

Sure it's a few years old now but even still, the most striking hardware out there. As long as it can keep doing what I need it to, l will hold on to it. Can't beat the price I paid for mine.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 05:39 PM
    ?

Sure it's a few years old now but even still, the most striking hardware out there. As long as it can keep doing what I need it to, l will hold on to it. Can't beat the price I paid for mine.

Posted via CB10
    I paid 300 for the Red Passport. I don't regret it one bit. I bought a black Classic for 179. Don't regret it at all.

I love this damn OS. I wish it's adoption rate was higher. It's a powerful, but underestimated OS.

03-01-17 07:20 PM
    I paid 182 for an OG one. Just had to buy a US wall charger as the unlocked passport came from UK via eBay.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 07:39 PM
    I paid 182 for an OG one. Just had to buy a US wall charger as the unlocked passport came from UK via eBay.

Posted via CB10
    That's a steal.

03-01-17 08:18 PM
    Hence my glee Emanuel. Just trying to figure out everything I can do with this beauty!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 08:21 PM