So I'm trying to take videos at summer camp and anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute the error message "Video cannot be recorded" always pops up.

I've rebooted the phone twice and even reinserted the microsd card.

Using an updated passport.

Anyone have a fix for this, other then reinstalling OS?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 01:49 PM
    Are you saving to device memory or SD card? Could be a storage space issue

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    07-08-15 02:05 PM
    Both device and sd have minimum 5gb free
    Sd had 25gb

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 02:11 PM
    Anyone have any info on this. I missed so many good video opps today with the kids.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 07:59 PM
    Anyone have any info on this. I missed so many good video opps today with the kids.

Posted via CB10
    Try recording directly on to your device and not the sd card. Go into camera, swipe down from the top, click settings and turn off save on media card.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 09:12 PM
    Sorry for the missed photo ops. It sounds like a corrupt file system or index. Please try the following which I hope works for you. It is basically a file system reset without the extra hassle of reloading the OS and apps. The gist is that you must repartition and FULL format the SD Card on your computer (not the phone) as well as reset the BB10 file index by deleting all data in the internal storage folders.

- take the SD card out of your phone
    - It seems you have a lot of data saved on the phone if you have ~5GB out of 32GB left so I'm guessing you've connected the phone to your computer a few times, copied stuff back and forth, deleted etc. This could have confused the indexing system so...
    - Make sure Mass storage mode is NOT selected and connect the phone to computer then backup your data if you haven't already. Please share how long this takes. I am curious to know how fast the Passport internal storage is.
    - disconnect the phone
    - Go into each folder in the phone (video, music, documents etc...) and delete everything there
    - reboot the phone.
    - start the file manager, camera app, music app just to make sure they have no data. If you see anything where there should be none e.g. Music app as a poster was experiencing, download or copy a small file into the respective folder and reboot to reset the indexer.
    - connect the phone to the computer and restore what you want in the "internal storage."
    - disconnect phone and reboot it, rechecking that everything looks okay in the file manager and camera, music etc...

- connect the SD card to your computer directly. I assume you have an SD card reader
    *** If you don't have an SD card reader, insert the SD card into the phone and enable Mass Storage mode in settings then connect phone to computer
    - Use your operating system's utility to repartiton the SD card as a single MS-DOS partition (I assume it is 32GB. If greater then use EXFAT) (fdisk in unix, diskpart in Windows, Disk utility in OS X). You can give it a name like
    - Perform a FULL format of the card on the computer not a quick but the long one
    *** Disconnect the SD Card (or the phone if you don't have a reader)
    - Insert Empty SD Card into the phone and open File Manager. You should see the standard folders created on the card by BB10
    - Disable Mass Storage Mode and connect to the computer again for the final SD restore
    - Restore the data you had in the SD Card if you want
    - Disconnect the phone, open File Manager to see that the files are present and wait a while depending on how much data you restored. You can go into device monitor and click on CPU using the bottom left expansion list to see if things are fairly idle. System should be <10% at idle.
    - Reboot the phone

Hopefully this will make your camera work again. Just remember to set it to SD Card and remember the following important facts:

- Do not use the BB10 utilities to erase/format the SD Card. Just use file manager to delete folders or use a computer to full format (using a card reader or Mass Storage mode)
    - Never delete the standard BB10 folders (Music, Video...) from the computer side, especially if you are in Mass storage mode. The System/indexer will have old info lying around and will get corrupt. Just delete the contents and reboot the phone to resync the indexer.

Good Luck.
    07-10-15 01:31 AM
    Hmmmm interesting. I set it to device memory and I can go over 90 seconds. Put it back to sd card and after 10 seconds it crashed and I needed a restart.

I'm going to try a regular reformat of the sd card and see if that works. It sucks bc I have like 30gb of music and a lot of video on the 64gb card. It's gonna take forever to repopulate.

I'm also thinking of trying just to record to device and every week or so move the files to sd.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 10:30 AM
    Hmmmm interesting. I set it to device memory and I can go over 90 seconds. Put it back to sd card and after 10 seconds it crashed and I needed a restart.

I'm going to try a regular reformat of the sd card and see if that works. It sucks bc I have like 30gb of music and a lot of video on the 64gb card. It's gonna take forever to repopulate.

I'm also thinking of trying just to record to device and every week or so move the files to sd.

Posted via CB10
    The key thing is to figure out if it is the sd card. If you have an extra sd card, put it in the phone, format it and try it. It's great if your able to record on the phone but you don't want a defective card and then transfer things over to it. If you got the card from a name brand store, that's good. If from eBay or unknown source then that's probably the problem.
    I'm using my card as well with several pictures of the kids and different songs. I'd be devastated if I lost them. ...hope you figure out.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 11:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like your SD card might be taking a dump.

Try recording at a lower setting. Like 1080p or 720p.
    If it works after changing the setting lower, good possibility that you have a bad card or a card that's rated to low of a speed for high data high speed recording.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 05:19 PM
    I've had the card since day one. I'm going to try a few things. Thanks guys!

As always CB comes through

Posted via CB10
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    07-10-15 07:46 PM
    So I haven't reformatted my card yet. Gonna do it today. I've tried to copy pictures from device to sd and it says

Input output error. Is this a problem with the SD card? Is it garbage now?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 05:31 PM
    I would not say that just yet. Do you have another phone you can test the card in? Perhaps a reader for the computer itself?

If the card is bad, like mine was, it was still showing the 64GB storage capacity, but after 32GB it would start to generate errors. I had to format it in my SG4 at the time. Every format in the BB caused the errors to reoccur.

If you don't have a different device or a computer, ask a friend if they would allow you test on their device or computer. Have a couple of beer during the time, he/she would appreciate the offer no doubt.
    07-27-15 05:39 PM
    yea ive gotta try that next. it just sucks cuz its gonna take FOREVER to copy over my music again
    07-27-15 07:07 PM
    Can't reformat the card. Tried with the phone and 3 computers. This is great

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:04 AM
    Did you repartition first using fdisk(unix), disk utility(mac) or diskpart(windows)?
    07-28-15 11:32 AM
    Did you repartition first using fdisk(unix), disk utility(mac) or diskpart(windows)?
    diskpart wont let me do anything. it gives me a 'cannot complete' error. ive tried SD Formatter and a formatter from HP that apparently works well. Ive tried 3 computers, 3 adapters and 2 phones.

Sandisk support said it would be easier to replace then to try and figure out what was wrong. I copied all my pictures//videos to a computer and im just waiting for the next step from sandisk.
    07-29-15 10:29 AM